Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle Pet Dragon Team Reccomendations?

Hello everyone!

I'm just starting to get into the battle pet stuff and I was wondering if anyone had three suggestions for a dragon themed team. They don't need to be all dragonkin, i.e. the mechanical pandaren dragonling would totally fit even though it's not dragonkin. I can and will be doing my own research on this, but if anyone already has a dragon-y team that they've used with success that would be great.

I'm not looking for anything super competitive, but one that I can do all the quests with and capture anything I want with, stuff like that.

Thank you very much to anyone that can help!
    Shoespoon!

10+ Year Old Account
    After a certain point you'll need a variety of pet types to beat some of the trainers.

However, there are a lot of good dragonlings that aren't dragon type, like the Scourged Whelpling or the Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling like you mentioned.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Onyxian Whelpling/Spawn of Onyxia, I believe, is still VERY strong and would be a great addition. The Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling isn't that stellar, but would round out your team more (instead of just having all dragon-types). The Scourged Whelpling is actually an undead type pet, so that would be a great one as well.

That'll give you some good flexibility and a lot of dragons! You could also look into using a Nether Faerie Dragon or a Sprite Darter Hatchling.

Here's a list of all Dragonkin-type battle pets. http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/dragonkin/
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-07-07 at 04:23 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nexus whelpling is really good and easy to get. Absolutely destroys flying pets.

Green proto whelpling is also suppose to be pretty good, but in a different way. It's more of an endurance pet where you just keep healing going while you slowly whittle down the opposing team. Popular combo is to use beetle/roach apocalypse and switch this thing in because it's incredibly hard to kill, at least against the legendary beasts of fable in Pandaria.

One i'm running with is the Infinite Whelpling. If you get into battle pets like me and start going after breeds, the infinite whelp does great against slow heavy-hitting pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Azure Whelping, Nexus Whelping, and Lil' Tarecgosa. This is my team. All three blue dragons and I love it .

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my Onyxian Whelpling so I've already got a nice headstart there. I didn't realize that the scourged whelpling was undead, that's great! A decent bit of variety. Thanks!
    Shoespoon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the Emerald Proto Whelpling is awesome, if you don't mind protos, you should pick up a P/P one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling isn't that stellar, but would round out your team more (instead of just having all dragon-types).
    It's not amazing but it's the only Magic double-counter.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This isn't really very helpful for an all dragon team but here are two pet battle things I find very useful myself. First, Golden Serpent Hatchlings synergise very very well with Clockwork Gnomes (their turret ability in particular). Secondly, power-breed Emperor Crabs can be incredibly powerful. As an example, I can easily solo Aki with one. I use her to level up new pets, drop by once a day to collect something in the region of 5000 xp for a leveling pet, will get them to 25 in only a few days.