Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The current system is way better than pre-MOP, IMO. But I still really don't like some of our totems like Searing and Magma. It just doesn't feel right having them be buttons you press for rotational DPS, even if they last 1 minute now. It's not a fun system.

Deleted
    No I'm not, but I have no idea how to change it. I'd like something to make them feel more important. Perhaps a cooldown which increases their effect or adds a secondary effect for x amount of time? Like searing totem adds a stacking dot each time it hits, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    The biggest thing is that the elemental limitations need to be done away with. With all impactful totems restricted by cooldowns anyway, there really isn't a good reason why HST/MTT, Stone Bulwark/Earth Ele, etc need to be overwriting each other. No other class really has this type of limitation on stacking cooldowns together, and it feels like an archaic remnant of the pre-Cata design.
    My thoughts exactly. One of the biggest qualms I have with them also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    The biggest thing is that the elemental limitations need to be done away with. With all impactful totems restricted by cooldowns anyway, there really isn't a good reason why HST/MTT, Stone Bulwark/Earth Ele, etc need to be overwriting each other. No other class really has this type of limitation on stacking cooldowns together, and it feels like an archaic remnant of the pre-Cata design.
    Completely agree.

I had to resort to setting up my weak auras to avoid overwriting the important water totems.
    My bouncy HST icon won't show if another water totem is active.
    Then made a vertical progress bar for when mana tide is up.

Didn't have to work up anything remotely complicated to avoid overwriting Power Word: Barrier on my disc priest or Revival on my monk!

And I terribly loathe how SBT and Primal Elementalist (earth elemental reinforce) overwrite each other. Doubt I ever touch SBT again when 5.4 makes astral shift 1.5m cd because of this faulty approach to our totems.

When buffs stopped being unique and were spread among all specs changing the totem system became a necessity and not only a quality of life change. Shamans are not a step ahead with that change.
    Making enhancement and elemental specs viable in raids a step forward for the class for example.

I personally want to be able to put two or more of a totem type down at a time. It just becomes such a pain especially with the amount of earth totems there are to drop. Obviously stuff like searing and fire elemental wouldn't be droppable at the same time. And some totems with more interaction.

Deleted
    Totem synergy would be cool. I also really liked the idea that someone posted of a shaman being really powerful next to his totems but weaker away from them.

Imagine if they created field/area on the ground that would give buffs to the shaman +/- his group when inside. Something like this (enjoy my awesome MS paint skills):

I don't know, there's so much potential for awesomeness with totems. Something should change.

Edit: I know this wouldn't work with the short duration and situational totems, it would need longer duration ones.
    Last edited by mmocff555210cb; 2013-07-08 at 10:06 PM.