Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Tossing an obvious lie at the community in response to a valid complaint is a heck of a way to inspire faith in the development team.
    Just because it isn't what *you* want to hear, doesn't make it a lie. Sorry.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Just because it isn't what *you* want to hear, doesn't make it a lie. Sorry.
    In this context, your reply makes no sense. Did you read what I posted or just select something quotable at random in a lame attempt at trolling?

And yet, another build without a single Hunter change... Oh, wait, there was a tooltip fix... T.T

Every patch, during PTRs i always have the impression that either they have no idea what to do with Hunters, or the class is really the least priority in the line, cause they always balance/fix/change everyone else, THEN, on the last build of the PTR, they come up with (lame band-aid) fixes...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    And yet, another build without a single Hunter change... Oh, wait, there was a tooltip fix... T.T

Every patch, during PTRs i always have the impression that either they have no idea what to do with Hunters, or the class is really the least priority in the line, cause they always balance/fix/change everyone else, THEN, on the last build of the PTR, they come up with (lame band-aid) fixes...
    There was this small change/nerf to our next tier set bonus 'Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 12 seconds per cast. 9 seconds per cast'

I'm kind of annoyed, because every time I'm like a child at Christmas when seeing new PTR patches go up, I scroll down to see the Hunters section and---nope, nothing. nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed, because every time I'm like a child at Christmas when seeing new PTR patches go up, I scroll down to see the Hunters section and---nope, nothing. nope.
    I have learned to really not expect anything. So when I see new glyphs (before I saw how crappy craptastic they were) I get excited. nice nerf to 2pc....

To be fair, 100% uptime on rapid fire ment it was more rotational than a cooldown. It'll still be close, but more like Focus Fire is for BM atm - very high uptime with occasional back to backs .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-08-07 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I think many of us feel the same way!

10+ Year Old Account
    i was like awww yis......oh nvm tool tip fixes. #1 tease is blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As long as SV have no interaction with the dots that are thrown out, it still wouldn't be nearly as powerfull as any other multidotting class. The reason Boomkins, locks and Spriests are as strong as they are, is because of the fact that for each target they roll dots on, they have higher proc chances of their "nuke" skills, such as Starsurge or Mind Blast.
    As SV is limited by a 10 second ICD on Lock and Load, even unbinding BA from its cooldown wouldn't do anything to help us, really.

I already proposed a way to make the spec far more interactive for multi-dotting purposes earlier in this (or was it a different?) thread:

Give Viper Venom a .5 second ICD.
    Make it give 6 focus per proc instead of 3, and make it proc every 6 seconds instead of every 3.
    This way, if you multi-dot a large group of mobs through Serpent spread, you still only get the old, boring "3 focus every 3 seconds"-average from viper venom.
    However, if you dot up 5-6 adds seperately, suddenly you're starting to get 6 focus a second.
    Suddenly, the playstyle turns into one where the only thing you do is throw out instants - no more Cobra shots. The regen you would otherwise get from Cobra is gained from the Viper Venom procs, and you are relying on them to be able to keep throwing out damage. If there's only one target, it's exactly as it is now - the more secondary targets you can keep SS rolling on, the less you have to care about cobra shot, basicly.
    I really like this idea, But I think it would be even cooler if they somehow expanded upon it. Maybe make it so that Viper venom isn't even specifically tied to Serpent Sting, but to Black Arrow as well. I don't know if it would be balanced or anything like that, but Survival could become the "instant shot spec." Meaning they could take Cobra Shot away from the spec entirely, and make it play quite a bit differently. Both DoTs could give you enough focus to mantain single target damage, and any bonus Serpent Stings you can throw out would give you that much more focus to play with. They'd obviously need to change up how much focus you would get from two DoTs only... But yeah. Just a thought I had. Hell, with the removal of Cobra Shot from the spec they could even add in another DoT or something.

To be fair, in their mind, we got a 10% magic dmg reduc added to camo with a glyph...... <.<
    Reducing that single spell that will hit us and break camo is the single greatest thing blizzard has ever done. Casters will tremble at out feet for a few seconds while they cast another spell and camo is on cooldown.

Deleted
    @DeviousUn When we start the tuning pass, you'd know, because there will be changes to many specs all at once. Estimating two PTRs from now
    GC told that to a guy asking for fury changes. So, with today's build, it should be the next the one that tunes DPS for everyone. Hoping so

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And the reason SV sucks for scaling because we don't have said niches(at all for that matter)

Moonkins: [30% Chance on Moon/Sunfire crit to make Starsurge instant] And guess what stat they are stacking? CRIT!
    Shadow Priests: [SW:Pain has a chance to make MB instant and reset CD] More Shadow Orbs = More Devouring Plague = More DPS
    Warlocks: Multi-dotting = More resources = more time using Chaos Bolt/Haunt/Metamorphosis(More Imps also due to UVLS+Doom)
    Mages: Only ones that don't have a Multi-dot niche, yet still do better than Hunters.

But 1 thing, 1 thing these all share in common is: DOTS SCALE WITH HASTE. They have a reason at some point to go "Oh, I can reach XXXX amount of haste, better get it for more dot ticks" if they so want(and they should, apart from Demo/Destro IIRC).

Hunters need a niche for SV if Blizzard wants SV to be the Multi-dot spec.
    My vision of how SV is that its dots should hit hard and its fine that it won't scale with haste but it should scale with something, take Assasination for example thier posion dmg is sick, and the value of Mastery is very high, why can't SV scale as good as Assasination Rogue? or they could do something with our Auto-shot - make it proc LnL that would make SV's haste value higher or something with our Crit, but our secondaries scale with absolutly Nothing thats how lame hunters are nowdays and its a proof that blizzard haven't done any work on hunter during mop..

the bottom line - as long as i'm doing similar damage to a Mage/Lock/Rogue even if they are middle ill consider Hunters as balanced but the way its being the past years is Mage/Rogue are top and Lock sometimes.. and i'm sorry i don't find this coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    People should post their displeasure with this change if it's true. If Deterrence is such a problem in PvP, then nerf Deterrence in PvP. Hunters need defensive cooldowns and utility in PvE.

Deleted
    I can't log to the PTR atm, but "wtf?" moment in above link is not removing Det from CD reduction list, but replacing it with FD. So, atm, we have FD & Camo soaking 2 out of 6 slots which is... well... really impressive fail...

Yeah, it's quite sad. It would almost seem as if they need to balance Deterrence separately as with Stampede, as due to GC's last comment on the matter (that being Deterrence's new "charges" model), it seems their main worry is buffing hunters defensively in PvP (or, I guess, buffing hunters in PvP "at all"). Deterrence was certainly not too strong in PvE, and the camouflage glyph is far, far from an acceptable compensation, if you can even call it that at all.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    That's what I've been saying for weeks...

That's really something we need to raise everywhere.
    They've nerfed our unique defensive cooldown...

That's just ridiculous!
    We really need to do something...

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone copy the thread (posted on EU forum) on the US forum?

We need to make some noise about deterrence otherwise we'll end up with this nerfed version...
    Last edited by mmoc57a288f188; 2013-08-08 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as SV have no interaction with the dots that are thrown out, it still wouldn't be nearly as powerfull as any other multidotting class. The reason Boomkins, locks and Spriests are as strong as they are, is because of the fact that for each target they roll dots on, they have higher proc chances of their "nuke" skills, such as Starsurge or Mind Blast.
    As SV is limited by a 10 second ICD on Lock and Load, even unbinding BA from its cooldown wouldn't do anything to help us, really.

I already proposed a way to make the spec far more interactive for multi-dotting purposes earlier in this (or was it a different?) thread:

Give Viper Venom a .5 second ICD.
    Make it give 6 focus per proc instead of 3, and make it proc every 6 seconds instead of every 3.
    This way, if you multi-dot a large group of mobs through Serpent spread, you still only get the old, boring "3 focus every 3 seconds"-average from viper venom.
    However, if you dot up 5-6 adds seperately, suddenly you're starting to get 6 focus a second.
    Suddenly, the playstyle turns into one where the only thing you do is throw out instants - no more Cobra shots. The regen you would otherwise get from Cobra is gained from the Viper Venom procs, and you are relying on them to be able to keep throwing out damage. If there's only one target, it's exactly as it is now - the more secondary targets you can keep SS rolling on, the less you have to care about cobra shot, basicly.
    OR (and this has the added benefit of being far simpler for the player) remove the ICD from LnL, remove the cooldown from Black Arrow AND (this is key) make explosive shot actually explode and hit more than one thing. That wayb next to NOTHING about the play style changes, you don't have to make the convoluted decisions between SS and individual ss, and you still get cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    OR (and this has the added benefit of being far simpler for the player) remove the ICD from LnL, remove the cooldown from Black Arrow AND (this is key) make explosive shot actually explode and hit more than one thing. That wayb next to NOTHING about the play style changes, you don't have to make the convoluted decisions between SS and individual ss, and you still get cleave.
    And it'd be wickedly overpowered to boot.