Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    So because you have mates that would give up on an achievement so easily, it shouldn't be put in? Come on man. 100 wins is really nothing. And the season will probably be 8 to 10 months, possibly more who knows. Even a very casual player could do 10 wins per week (which is the arena cap!) and still get the mount before the end of season. Which is why it should be raised.
    And PVP is a different animal than generic PVE raid bosses, so if you aren't that good at unbalanced little groups, it can lead to frustration. Though, I've seen strats to make it easy, which is what a lot of achievement hunters like... cheats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Pvp mounts are not always available to pveer.
    Sure they are. Put in the time, collect your reward.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2013-07-10 at 05:25 PM.

@ItachiZaku - nah, I meant that gladiator mount is available only within certain period of time. Up to now (garrosh ahead of the curve mount) there was no time limit on obtaining pve mounts.

Well let me get this straight... If you already do RBGs and arena you get a brand new spanking mount. I am assuming this is a small percentage of people doing these. If you do BGs you get nothing... Which I am assuming is where most pvp takes place. So how does giving established pvprs more crap increase the pool of pvpers overall? I cant figure it out... I guess I need to be using blizzard logic.

Deleted
    Enough with this rbg crap, until they actually fix Rbg, they should give more incentives to arena players, spec 3v3.
    Achiv should only be 100 3v3 wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Well let me get this straight... If you already do RBGs and arena you get a brand new spanking mount. I am assuming this is a small percentage of people doing these. If you do BGs you get nothing... Which I am assuming is where most pvp takes place. So how does giving established pvprs more crap increase the pool of pvpers overall? I cant figure it out... I guess I need to be using blizzard logic.
    My guess on this would be they are hoping everyone who does BGs will try to slowly move to arenas and RBGs, you know try them out and see if they like them. As it is now, regular BGs aren't even PvPing. You que for a random BG, you get in with a bunch of people who don't want to listen to tactics and fly all over the place, then when we are losing they complain about how we always lose and you always get the one person who calls people noobs, scrubs and what not.

I recently started doing RBGs and to coordinate with people and use vent to do so makes the PvPing feel so much more worth it. You know, actually having a plan, tactics. The feel of pulling off a win from a last moment call.

Also, you don't need the mount do you? It doesn't go faster then the other mounts, it doesn't give any special damage or healing buffs. There are hundreds of other graphics to carry you around, else try to do arenas and RBGs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cory Stockton @mumper
    @Wilhelm116 Like most things on the PTR, it's a work in progress. As of today, It's now 40 rbg wins OR 100 3v3 arena wins, not both.

Will most likely be changed considering Holinka is the actual PVP dev and he's said multiple times now it's /and/.

If it's just 100 3v3 wins it better be 1750 or 2k+ or else this mount has absolutely no meaning to it. People QQing about this have never played arenas at any decent level and thus don't realize how stupid it is to place it on just 100 wins there. Buff it to 1,000+ and it's fair.

Just because a few idiots can't learn how to PvP doesn't mean these need to be absolutely faceroll to get.

Random battlegrounds don't need any incentives or rewards. They have enough.

Way too much crying in here that this will be too easy to get. That is entirely the point. There is currently no incentive for the average player to even step into a 3v3 arena and these mounts are (I assume) intended to draw in new blood. Do you really want to turn away potential new pvpers by demanding it be a prestige item? Especially with the upcoming personal rating system, if nothing else these players are going to pad the ladder and open up some glad spots. High-end play already has title, mount, and tabard rewards available; be content with those. Not everything has to be exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Way too much crying in here that this will be too easy to get. That is entirely the point. There is currently no incentive for the average player to even step into a 3v3 arena and these mounts are (I assume) intended to draw in new blood. Do you really want to turn away potential new pvpers by demanding it be a prestige item? Especially with the upcoming personal rating system, if nothing else these players are going to pad the ladder and open up some glad spots. High-end play already has title, mount, and tabard rewards available; be content with those. Not everything has to be exclusive.
    There's a difference between elusive, accessible and a handout.
    Game needs less hand outs and more accessible rewards.

100 3v3 wins is absolutely nothing; I'd consider that on it's own a hand out but with a secondary objective beside it that's either a decent time sink or a mid-tier rating...it'd be a carrot on a stick for people to actually get decent at the game and/or do a bit of everything.

Anything that slowly urges people to improve themselves is a good thing. This does nothing for that.

Edit: I'd also like to add the people they'd probably draw in with this will play the 100 games and then never do it again.
    That's the sort of people this "nerf" will be benefiting. The ladder /may/ be buffed but unless they give out a hand-out like this every patch it'll do nothing but benefit the laziest of the playerbase in the long run.
    Last edited by Schwert; 2013-07-11 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Cory Stockton @mumper
    @Wilhelm116 Like most things on the PTR, it's a work in progress. As of today, It's now 40 rbg wins OR 100 3v3 arena wins, not both.
    OMG I wish they could agree on something and get the information out to us straight. It's so frustrating.

Holinka was being semi-nasty to a lot of the people who were complaining about it being "and" on his twitter. I wonder if they actually will change it to show they're "listening to their audience".

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Cory Stockton @mumper
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    This....so much....this. There are hardcore pvpers who don't even like arenas or RBGs because of various reasons (balancing, exploiting, design, etc), so saying that people NEED to do both is absurd to me. Requiring the average player (who most likely doesn't pvp at all) to have to not only participate in but WIN 100 3v3 arenas and 40 RBGs would have the opposite effect IMO. 100 3v3 WINS is not as easy as people think, especially if you're a casual pvper and/or are just starting to PvP. This kind of thing opens the flood gates to ease people into PvP and at the same time give them an incentive to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    There's a difference between elusive, accessible and a handout.
    Game needs less hand outs and more accessible rewards.

100 3v3 wins is absolutely nothing; I'd consider that on it's own a hand out but with a secondary objective beside it that's either a decent time sink or a mid-tier rating...it'd be a carrot on a stick for people to actually get decent at the game and/or do a bit of everything.

Anything that slowly urges people to improve themselves is a good thing. This does nothing for that.

Edit: I'd also like to add the people they'd probably draw in with this will play the 100 games and then never do it again.
    That's the sort of people this "nerf" will be benefiting. The ladder /may/ be buffed but unless they give out a hand-out like this every patch it'll do nothing but benefit the laziest of the playerbase in the long run.
    You may find this achievement laughable or a 'hand out' but to an entry level pvper, 100 arena wins can seem like more of a goal than a hand out. The idea is to get non-pvp players into arena, preferably for an amount of time that will let them reasonably consider whether or not arena/rated pvp is for them. As was previously stated, you can aim for gladiator or other mount/title achievements, don't cry because a pvp-oriented achievement was implemented into the game and wasn't designed specifically for you. You don't see end game PvE raiders complaining that there are 5man/scenario achievements.

Slightly off topic: I wish more people would understand and embrace the idea of getting a greater amount of players interested in PvP. The greater amount of people doing pvp will result in a great amount of attention from blizz towards pvp. So stop getting mad at all the noobs entering your caveat of the game and try to let other people enjoy it. Everyone will benefit.

new mount that looks great /plenty of people going for it

people pug bgs in oqueue

this isn't hard to obtain...

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    You may find this achievement laughable or a 'hand out' but to an entry level pvper, 100 arena wins can seem like more of a goal than a hand out. The idea is to get non-pvp players into arena, preferably for an amount of time that will let them reasonably consider whether or not arena/rated pvp is for them. As was previously stated, you can aim for gladiator or other mount/title achievements, don't cry because a pvp-oriented achievement was implemented into the game and wasn't designed specifically for you. You don't see end game PvE raiders complaining that there are 5man/scenario achievements.

Slightly off topic: I wish more people would understand and embrace the idea of getting a greater amount of players interested in PvP. The greater amount of people doing pvp will result in a great amount of attention from blizz towards pvp. So stop getting mad at all the noobs entering your caveat of the game and try to let other people enjoy it. Everyone will benefit.
    Then give them a pet for just 100 3v3 wins or something instead of a mount; Which are supposed to be prestige rewards.

And there are HM raiders whining about 5 mans because they give epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    @ItachiZaku - nah, I meant that gladiator mount is available only within certain period of time. Up to now (garrosh ahead of the curve mount) there was no time limit on obtaining pve mounts.
    Oh, right. These are 100% drops, that'll drop to 1% when the new expac comes out, still there for all.

Random: Took 2 hours to do 3 RBGs last night, we were 0-3. Listening to the raid leader on vent filling spots.... "just grab any priest.... shaman is ilevel 488 but 12 lifetime kills? what? No. Get the DK! Oh, he's blood, fuck him, kick him. Wait, he just changed specs.... shit...."

Was my first time trying RBGs, I think I'm going to have no problem getting the mount, it'll just take a little bit of time. The LFA that's coming in will make the 3s irrelevant.

Deleted
    So much crying in this thread.
    It's a good thing that they finally give some real incent to get people into RBGs.
    If you want the reward, be ready to put some effort into it. 40 Rbgs over a reason is not much at all tbh. Anyone who really wants the reward can get it, even someone who never went into pvp before.

I know they don't balance or care about 2v2 but I would love an award for that.

Has this been confirmed?that it will require 100 3v3 arena wins OR 40 RBG wins instead of both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Has this been confirmed?that it will require 100 3v3 arena wins OR 40 RBG wins instead of both?
    Via Twitter, Holinka stated it was AND on July 9th and hasn't updated his page with anything else about it since that I can find. Cory Stockton said on July 10th that "as of today" it was OR.

I'm pretty sure they've both used the whole "it's PTR it could still change" line, though.

Perhaps the mount for winning 40 RBGs will be seen as a stepping stone to the 75 win mount? Might encourage people to keep playing after the 40wins, who knows. I'd say they need to do more like this, no matter how trivial the achievements seem to PVPers. Would have imagined it would be more rational to give out a pet first, then a tabard and finally a mount (for 40, 65, 100 wins each season maybe) but if this helps PVErs realise there's a lot more to the game outside of raids than just doing dailies and AFKing through LFR, I can't complain.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com