Poll: Which class offers the highest pve burst?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Highest PvE burst class?

Heya MMO

I was wondering which class offers the highest burst (in PvE).

Doing a poll for it, would be great if you wrote your reasons for your choice of class (And spec, since i cant make a big enough poll for every spec in game)

For just raw burst, I'd say probably Fire Mages. Can't think of another class that even really comes all that close.

Depends on the time frame but fire mages and enhance shaman are up there.

Both Shaman DPS specs (Enhancement even more than Ele) and Ret Pally are very bursty per design.

boomkin and rogue

assassination also has a lot of burst

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've experienced, all the ones that play with fire. Fire Mages, Ele Shamans, and Destro Locks.

I voted Shaman. Elemental has some really serious burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    elem shamans obviously. Fire mages burst overrated. Only if stars smile to them and they make 70-80% crit with base 30-35%.

On the pull simmed:

Death Knight: 512k (UH)
    Druid: 655k (Balance)
    Hunter: 657k (BM)
    Mage: 962k (Fire)
    Monk: 304k (1h)
    Paladin: 554k
    Priest: 622k
    Rogue: 710k (Sub -> Mut is 681k)
    Shaman: 918k (Enh -> Ele "only" hits 653k)
    Warlock: 736k (Aff, although I imagine UVLS Demo would be higher)
    Warrior: 455k (1h Fury)

That's the peak they hit.

For AoE burst: Demo locks. Nothing comes close.

Enhancement Shamans are pretty easily top single target burst. That's literally what they do, so it would be a bit odd if they weren't exceptional at it.

Depends on time frame.

Deleted
    Suprised by that Sim, Tyrant. Cant say I play with the best mages but we have atleast fully normal-geared and my alt retri at ~495ilvl still goes up to 350-400k dps on skada.

And that is with a 504ilvl wep, rep trink, lfr feather and not a single set-bonus.

And that burst is kinda similar to our firemage with ~515ilvl

Edit; Main is monk with 525ilvl and not suprised to see the 300k xD But I think it should be calced diffrently for monks. We dont have the same opener as every1 else. You should rather look at the dps we do after we got our 10stack TEB and trinketprocc. Cuz I imagine that we atleast reach the 600k mark with those.
    Last edited by mmoc3172abfeb3; 2013-07-08 at 08:42 AM.

I'd heard it was Balance druids, that's an interesting sim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    Suprised by that Sim, Tyrant. Cant say I play with the best mages but we have atleast fully normal-geared and my alt retri at ~495ilvl still goes up to 350-400k dps on skada.

And that is with a 504ilvl wep, rep trink, lfr feather and not a single set-bonus.

Edit; Main is monk with 525ilvl and not suprised to see the 300k xD But I think it should be calced diffrently for monks. We dont have the same opener as every1 else. You should rather look at the dps we do after we got our 10stack TEB and trinketprocc. Cuz I imagine that we atleast reach the 600k mark with those.
    Fire mages scale better because of the way their spec works. A fire mage at 540 will do an enormous amount more than a fire mage at 515, because the 540 mage will have alot more crit. It all depends on their luck as well.

Yeah Enh than Ele than everyone else.

Enh is just hilarious how burst heavy that spec is.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Highest burst i had on my enh shaman was 1m157k dps (lasted for 10sec and declined after) with ilvl 530 ish and bad juju hc tf (2/2)+rep trinket+2 dancing steels+pot+banner+stormlash+hero up on a pul (fire ele popped 1.5sec pre pull, pot +wolves 0.2sec before, unleash+flameshock running in, EM+ascendance after the first stormstrike). My glyphed fire ele alone managed to do 11.5m dmg in its uptime. Note that this was with a regular hc and a tf normal weapon (both double upped). That pull wasn't the only 1m+ start i had with valor+bad juju hc tf (2/2) and i was producing 900k-1.1m starts on pretty much all the lei shen pulls with that gear and hero.

That burst was during a lei shen hc progress pull when we still used hero on pull rather then saving it for p3, right now, without hero, ilvl 548 with 2 hc tf (2/2) weapons and with a hc rentaki (2/2) my pull- burst is 600k-900k on lei shen hc (proc/crit dependant), because the agi isn't frontloaded as it was with the valor trinket and we obviously dont hero on pull anymore. Resulting in the fire ele only doing like 7-8m on pull rather then 10m+. But rentaki gives higher average dps, no point reverting back (even tho i'd love to get a similar pull in with my current gear, would be fun to see 1.3m ish dps on pull).
    The only way i see a firemage surpass that is with the spellstolen buff from an add and cleaving said add, but ye enh right now is in a stage where the all out burst on the pull can reach ridiculous numbers, the dps drops down for 1.5min, then a moderate burst with EM, to go mental 1.5min after that when all cds align again.

Show me a 1.3m (with current gear the 1m157k had easyly been a 1.3m with double frontloaded procs)+ single target, non gimmick pull of a non enh, and i stand corrected.
    Last edited by Sengiratolom; 2013-07-08 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shaman im playing with.. is insane..
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

If you get the right Procs Frost 2h can burst pretty well.

Enhance shamans though are terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post

You won't see the high burst on skada or recount, record it on WoL and you'll see it.

Deleted
    well, ofc. But it is the same with retri. They are prolly in the top3 in melee when it comes to scaling from a wep. My 504wep is nothing against a 549wep and hc feather brings alot to retri too. Since we can put our execution sentence on the last str-tick on that trinket. I do get how mages can burst alot tho. 4x+ pyros with 3k extra mastery. Requires the gods help tho, while retri just need a trinket-procc.

Edit; just took my monk to the dummy and stacked up my TEB and waited for a trinket procc. Reset skada when it procced and for ~20sec after that I was steady on over 400k popped up to ~700k on the first cw-rsk-bok-bok combo. Gotta remember that every attack a monk does with trinket-procced TEB active does tons of dmg. Just chiwave ticks do ~200k. Rsks up to 800k dmg on the dummy.
    Last edited by mmoc3172abfeb3; 2013-07-08 at 12:07 PM.