Page 1 of 153
... LastLast
    Deleted

Steam Summer Sale Discussion, Starts 11th July

The Steam Summer sale is confirmed for 11th July

Here are the tips we came up with last sale to help you and your wallet a little!

• Don't buy anything unless it's a daily or flash deal until the last day, because things are often discounted even further on the daily deals.
    • You can buy a game as a gift and send it to your inventory and use it as gifts to give to people or to trade in the future.
    • Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. So you can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an email alert.
    • If a game has a multipack, they are often in the sale too, meaning if you can gather some friends (or trade your extra copies), it works out even cheaper.

Add your tips or tell us what you're hoping to pick up!

If you're just looking for deals without any discussion, you can use the Summer Sale Megathread, otherwise lets talk about the steam summer sale and the games available during

Also you can use this thread for steam trading.

To check out a list of games on regular sale check out http://steamdb.info/sales/ - sorted by highest discount with some games at 80-90% off. You'll still need to check steam regular for the daily and flash sales though.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-07-11 at 09:54 PM.

I'm hoping they'll have the lego complete pack that was on GMG's sale. I missed it there and am kicking myself. $30 is a lot better than $110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My body (and wallet) is ready. I havent bought anything on steam for almost 2 months just waiting for a right moment to start unholy orgy of gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hoping the price for Arma 3/Beta goes back down some. My friend is interested in playing it, but cash is kinda tight. Myself I'm just looking to hopefully get some interesting early access titles or just any games that go on sale by such a large amount that you basically can't lose by getting them.

I am gonna spend way too much this summer

The only thing I really want is the Star Wars franchise bundle. Bought a lot at the GMG sale already and I'm nearly broke now
    Maybe if AC3 goes low enough or has a good deal on a GOTY bundle I'll buy that one too. Doubt that will happen though.

Wonder what they will do this year as coal. People have been speculating the Mystery Trading Cards have something to do with the sale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The only thing I really want is the Star Wars franchise bundle. Bought a lot at the GMG sale already and I'm nearly broke now
    Maybe if AC3 goes low enough or has a good deal on a GOTY bundle I'll buy that one too. Doubt that will happen though.

Wonder what they will do this year as coal. People have been speculating the Mystery Trading Cards have something to do with the sale.
    I'd love to see the coal/award/achievement system back, but last sale they didn't do anything special at all

I'd love to see a package deal for all the skyrim DLC

Deleted
    Been a couple of forgettable years for gaming. Steamsales always same crap lately so not expecting much.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomcats View Post
    That's what the legendary edition is. It has been 50% on all the other summer sales, so I expect Steam to match if not beat it by going to 66% on a flash sale from voting.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I wonder if Dark Soul will go on sale, in that case I would also have to buy a controller though >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    If base Skyrim goes, say, 75% off, I'll probably get it, maybe. I have only watched my friends play it, and I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. I think it went that low last year, but I didn't have a job then. I suppose the game is a lot better with the DLC's though.

Deleted
    Please lord Gaben! Answer our prayers!

http://i.imgur.com/QkF24uf.png?1

10+ Year Old Account
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I still haven't finished playing everything from last years sale! I'm not ready for this!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I still haven't finished playing everything from last years sale! I'm not ready for this!
    I know that feeling /over half my steam games are unplayed/ but... so.. many.. good..games

You forgot to prepend the first post with the obligatory image:

Deleted

this is how I will end up

Can't wait for the sale. I've got 18 games / DLC on my wishlist:

• Reus
    • Monaco
    • Rogue Legacy
    • Saints Row 4 (won't be out yet, though...)
    • System Shock 2
    • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    • Crysis 1 + 2
    • Dishonored DLC
    • Skyrim DLC
    • Antichamber
    • Tomb Raider 1 (the old, PS1 game)
    • Bleed
    • FF7

I've probably got more I want, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Thankfully, I've been saving my TF2 keys and other tradable goods. I am ready this time!

Also, visit this thread for any potential Steam trading!

Deleted
    Back to rice and noodles it is then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If base Skyrim goes, say, 75% off, I'll probably get it, maybe. I have only watched my friends play it, and I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. I think it went that low last year, but I didn't have a job then. I suppose the game is a lot better with the DLC's though.
    Pendulous, if it does you will get it! I demand you do and no take backs.
    Hey everyone