Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Am I the only one who dislikes the people in LFR rather than the actual concept, poorly executed as it is? I mean, I do it as an absolute last resort for fragments, and I can't imagine what a mess it would be with just people it's meant for (ie people 480-502 who don't actually raid) but it's here to stay.

If you take the originally stated aims of making content accessible and apply that back, then it would probably have been one of the "super-elite" raids like Sunwell that would have had the treatment, though just imagining the mess 25 random people could make of most of those mechanics is more my reasoning for that one

All the 25-player raids

But if I have to pick one ... ICC
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Original Nax 40man purely so I can get C ashbringer ;D

With flex mode coming out blizzard COULD do something with old raids. You could make it so those raids scale to level 90 (or what ever level players you have in there as long as its the same level OR above the level it was intended for originally) and the loot it drops will be scaled to a certain level. Could be do-able but does require work.

Nax - 40 was the only raid I did a couple of bosses on before my old Vanilla guild died. I did the rest when it was current in Vanilla so no issues other than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Damn. All these jaded people. Sorry OP.
    Yet you can bet most of the people bashing LFR run it in one capacity or another.

As for me, I'd go with Ulduar as I never ran it when it was current.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Yet you can bet most of the people bashing LFR run it in one capacity or another.

As for me, I'd go with Ulduar as I never ran it when it was current.
    I'd rather unsubscribe, or even give real money to blizzard to avoid LFR.

I am hoping that they will redo all the raids and give them scaling properties so they would always be somewhat relevant difficulty wise in a LFR setting, but if I had to choose only one I would say Black Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    None, it sucks any enjoyment out of real raiding.

Let the raiders raid.
    No, it doesn't suck the fun out of real raiding.

Is it fun to LFR raid with a bunch of strangers, most of which are terrible? Hellll no. But my enjoyment of raiding is not diminished by the existence of LFR. Just because there is an aspect of the game not targeted at you doesn't mean it ruins the parts of the game that are what you enjoy.

I have guildmates who have their 608 cloak already who do LFR weekly just for valor capping, which I think is pure insanity. But that's how they enjoy getting valor, so I am glad the feature exists.

Oh look, more people whining about LFR like idiots despite the fact that they don't have to do it if they don't like it. What a surprise. Anyway, I'd like to have the Lich King raid for LFR. The Lich King is easily my favorite lore character, and it's always annoyed me that only raiders got to experience fighting him.

None. LFR is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have liked to see TK / SSC / BT / SWP as LFR because I was playing back in BC, but the only content I got to see was Kara / Zul'Aman / Gruul / Mag.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR Rhyolith. Let the hilarity ensue.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    None.

I think it's funny that people mention AQ40 or Black Temple. It was tedious to gear out 25-40 people in full nature/shadow resistance gear let alone expect a PuG raid run to have 25-40 people in full resistance gear.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    Hahahah! Oh this made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    np it'd be lfr, he'd just walk into the volcanoes by himself or if he did go into the lava he'd aoe the raid for non lethal damage.

You will find the majority of the MMO champ community with say none because the little kiddies who love LFR more than likely don't even know about MMO champ. The MMO Champ community tends to be the the more skilled players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    You will find the majority of the MMO champ community with say none because the little kiddies who love LFR more than likely don't even know about MMO champ. The MMO Champ community tends to be the the more skilled players.
    I see a million posts about DW tanking on the DK forums...
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Can't say I like LFR that much, I mean sure it's great that everyone can follow the lore sections of the raid aka beating the big bads of each expansion and technically 'finishing' the game but where you can afk through it there isn't really much feeling that you actually really did anything, it's more like watching a movie than playing a game.

Flexi-raids on the other hand are what LFR should have been tbh, and in that vein I would have loved a Flexi-Karazhan, it was probably the best raid of its time in terms of lore and fight mechanics, lots to do and a wide range of different encounters, also working your way all the way to the top came with a sense of accomplishment that you don't really find anymore.

Although in terms of space Kara is probably a bit too cramped for a 25m raid.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-07-12 at 07:27 PM.

They should just keep cycling DS, HoF, MSV, ToES and ToT over and over and just make the boses drop 5.4 LFR gear version.
    I wonder if people will even notice.
    Because I'm sure people who run LFR don't have the cognitive faculties to figure out where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    Really? So given what you've seen of current LFR levels of player skill, you'd love to see that adapted into 40 people doing, one of, if not the hardest raids in history dumbed down?
    Most hardcore players with the level of skill and practice they have now would completely trounce Naxx40 into the ground.

As is many of the old raids weren't even about skill, it was about having a guild focused in the singular on providing enough resistance gear to clear the hurdles you faced. It was a speedbump specifically created to retard the speed at which content could be surmounted.

Let's say they scaled up the shadow damage that the Sha of Pride will do and then introduced all these recipes for gear that would drop from every boss prior, then you had to build all of these items - many of the products being BoP. So you have to HAVE your tanks taking BS/Leatherworking and possibly your healers and DPS as well. You need to try and funnel them all mats - many of which would be only available through trash farming - and then after all that you'll finally have a chance at the fight.

Yeah, that wasn't fun in vanilla or BC and I'm glad they got rid of it.

Naxx was not hard in terms of mechanics, most of the fights weren't. The game actually functions as a much higher level platformer now than it ever has before. All LFR does is cut out some of those mechanics and gear checks.

Anyway, I'd love for BWL to be available. I just kind of like that place.

But I also which that LFR had a "thumbs up/down" review after the raid. Where you could thumb up people you enjoyed playing with and down the people you did not. Not as a friends list but as a matchmaking set, so if both of you were on and qued up for LFR it would attempt to put you in the same group.

Then again I've found going into an LFR with an almost full group works wonders too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Because I'm sure people who run LFR don't have the cognitive faculties to figure out where they're at.
    I lol'd + qft