Thread: bad gm attitude

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny.

A GM can't wait 30 minutes to let you finish a raid, but they'll spend hours talking to you while you are going through names for them to free up.

It was a name. We've all seen much worse and 30 minutes is nothing.

Am I saying that you didn't deserve to be banned? No. You violated the rules and you must be held accountable.
    However, I do think it's rude what he did, but then again, it was rude of you to ask for 30 minutes.

My view: GM was being a jerk, but was still doing the right thing.

Deleted
    Not Answering the question was the rude part.

10+ Year Old Account
    GM's are always very very busy. They don't have time to wait for someone who was dumb enough to use a name that is against the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    A GM can't wait 30 minutes to let you finish a raid, but they'll spend hours talking to you while you are going through names for them to free up.
    They aren't the same gms that deal with bans and the likes. Tickets are split into types and then sent to different gms. Some investigate claims, some chat with players, some deal with bans, some talk to you for 30mins.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They aren't the same gms that deal with bans and the likes. Tickets are split into types and then sent to different gms. Some investigate claims, some chat with players, some deal with bans, some talk to you for 30mins.
    I figured as much, just wasn't entirely sure.

But I don't think you can deny that it was pretty rude to not even answer the guy's question (which would've taken a second).

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I figured as much, just wasn't entirely sure.

But I don't think you can deny that it was pretty rude to not even answer the guy's question (which would've taken a second).
    It would appear from the first post the GM did answer the question but the OP did not have time to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    so a few short minutes ago i was happily raiding doing attempts on heroic Ji Kun when a gm contacted me that i had a inappropriate name on the account i asked him which character it was and in respone all i got was 'a e-mail was sent your your registed e-mail address this account is being banned and a name change is required'

so i answer him asking if i could have 30mins untill he kicked me since we were still in the middle of a raid, all i got bak was a paragraph of repose which i couldnt read in time because i was kicked straight away.

does anyone find this unfair mid raid i get kicked and banned?
    You wouldn't get banned.

So he kicks you offline, rename your character, continue raid.

Would take like 1 minute?

OP you were an idiot choosing that name and no, a GM shouldn't work around your schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It would appear from the first post the GM did answer the question but the OP did not have time to read it.
    Yeah, he said he couldn't read it in time, which would be the same as not replying. That is if what the OP said was true.

The paragraph he got was probably just that generic paragraph that GMs always post right before they click that ban button.

The GM could've said No and gave him a second to warn his raid.

But to be honest, I don't buy any of this. This just seems like that classic complaint from players who break the rule saying "GMs are too trigger happy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Blizzard's never named anything "Frostitute" or done anything with a hunter named "Mike Hunt."
    Well, Chambermaid Pillaclencher would disagree with you.
    Look! Words!

so a few short minutes ago i was happily raiding doing attempts on heroic Ji Kun when a gm contacted me that i had a inappropriate name on the account i asked him which character it was and in respone all i got was 'a e-mail was sent your your registed e-mail address this account is being banned and a name change is required'

so i answer him asking if i could have 30mins untill he kicked me since we were still in the middle of a raid, all i got bak was a paragraph of repose which i couldnt read in time because i was kicked straight away.

does anyone find this unfair mid raid i get kicked and banned?
    I believe many "GM" tasks are fairly automated. It's possible a real person didn't even read your response, because it was a computer banning you and not an actual person talking to you. Most actual GM conversations begin with some version of "[character name] are you free to talk?"

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    I believe many "GM" tasks are fairly automated. It's possible a real person didn't even read your response, because it was a computer banning you and not an actual person talking to you. Most actual GM conversations begin with some version of "[character name] are you free to talk?"
    Not really. One memorable GM started the conversation with this weird RP thing that started with *POOF!* and something about a gnome bowing to you. It seriously depends on the GM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i came to get peoples opinions not sympathy
    OK... it's my opinion that you were dealt with appropriately. The End.

This is kinda why I want a Reputation system in World of Warcraft like the one coming out for Xbox one.

Don't get me wrong, Microsoft is shady as all hell but they had one good idea and that is it. Yes I know I can ignore people, Yes I know i can just leave a LFR if someone is terrible or being jerkish. I know I can report offensive names, but what is the REAL punishment for this kinda crap?

With a rep system (god you could even make it a Reputation you could GRIND out, by being....a good player? give some sort of cosmetic rewards) and it would group you together with other like minded players.

I know there would be trolls in every LFR you go to and they would affect your rating system but guess what, you could do the same right back to them. Eventually the result would be the trolls, terribads, and downright assholes get put into LFRs and groups and RBGs with eachother and eventually the better players get put into stuff just for them. I kinda like the idea of that system but I know it would never come to be. Too many forum posts would fly up against it from the trolls and jerks who want people to troll and be jerks to.

Lol when you play on Moon Guard you learn to ignore inappropriate names.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ban means it wasn't your first or your second encounter with the penalty volcano. So it wasn't as if you hadn't been made aware of the various disciplinary features in WoW. 99.9999% sure of course you know exactly what the problem name was and that it was highly offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    He gets paid to do a job, just as everyone else. You have to look at it realistically. I understand you are upset but he was following the rules just as you do at your own place of employment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then