Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll def be rocking the Amp trinket for Arc next tier. Now that it is a static amp of 14%(still not bad at all) with an int proc it seems too good to pass up.
    If the mastery/cleave trinket wasn't so bleh on the cleave chance/designed for AoE/Trash I would consider it but it looks like the second trinkets going to be the static haste + stacking int proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I'll def be rocking the Amp trinket for Arc next tier. Now that it is a static amp of 14%(still not bad at all) with an int proc it seems too good to pass up.
    If the mastery/cleave trinket wasn't so bleh on the cleave chance/designed for AoE/Trash I would consider it but it looks like the second trinkets going to be the static haste + stacking int proc.

I agree 100%.

Deleted
    but it looks like the second trinkets going to be the static haste + stacking int proc.
    Considering you can stack it in 2 casts as Arcane (Missiles) it's BiS by a long shot. Having ~17 seconds of a fully stacked trinket is a bit dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    And you didn't feel that it was bad when you got a RPPM proc just before Invocation ran out.. I mean sure I guess it's annoying, but it also depends on your luck, there might be fight that you might never overlap them, and there are fights you might get 2-3 times.. looking at refresh of 110 seconds for the trinket and 62 for invocation, cutting down early by 0-15 seconds before a proc, means you will overlap again the next time it procs. If you cut it down more than 15 seconds you will overlap again 2 procs from it. If you let it proc and cast invoc when proc is active or just after, you will not get overlapping in the next 2-3 procs at least.
    As Craig use to say: "IIIIII knoooooow", but I´d rather refresh @ 115% with 0 procs, than at 100% with 12k int proc + more. Essence of Terror was no problem with the 60s evocation, because it was a haste proc, but such a powerfull int proc is just an annoyance. Hope they change ICD or they get rid of the 90s talents!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Considering you can stack it in 2 casts as Arcane (Missiles) it's BiS by a long shot. Having ~17 seconds of a fully stacked trinket is a bit dumb.
    Confirmed that every missile of the five per AM counts for a stack?
    If so then yeah, not even a choice of what two trinkets I'll be using.

If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.

Deleted
    Confirmed that every missile of the five per AM counts for a stack?
    If so then yeah, not even a choice of what two trinkets I'll be using.
    It also works the same way for boomkins starfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    It also works the same way for boomkins starfall.
    Wow, looks like that and the amp trinket are going to be highly contested trinkets then.

Wow, looks like that and the amp trinket are going to be highly contested trinkets then.
    Fortunately blizzard has been better about trinkets in recent years versus prior years where there would generally be one trinket that EVERYONE wanted (I'm looking at you, Reign of the Dead) - now they give us 3 or 4 viable options, where maybe 1 is clearly the best, but the next 2 are still really really good in case RNG screws you. The days of one trinket boosting your dps by a full 15% where others would boost it by 3-5% seem to be over fortunately.

Overall I'm okay with the amp trinket nerf and how it is situated presently. The types of numbers that people were getting in testing were just not realistically making it to live, the trinket as it stands seems like it will be BiS, just not BiS by a factor of a zillion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102299-pr...rison-of-pride , the healer version for amplification.
    He can proc from our symbiosis ( healing touch) and from the frosbolt heal on our pet. With a " icd trinkets" of 109 sec , 1 don't know if it worth the lost of damage gcd to proc it every 109 sec.
    Remember that the passive is the copy of our amplification trinket .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrelune View Post
    I tested http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102299-pr...rison-of-pride , the healer version for amplification.
    He can proc from our symbiosis ( healing touch) and from the frosbolt heal on our pet. With a " icd trinkets" of 109 sec , 1 don't know if it worth the lost of damage gcd to proc it every 109 sec.
    Remember that the passive is the copy of our amplification trinket .
    What about the evocation heal or the constant effect while inside RoP?
    If either of those work AND the passive effect stacks with the caster amp trinket, I can see using both of those as a viable option.
    However if it is true it's only a matter of time before blizz changes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The passive stacks with the caster amp trinket. The evocation heal doesn't seems to work. Did'nt try the rop yet. I wanted to try the heal of Temporal shield too. In Soo We can barely effectively use it every 25 sec and the hot may improves the chance to proc the PPP ( prismatic Prison of Pride). But it is worth trading some immediate damage for a chance to proc an int buff?

If Rop works this trinket will be bis for arcane mastery mage for sure. But since it doesn't seem to work with Invocation heal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrelune View Post
    The passive stacks with the caster amp trinket. The evocation heal doesn't seems to work. Did'nt try the rop yet. I wanted to try the heal of Temporal shield too. In Soo We can barely effectively use it every 25 sec and the hot may improves the chance to proc the PPP ( prismatic Prison of Pride). But it is worth trading some immediate damage for a chance to proc an int buff?

If Rop works this trinket will be bis for arcane mastery mage for sure. But since it doesn't seem to work with Invocation heal...
    Stacking Intellect trinket is BiS for Arcane, even over Amp, so no it won't be BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    With AM stacking it very fast? I get it, but is this intended?
    If so, I hope that Icicles will stack it fast too. I havn' t check yet.
    Last edited by Sombrelune; 2013-07-26 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    No icicles doesn`t stack it, outside of Frozen Orb (burst) stacking it takes some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a shame T_T. We can considere this a bug, no?

Why icicles shouldn't stack the darkspear trinkets? It's not treated like a dot so it must stack it.

Of course this is a very minor issue.

Deleted
    A minor issue but a huge difference. I could do the math for it, but it is way to hot in germany at the moment But stacking this trinket is everything. Slow casting classes should not concider this one as BiS nor as powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some testing with Alpha and Omega (stacking int), seems like everything gets you stacks. Temporal Shield adds a stack, so you can easily gain a free stack off the GCD, as do Time Warp, Counterspell, PoM, consuming a Mana Gem, and Alter. So for fire your AT macro grants 3 stacks (4 if you macro in Mana Gem), but if you don't need to interrupt anything or use TS soon, you can "steal" a couple more stacks easy. And if you lust at the start, let a shaman cast it (assuming it's cast immediately on pull) so you can cast Time Warp when it procs for a free stack.

And if you really wanna scumbag you can spec Cold Snap and use that, since it also grants a stack. Also, each charge used of Ice Floes grants a stack, so if you took that and know you'll need to move in the next 15 seconds, you can just dump all three and pick up 3 free stacks. Also seems that potions work, though obviously this doesn't help on pull. Racials don't seem to work, at least Berserking didn't.

Edit: Engineers rejoice, activating your gloves, nitro boosts, and goblin glider also each grant a stack. Lightweave does not add a stack, nor do other trinket procs.
    Last edited by Huevos; 2013-07-28 at 03:34 PM.

Blizzard obviously needs to place a unique-equipped class tag on the amp trinkets, as using a healer+caster version together is silly. Alpha and Omega is also the only trinket on realppm right now, everything else is boring non-scaling ICD. I'll definitely be gunning for A&O + Amp since it'll good for all 3 specs, but I guess every other caster will too.

Amp trinket drops from the first boss, what about A&O? I'm thinking either Norushen (name is titan-like), but it could be Garrosh too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Edit: Engineers rejoice, activating your gloves also grants a stack. Lightweave does not add a stack, nor do other trinket procs.
    Did you also try NitroBoosts and the Goblin Glider?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzik View Post
    Did you also try NitroBoosts and the Goblin Glider?
    Yes, those both work as well - added above.