Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am back to wasd. I used to change it in most games to esdf so I could free up more keys, but then I grew a brain and started buying mice with buttons on the side.

used to use ESDF pre naga epic, now wasd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I am back to wasd. I used to change it in most games to esdf so I could free up more keys, but then I grew a brain and started buying mice with buttons on the side.
    I have a razer naga but I'm not using the side buttons, they're just too small and clustered together and I can't feel each one individually, so they're useless to me.

Defaulted WASD for me plus mouse.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    I have a razer naga but I'm not using the side buttons, they're just too small and clustered together and I can't feel each one individually, so they're useless to me.
    Same, I just use them for repetitive actions like enchanting, prospecting, fishing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fast question for those using keys to move...

How do you use your hotkeys while moving like q 1 2 3 4 e etc etc? Is it not hard to use keys to move and use all yoru hot keys or are you clicking abilities?

use the little rubber sticker things they give you in the package on every other button, it becomes a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post

How do you use your hotkeys while moving like q 1 2 3 4 e etc etc? Is it not hard to use keys to move and use all yoru hot keys or are you clicking abilities?
    It might take a little practice, but you can hit a lot of keys while moving. I use 1-5,A,D,F,R,X,V, and modifiers for most of my binds. All of those keys are pretty easy to hit while pressing W or even while strafing with Q or E.

E - forward
    D - back
    S and mouse 4 - strafe left
    F and mouse 5 - strafe right

turn left and right still on the arrow keys, for the very few times when I need them

- - - Updated - - -

Arrows to move, numpad for abilities together with the ins-home-pgup-del-end-pgdwn cluster, enter, backspace, right shift, right control. Mouse to turn ofcourse.
    Left handed?

Arrows to move, numpad for abilities together with the ins-home-pgup-del-end-pgdwn cluster, enter, backspace, right shift, right control. Mouse to turn ofcourse.
    Pretty much what I have always used + extra mouse buttons. I'm left handed.

10+ Year Old Account
    A - strafe left
    S - move forward
    D - strafe right

Got my primary abilities on QWE2 usually.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post

I simply hold off on one movement key OR I jump and press the ability. It also helps I'm moving with ASD with S being my "move forward" key, which makes it really easy to hold off on a movement key.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I use my Mouse for all Movement, hold both down for move forward, middle press for auto run, and 3 side buttons for Strafe.
    gotta try this thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    gotta try this thanks
    This is exactly how I move and with a prot war I just dont see any other way .. 33 keybinds constantly being ued on everyfight = no way to press to move and hit key binds >.< was why I was curious how people use abilities and press keys to move ...

What do you do with your other hand and why not use mouse to move is where my thinking is stuck >.<

ESDF, only strafing no turning.

Moving my movement keys one to the right allows more keybinds without having to use modifier keys. Won't ever go back to WASD
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Q = Strafe left
    R = Strafe right
    S = Backpeddle (only use this on my tank. Hunters don't backpeddle )
    Scrollwheel push down = toggle Auto Run

Mouse turning and mouse positioning all the way. I've played like this since I started 2 two years ago. I could never get my self comfortable with WASD or ESDF on my old macbook pro and these binds seemed to work for some reason. Freakish, I know.

W Strafe Left
    E Strafe right
    mouse 3 Forward

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still use WSAD, but I change A and D to Strafe left and right respectively. People that use the keyboard to actually turn make me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    W- forward
    a- strafe left
    d - strafe right
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Q Strafe left
    W Forward
    E Strfe right
    Å Autorun

EDSF when I don't use my mouse. Like when I'm mounted and not doing anything important.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.