Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I totally agree. And on top of that we are paying a sub fee. We bought the original game, we bought the xpacs, we pay the fee and now we have to pay for the goodlooking mounts and gear items. Its getting to be ridiculous.
    I must have missed when they removed the old good looking gear and mounts.

And why the hell are people ignoring the PVP sets? They look awesome this tier.

You might as well complain that Blizzard is unfairly forcing you into PvP because "the new PvP season sets look too good"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-13 at 10:15 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am utterly disgusted by Blizzard for doing this. They already charge us for being able to play this game, to get it developed and then they even charge you for something you already have payed for.. Besides, I believe that if you are going P2P you should not charge people even more. The whole idea of P2P is that you have access to everything, not needing to pay for shit. Blizzard needs to make up their fucking minds.

I'm seriously contemplating of just canceling my subscription altogether. I'm not willing to pay anymore if you are required to pay more for ingame items and services. Having to pay for mounts and pets is one thing, but adding the transmog gear to it is just a slap in the face. On top of that, you also pay for character transfers etc which are free in other games. I'm not willing to support a company that does not know when enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm more pissed they still have transmog restrictions even though they add this. "Here you go, you can transmog with all amor types, but only if you pay for it."
    This I could understand. I felt the same with the sparkle pony back in the day, since it was the first mount available to all your characters if you bought it. I ended up getting Tyrael's mount though, and they eventually removed the limit and gave it to all characters.

I can't say they'll remove the limit for all gear, but it's possible they might remove the armor type requirement for helms in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Collectors Editions
    Blizzcon
    TCG
    Annual Pass

All predated the shop, all (with exception of annual pass) required paying a premium to obtain special in-game content. Some have even sold/bought the content on ebay for hundreds of dollars, yet very few people actually complain about this. As soon as Blizzard makes this non-exclusive and direct, it's considered selling out. I just don't get it.
    Few things wrong with your post.

First, AFAIK, Blizzcon actually ends up being a loss of money for Blizzard (heard this, but not 100% sure). But even without that point, Blizzcon is an experience similar to a Comic Book Con or other some-such geek-fest where people can go to just have a fun time; it's not *just* about the game.

Secondly, Annual Pass was just a bonus, really, for being subscribed all year long. Myself, for example: I don't buy anything from Pet Store (just don't see the point, but not passing judgment on those that do), yet I "bought" the Annual Pass because I figured I'd be playing the whole year *anyway*, and a sneak peek at MoP Beta was nice to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I am utterly disgusted by Blizzard for doing this. They already charge us for being able to play this game, to get it developed and then they even charge you for something you already have payed for.. Besides, I believe that if you are going P2P you should not charge people even more. The whole idea of P2P is that you have access to everything, not needing to pay for shit. Blizzard needs to make up their fucking minds.

I'm seriously contemplating of just canceling my subscription altogether. I'm not willing to pay anymore if you are required to pay more for ingame items and services. Having to pay for mounts and pets is one thing, but adding the transmog gear to it is just a slap in the face. On top of that, you also pay for character transfers etc which are free in other games. I'm not willing to support a company that does not know when enough is enough.
    Unless you bought every other mount and pet that came before this, I don't see why you're even complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am utterly disgusted by Blizzard for doing this. They already charge us for being able to play this game, to get it developed and then they even charge you for something you already have payed for..
    That's what they do with expansion packs. They soak in a ton of your money, invest a HUGE amount of time, art assets, and developer work in it, and then create a situation where you HAVE to buy it in order to play with your friends or do new content.

Besides, I believe that if you are going P2P you should not charge people even more. The whole idea of P2P is that you have access to everything, not needing to pay for shit. Blizzard needs to make up their fucking minds.

I'm seriously contemplating of just canceling my subscription altogether. I'm not willing to pay anymore if you are required to pay more for ingame items and services.
    Well then thank the good god none of them are necessary to any facet of the game, right?

Having to pay for mounts and pets is one thing, but adding the transmog gear to it is just a slap in the face.
    And why is that? Why is this the tipping point? They're less apparent than mounts. You can't use them in pet battles like pets.

On top of that, you also pay for character transfers etc which are free in other games.
    You didn't use to be able to transfer characters at ALL
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-13 at 10:20 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Few things wrong with your post.

First, AFAIK, Blizzcon actually ends up being a loss of money for Blizzard (heard this, but not 100% sure). But even without that point, Blizzcon is an experience similar to a Comic Book Con or other some-such geek-fest where people can go to just have a fun time; it's not *just* about the game.

Secondly, Annual Pass was just a bonus, really, for being subscribed all year long. Myself, for example: I don't buy anything from Pet Store (just don't see the point, but not passing judgment on those that do), yet I "bought" the Annual Pass because I figured I'd be playing the whole year *anyway*, and a sneak peek at MoP Beta was nice to experience.
    There's still a point that 'Blizzard devs spent resources to create exclusive content that you have to pay to get'. Whether they actually make money out of it or not is irrelevant, since no one is complaining that Blizzard is making money, they're complaining you have to pay for the extra content. Secondly, the Annual Pass was dedicated to keeping people subbed during the 'deadzone', the ~1yr wait before the next expansion when most people unsub. While the stuff you got was a bonus, the monthly payment wasn't exactly going towards new, meaningful content until the 5.0 patch.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-07-13 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's still a point that 'Blizzard devs spent resources to create exclusive content that you have to pay to get'. Whether they actually make money out of it or not is irrelevant, since no one is complaining that Blizzard is making money, they're complaining you have to pay for the extra content.
    Which was true of the TCG as well. Art assets, from pets to mounts to vanity items, all hidden behind real money fees.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you bought every other mount and pet that came before this, I don't see why you're even complaining.
    Because the game is basicly about gear, and if they start saving their best designs for the store instead of tier which they are doing now that's totally unacceptable in a subscription based game. The fire helmet for example would've made an excelent tier helmet, but instead we get the very same bland stuff again. Compare this design to tier 16, ridiculous difference in quality. But yeah Of course the payed stuff looks better, they will save their best work for the store from now on, you ok with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?
    That was 1 of the first questions as well that ran through my mind.

Tinfoil head thinking: is this the reason why T16 for most classes look crap/out of place/dull?

It's easy to think "well its just cosmetics" But with other games (like Neverwinter for recent example) i found it very unrewarding when the game gives you just dull armor, but the cool looking stuff is $$$. i was always glad WoW wasnt that way
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    That was 1 of the first questions as well that ran through my mind.

Tinfoil head thinking: is this the reason why T16 for most classes look crap/out of place/dull?

It's easy to think "well its just cosmetics" But with other games (like Neverwinter for recent example) i found it very unrewarding when the game gives you just dull armor, but the cool looking stuff is $$$. i was always glad WoW wasnt that way
    Wasnt being the operative word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Because the game is basicly about gear, and if they start saving their best designs for the store instead of tier which they are doing now that's totally unacceptable in a subscription based game. The fire helmet for example would've made an excelent tier helmet, but instead we get the very same bland stuff again. Of course we do, they will save their best work for the store from now on, you ok with that?
    Slippery slope fallacy for the... umpteenth... time in this thread.

You think these armor sets look bad?

Death Knight

And then the priest set, with its wings and halo looks... godly...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Personally I'm against this as it'll just man all the decent art is saved for the store and the average designs for player weapons and armour will be worse than usual in order to get more to buy from the store. However simple solution as this falls flat on its face if not enough people buy, don't buy and they'll be forced to stop. Also as for the argument on well these items don't give any real advantage go examine pets once a vanity item now a mini game but they still create new pets for store so clearly they don't mind selling items which do effect the game. Lastly look at the competition how many games have come out with dlc booster item packs now, trust me sooner or later they will sell gear with stats, betting they'll start with heirloom items just to test the waters.

When i glanced over the front page this morning, i just knew there'd be a lot of complaining over this but here are my thoughts:

1, They looks terrible in my opinion (Yes art taste is subjective but still).
    2, Theries literally hundreds of better looking helms in game. A lot of which are easy to obtain from old raids that any class can solo now.
    3, It's cosmetic.
    3.5, They've stayed true to their word and its 100% completely optional. You don't need any of these items in order to be good at the game and they don't offer any player advantage.

As always, i think it's a shame they don't offer an in-game way to also obtain these items. That said, if they did, we'd probably get a hundred topics on why its so unfair someone grinded for it, while joe average bought it on the store. As soon as they start offering pay to win items (like with stats or bonuses), i'll be first in line to bitch. We aren't there yet though.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

So you are okay with cosmetic items like pets and mounts, but cosmetic gear is where you draw the line? You are going to unsub because you would have to pay money for fire horns or a ice mask, things that have no bearing on how you play the game.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what's worse. Blizzard devoting resources to cheat us out of money, or those people who are actually condoning this move and treat you like your opinion is invalid.

Seriously, how can you not understand that this is a path to more and more services/items becoming payed, while the whole concept of P2P means that you can obtain anything ingame. There is NO valid reason what so ever to require additional payments for items/services. You can say all you want (it does not affect gameplay omgstfu) but it does. The second they release something that actually grabs your attention, something you would like to obtain, but can't because you have to pay for it DOES affect your gameplay.

This should in no way be accepted imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So you are okay with cosmetic items like pets and mounts, but cosmetic gear is where you draw the line? You are going to unsub because you would have to pay money for fire horns or a ice mask, things that have no bearing on how you play the game.
    Seriously, stop being so acceptive of this shit. I already stated that I don't like pay content in a game you already pay for. It's just getting too much for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well then thank the good god none of them are necessary to any facet of the game, right?
    This being a game, almost nothing is necessary. Not even playing the game. So there is no thanking any god for the necessity of transmogrifiable gear. The point is, this gear could, and should for some players, be in the game as standard content. The kind of content players get by paying to purchase the game and subscription time. The one and only thing close to a necessity in a game, is for the player to have fun. Some players wish they could acquire these items in the game and have fun transmogrifying their gear with them. Now, whether for financial or ethical reasons, they can't.

You didn't use to be able to transfer characters at ALL
    So because we couldn't tranfer characters at all in the past, we should be thankful and hand over extortionate amounts of money now? What kind of logic is that? Character services cost next-to-nothing to Blizzard, and if they were as appreciative and ethical leaders of the industry as they claim to be, then most, if not all, such services, should be free, perhaps with a cooldown on their use.

Deleted
    Well.. I wouldn't mind some items being in the pet store, but if they're gonna make all/most cosmetic items from now only avaible from pet store... it's gonna be very bad indeed.

Also the effort they put into pet store items is far superior to those we can get in-game.

I saw someone linking the difference between the max pets achievement vs. the moonkin pet.. and wow... it shows.. I bet you they are gonna do the exact same thing with xmog items, the pet store items are gonna be new cool looking and the in-game ones are gonna be recycled old junk.

earthan out

Deleted
    Seriously, stop being so acceptive of this shit. I already stated that I don't like pay content in a game you already pay for. It's just getting too much for fucks sake.
    You've been able to do that for years, I don't see why it's any different now.

Deleted
    Slippery slope fallacy for the... umpteenth... time in this thread.

You think these armor sets look bad?

Death Knight

And then the priest set, with its wings and halo looks... godly...
    Yeah how amazing, 4-5 out of 22 sets, must be awesome!