Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, what turned D3 into P2W?

And well, you don't seem to follow the news either. So can't seem to find a right answer without giving you a shock of what's happening.

Have fun with your free loot at Rift though.
    cant tell if serious about d3 p2w

Free loot at rift? highest endgame gear needs to be earned, not bought. It apparently seems that you aren't following the news, rather than me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    This definitely needed it's own thread yeah..
    Well, what about the ten threads being made per hour on different forum websites including mmo-c of people throwing a fit? This is a good point, although the OP is kind of hoping for a few of those things, rather than being rational.

Obviously he can't say FOR SURE if Blizzard will ever sell tier sets, etc, for cash, but one would hope.

I am sure Blizzard knows that they would make an ASSLOAD of money though, if they did.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You know what else is purely cosmetic? New character models. Funny, people seem to care about those. Let just throw them on the blizz store too, and all mounts! We can ride on chekered cubes.. since it's cosmetic. Hell, why even have beautiful raids? lets just make everything in 8-bit.. just cosmetic.

Time spent on these items could have made something else look pretty, like say anything from vanilla that we are forced to look at.. like old faction mounts
    You are taking something wrong here. The raids are enviroments of the game, it's a cosmetic, yes. But it's a major game content cosmetic. Not like the new helmets which doesn't fit anything nor the content. They were made for people to buy if they wanted it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    If Blizzard's goal as a business is to make money (hey, pst, it is) then why would they create specific vanity items that are not top notch and highly desirable? I understand the frustration and worry that a game we like to play so much might have items for sale that could give an edge in game or that may have a better aesthetic quality. But I think it is a sign of the times and too soon to start jumping to conclusions.

Uh, that was a little unnecessary.
    Because this brings a whole host of worrisome behavior from Blizzard and the art devs. Why make a fantastic tier set anymore, when they can make a mogg set and sell it for an inflated price? It's honestly cash mongering at this point, especially considering the overwhelming amount of money they make from subscriptions, account services (which are mostly automated at this point) and the current vanity items in place. I did theorize when the sparkle pony first made an appearance it would only be a matter of time until we got unique vanity gear from the cash shop. This being confirmed and the rumors of an ingame shop being tested in China means one of three things:

1) They are gearing up to go F2P (Very unlikely, bad business decision, added because still plausible.)
    2) They are attempting to squeeze every penny out of their fan's wallets. (Good business model, shady ethics, bad business behavior)
    3) They are looking to expand the availability of vanity items from sinking thousands of hours of time into a small dollar sink. (White knight ethics, catering to the minority that don't have time to acquire mogg gear)

All in all, the backlash is pretty apparent. I hope it will remain fiction that they will eventually release things like JP/VP or Honor/conquest buffs as well as bonus exp buffs for cash AND still maintain a subscription. Alas, that would be the next logical step after making vanity mogg items in both the business and marketing standpoint. Ethics is pretty sketchy, as usual. This -is- Acti-Blizzard we are talking about.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE FACT THAT THEY EXPENDED ENERGY ON SOMETHING THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE IS WHAT MATTERS, IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE OTHER MODELS ARE DOING FINEe

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! ! ! !! !

They spent energy on PvP crap. I hate PvP crap!!! It should be removed from the game. If they remove PvP, I would get new raids every month!! ! !! !

They spent energy on Pet battles RAWR !!! I hate pet battles, if they would have removed Pet battles I would get new PvP battlegrounds every month !!

RAWR !! They spent energy on Brawlers Guild I hate Brawlers guild!! If they wouldn't have spent energy on Brawlers guild I would get new Pet battles every month!!!!

Wait...What do you mean they have different teams working on different things at the same time ? That's UNPOSSIBLE!!! ! AAAAHHHHHH!!!

Time spent on these items could have made something else look pretty, like say anything from vanilla that we are forced to look at.. like old faction mounts
    Time was spent to make THESE pretty. And I fully agree 100% with that decision. Any other opinions you would like to force on everybody else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    cant tell if serious about d3 p2w

Free loot at rift? highest endgame gear needs to be earned, not bought. It apparently seems that you aren't following the news, rather than me.
    Last time I logged on Rift - I recieved multiple items of random crap just for logging in - That's free loot.

And no, I was serious about D3. Haven't you completed it? I'm serious, P2W? All I see is B2P, haven't used a single buck after. Unless you mean the Real Money Auction House? (RMAH) - that is also optional and you can complete the game without.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end this is price discrimination. something that doesn't exist in big competitive markets.

Just wait, all this crap will go out the window when someone else comes along and makes something better.

Kinda like paying for the mobile auction house... notice how it became free when rift came out?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The most important thing to realize is that Blizzard will NEVER make Tier Sets or any current content gear available for cash; they are not stupid enough to do that and you can mark my words that it'll never happen.
    I think they should do this except where it would normally say "Heroic" or "Raid Finder" it should say "Trololo" and be 20ilvl below Raid Finder gear. I would be really curious as to who would actually buy that kind of gear...
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2013-07-14 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! ! ! !! !

They spent energy on PvP crap. I hate PvP crap!!! It should be removed from the game. If they remove PvP, I would get new raids every month!! ! !! !

They spent energy on Pet battles RAWR !!! I hate pet battles, if they would have removed Pet battles I would get new PvP battlegrounds every month !!

RAWR !! They spent energy on Brawlers Guild I hate Brawlers guild!! If they wouldn't have spent energy on Brawlers guild I would get new Pet battles every month!!!!

Wait...What do you mean they have different teams working on different things at the same time ? That's UNPOSSIBLE!!! ! AAAAHHHHHH!!!
    In this whole thread of frustrations and rage, this made me smile quite.

Deleted
    Get less for same money, yet people are happy with it because its "business". Go on sheeps!

Last time I logged on Rift - I recieved multiple items of random crap just for logging in - That's free loot.

And no, I was serious about D3. Haven't you completed it? I'm serious, P2W? All I see is B2P, haven't used a single buck after. Unless you mean the Real Money Auction House? (RMAH) - that is also optional and you can complete the game without.
    A P2w shop is always optional like anything else it still dose not change the fact its a P2W setup.

Also yes rift dose give a daily item but its nothing special and sure as hell isn't going to help you raid. Sorry but Rift's system is the most perfect system we have gotten for a F2p MMO. Yes you can buy gear in Rift but its Heroic Dungeon and last tier gear and is made as a catch up setup for those who have quit for months or are leveling a alt.

Now I am not calling wow's cash shop "if they do it" a P2w setup but yes D3 was P2W/Run the AH because grinding gear was outright points less due to shit stats and drop chance.

Ontopic: As I said early'er I still find this to be a shit form of double dipping and I find it funny the people who hate f2p shops are welcoming this and just because someone dose not buy from the shop dose not mean blizzard isn't trying to double dip.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end this is price discrimination. something that doesn't exist in big competitive markets.

Just wait, all this crap will go out the window when someone else comes along and makes something better.

Kinda like paying for the mobile auction house... notice how it became free when rift came out?
    Never payed for it, so don't know.

"Price discrimination occurs when a business charges a different price to different groups of consumers for the same good or service, for reasons not associated with costs.

It is important to stress that charging different prices for similar goods is not pure price discrimination. Product differentiation – gives a supplier greater control over price and the potential to charge consumers a premium price because of actual or perceived differences in the quality or performance of a good or service."

Don't see where the discriminating part is. You pay a monthly fee for your game, and you play it. The item store has different prices and content which in the end isn't related to the current content you are enjoying.

But, this term excists in alot of the world markets. VIP, Express Consumer, Premium Customer, Extra Access, Grade customer and such - Though, don't take it heavily, it's not a term I've heard before - where I come from, it's just called being cared for differently.

You get a daily gift for logging in, and they are mostly artifacts, that isnt "gear"

You're telling me the d3 isnt pay to win? The itemization in that game is SO horrible that it was designed around both the AH's, mainly the RMAH so blizzard can squeeze out as much money as possible, blizzard themselves have admitted that the AH's were a bad idea.

Lets be honest, having a Subscription on top of having Micro-transactions in a game is redundant in a bad way, similar to how the practice of Day One DLC harms the game.

People aren't mad that items exist in the Pet Store, they're mad that more items are starting to appear in the Pet Store and its bringing to light the games Micro-transactions where before it was just a thing here and there, Pets and Mounts but now they're expanding and its not a good thing. Sure you could say "Well, if It was available in-game in some way and on the Pet Store, then I'd be okay!" Well, no you wouldn't be okay because then, you're dipping in the P2W category and no, P2W doesn't need to be character boosting, just needs to be able to get something that you otherwise would of needed to work for.

Day One DLC is something I mentioned above, it takes a real piece of work to do such an underhanded thing, making something to release along side the game that was completely and absolutely ready that could have just been included in the game to begin with but isn't cause you want an extra 5$ for it ON RELEASE DAY, you srs bro? Srs?

This is what Micro-Transaction + Subscription Fee feels like to me, as the Blizzard Store continues to now grow, you'll begin to see just how this game will adapt the F2P model while keeping its subscription, it won't be P2W but it will be disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never payed for it, so don't know.

"Price discrimination occurs when a business charges a different price to different groups of consumers for the same good or service, for reasons not associated with costs.

It is important to stress that charging different prices for similar goods is not pure price discrimination. Product differentiation – gives a supplier greater control over price and the potential to charge consumers a premium price because of actual or perceived differences in the quality or performance of a good or service."

Don't see where the discriminating part is. You pay a monthly fee for your game, and you play it. The item store has different prices and content which in the end isn't related to the current content you are enjoying.

But, this term excists in alot of the world markets. VIP, Express Consumer, Premium Customer, Extra Access, Grade customer and such - Though, don't take it heavily, it's not a term I've heard before - where I come from, it's just called being cared for differently.
    let me put it another way for you.. pretend you are going to see a movie.. and the best seats to see the movie cost more, than the crappy seats. you all see the movie, but the person willing to pay more gets a better seat.

The reason movie theaters don't do this, and broadway does. is because there is far more competition for regular movie theaters. The reason wow can spend time making these instead o quality content, is because there isn't another MMO out there than can offer a better P2P experience.

Edit : my point is, there is two ways to voice displeasure with a company.. telling them, or taking your money elsewhere.. as it stands Wow is my favorite mmo out there, and along with all these other people, we cannot just leave and go someplace else, so we will try to make wow change... Kinda like how people didn't like the x box one... they all went to PS4 or voiced their displeasure

- - - Updated - - -

You get a daily gift for logging in, and they are mostly artifacts, that isnt "gear"

You're telling me the d3 isnt pay to win? The itemization in that game is SO horrible that it was designed around both the AH's, mainly the RMAH so blizzard can squeeze out as much money as possible, blizzard themselves have admitted that the AH's were a bad idea.
    Yeah, D3 became pay to win the moment PvP was released.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-07-14 at 12:41 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A P2w shop is always optional like anything else it still dose not change the fact its a P2W setup.

Also yes rift dose give a daily item but its nothing special and sure as hell isn't going to help you raid. Sorry but Rift's system is the most perfect system we have gotten for a F2p MMO. Yes you can buy gear in Rift but its Heroic Dungeon and last tier gear and is made as a catch up setup for those who have quit for months or are leveling a alt.

Now I am not calling wow's cash shop "if they do it" a P2w setup but yes D3 was P2W/Run the AH because grinding gear was outright points less due to shit stats and drop chance.

Ontopic: As I said early'er I still find this to be a shit form of double dipping and I find it funny the people who hate f2p shops are welcoming this and just because someone dose not buy from the shop dose not mean blizzard isn't trying to double dip.
    You may see it as double dip. But it's only a double if people buy something, else it's only a attempt. But overview, you can't see much wrong with a store that potentially could just sit and gather dust because people don't want it. It's the whole thing, don't wish to point at people, but I have a feeling that many who complained about this - has a mount/pet from the store already.

Yes, I have a dire hate to F2P stores, because they can disassemble your hopes and charge everything single (Seen in other F2P MMO's). But as Blizzard's store only seems to be selling stuff people may want, but don't actually need to buy - then I can't see a problem.

This thread is so frustrating. We have people not caring, we have people caring too much about the store being there, we have people cheering too much about the store. This all feeds each other, we can still imagine that the big mean Blizzard (as some have started to see it) would attempt to sell useable equipment. But for now, nothing is secure - So why yell that it's burning if there fire hasn't even started? You got to agree on that point.

Off-topic: Okay, didn't know that about D3 had a P2W setup - I knew about the Actuin House, but didn't take it as P2W due to well, WoW has an Auction House too. I completed the game on my own, so I didn't take much care. And the gear I didn't need, I gave away to random people.

And true, for F2P, Rift has had the best jump. Normally the golden rule is, start B2P or F2P and stay there - don't go from P2P to F2P. It's killed games before or heavily cribbled them (SWTOR). Though, if I would say for Blizzard, B2P and not lower. Else we lose artist support, community support and the likes.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I completed the game on max difficulty without the RMAH or AH

Deleted
    ^ this is sarcasm for people who don't know

But yes you are right. the 15 bucks pays for patches, maybe 5 of that goes to server uptime.
    By "5" you mean "5%", right?

So I guess "as long as a company is profitting, there is no foul play."

Hurray for sweat shops! Legal AND lucrative!

How long have people been trying to make something better? Since WoW came out. Hasn't happened. Won't happen. Unless they release something else, in which they will be offering the same things. Go home with that argument.