Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I can't really figure out how they figured out it was Annie.

New anime episode spoilers?
    They found out Marco was dead around episode 13, right after Eren sealed the hole in the wall with the boulder. How would Armin be able to figure out she killed the two experiment titans AND that she was the female titan? Me and my girlfriend watched the scene over about three times and are still a little confused. I'm probably missing an important detail.

I wont read the Manga until the anime ends and I find out what the likely future of it is going to be. I still read the manga for a few ongoing series and it has completely ruined the anime for me. I find things far more exciting when I watch anime (as well as feel more enthralled and immersed), I'm not quite sure why.
    It all slots into place and makes perfect sense.

Yeah episode 23 was pretty nuts at the end, bitch is crazy! Man I don't want to wait another week for the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I can't really figure out how they figured out it was Annie.

New anime episode spoilers?
    They found out Marco was dead around episode 13, right after Eren sealed the hole in the wall with the boulder. How would Armin be able to figure out she killed the two experiment titans AND that she was the female titan? Me and my girlfriend watched the scene over about three times and are still a little confused. I'm probably missing an important detail.

I wont read the Manga until the anime ends and I find out what the likely future of it is going to be. I still read the manga for a few ongoing series and it has completely ruined the anime for me. I find things far more exciting when I watch anime (as well as feel more enthralled and immersed), I'm not quite sure why.
    I think it might be because she was one of the few new recruits who saw Eren come out of the titan, and did not join the recon corps, plus she was using a dead guy's 3DMG

10+ Year Old Account
    Four episodes in and I can already tell the potato girl is the best character.

Deleted
    So many manga spoilers in this thread... Guys, make your own thread, I only want to watch the anime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    So many manga spoilers in this thread... Guys, make your own thread, I only want to watch the anime.
    If you do not want spoilers stop clicking the spoilers tag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    If you do not want spoilers stop clicking the spoilers tag.
    No, don't you dare expect people to apply common sense, we have to spoon feed them.

Just found out about this show three days ago, and I finished watching all current episodes last night. I don't watch a ton of Anime, mostly the big name ones like DBZ and Naruto, but I have to say this one is great. I like that it is grounded a bit more in reality as opposed to the likes of DBZ, though Mikasa and Levi, while badass, do seem to deviate from this realistic approach and boarder on superhuman.

From what I understand the season is going to end at episode 25, and new ones won't out for a while until the manga gets much farther ahead. Is this true?

What are the chances of some well written fillers? I don't mean the crap that usually qualifies as anime filler that seems like it was written by a twelve year old, but something comparable in quality to the main story. Even something as simple as some more character development for the support cast.

I'd be a shame to have to wait for a year to get more.

Also, does Misaka have a six pack in canon? Or is it just random drawings by the artist?
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-09-17 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Just found out about this show three days ago, and I finished watching all current episodes last night. I don't watch a ton of Anime, mostly the big name ones like DBZ and Naruto, but I have to say this one is great. I like that it is grounded a bit more in reality as opposed to the likes of DBZ, though Mikasa and Levi, while badass, do seem to deviate from this realistic approach and boarder on superhuman.

From what I understand the season is going to end at episode 25, and new ones won't out for a while until the manga gets much farther ahead. Is this true?

What are the chances of some well written fillers? I don't mean the crap that usually qualifies as anime filler that seems like it was written by a twelve year old, but something comparable in quality to the main story.

I'd be a shame to have to wait for a year to get more.

Also, does Misaka have a six pack in canon? Or is it just random drawings by the artist?
    It's true unfortunately, hopefully they keep pushing out the manga and don't have any long rest periods like naruto or bleach has, if so than the next season shouldn't take that long to come out. But yeah at least a year maybe for the next season to come out which is gonna suck cause we ALL know that it's going to end on a cliffhanger -_-. Honestly I love the show to death but the story is going just a little too slow and it feels like they are dragging things out sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    It's true unfortunately, hopefully they keep pushing out the manga and don't have any long rest periods like naruto or bleach has, if so than the next season shouldn't take that long to come out. But yeah at least a year maybe for the next season to come out which is gonna suck cause we ALL know that it's going to end on a cliffhanger -_-. Honestly I love the show to death but the story is going just a little too slow and it feels like they are dragging things out sometimes.
    I felt that it moved a bit too fast honestly. At least much faster than most of the anime I have seen. I wouldn't have minded seeing some extended battles during Trost. The first awesome team-work battle I can recall was in the forest with Levi's squad. I don't know how to hide the spoilers, so I won't give the details. I'm usually a huge fan of the support cast in these types of shows, so I'm kind of disappointed some of them have been getting so little "camera time."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    Extremely slow, we do not even have enough of the manga out for season 2 yet, unless he speeds up the release to twice a month in a year we will have no more Anime for many years.

- - - Updated - - -

I felt that it moved a bit too fast honestly. At least much faster than most of the anime I have seen. I wouldn't have minded seeing some extended battles during Trost. The first awesome team-work battle I can recall was in the forest with Levi's squad. I don't know how to hide the spoilers, so I won't give the details. I'm usually a huge fan of the support cast in these types of shows, so I'm kind of disappointed some of them have been getting so little "camera time."
    To hide spoilers it is [spoiler] text goes here [/spoiler!] Lose the ! though.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Extremely slow, we do not even have enough of the manga out for season 2 yet, unless he speeds up the release to twice a month in a year we will have no more Anime for many years.

- - - Updated - - -

To hide spoilers it is [spoiler] text goes here [/spoiler!] Lose the ! though.
    I'm just hoping it doesn't become like the Hajime No Ippo anime, which has a new season released every 3-5 years or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the chances of some well written fillers? I don't mean the crap that usually qualifies as anime filler that seems like it was written by a twelve year old, but something comparable in quality to the main story. Even something as simple as some more character development for the support cast.
    there has been filler, its just awesome filler that adds to the story instead of the normal bullshit where they go shopping or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    there has been filler, its just awesome filler that adds to the story instead of the normal bullshit where they go shopping or something.
    Right? Because Eren spending an entire fucking episode lifting a rock was good filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Right? Because Eren spending an entire fucking episode lifting a rock was good filler.
    Oh, you mean the episode where Eren fought against the Titan's mind for control of his body, while an entire company of soldiers were sacrificing themselves, defending a potential war weapon that they didn't believe in, trust or understand?

I'm not sure how the episodes' focus was on the rock. It was just the end result of the combined efforts of multiple different groups. How the rock came to be moved is the entire point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Oh, you mean the episode where Eren fought against the Titan's mind for control of his body, while an entire company of soldiers were sacrificing themselves, defending a potential war weapon that they didn't believe in, trust or understand?

I'm not sure how the episodes' focus was on the rock. It was just the end result of the combined efforts of multiple different groups. How the rock came to be moved is the entire point.
    The entire mission was focused on moving the rock.

Yes it developed some plot, but that control fight could've been done in 5 mins no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    The entire mission was focused on moving the rock.

Yes it developed some plot, but that control fight could've been done in 5 mins no problem.
    Eren grappling for control takes up roughly 6 minutes of the episode. The rest is split up between what the groups have to go through to try and maintain control of the situation. The first couple of minutes of the episode are Eren losing control and his Titan destroying itself. The point of the episode is purely about how different people react and how the leaders take control in the worst possible situation. Jean for example, who doesn't even believe in himself and finds that because he can lead, he has to lead. Mikasa following orders, despite wanting to do otherwise, even a sly peak at Annie's whereabouts gets a few moments of screentime.

As you said, the mission was focused on moving the rock, yes, the episode, was not. The follow up episode, again has about 3 minutes tops of Eren actually carrying the rock and focuses far more on what's going on around him and the outcome of it.

Due to having a thick ensemble cast, the show and the Manga both split their time across as many people as possible. There's a lot of things going on simultaneously, and the consequences of the actions each person takes resonate constantly.

This anime is amazing. Too bad it's coming to an end next week, for now anyway...I'm gonna miss it.

This latest episode was awesome, from the action/animation, to the build-up for the transformation in the end. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Loving the show, wish i could somehow forget about it though for a year or two and then watch a shit load of episodes in a row xD Hate having to wait.

Latest episode was pretty awesome, next will be even better from the looks of it.

Deleted
    Poor Annie