Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because having a family totally precludes any sort of time spent on yourself, right.
    Video games as a father seems really fucked up for me yea. It's really creepy tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Husband, thank you. And nearly 40. And because that totally means I have NO free time ever, amirite? It's not like there's ever a couple hours at the end of the evening when the kids are asleep and the work is done. The fact that you assume twice your age is 30 says pretty much all that needs to be said about you and your knowledge of anything.
    I assume having childrens is 30yo yeah, that doesnt seem far fetched sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Video games as a father seems really fucked up for me yea. It's really creepy tbh
    I'd rather be creepy than make ignorant comments about what others should be doing with their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, someone needs to explain this to me. Can you jump from full heroic 5 man gear/a few rep/crafting epics into a 10/25 raid?

I'm legitimately wondering how LFR taints normal raiders... Can't they just pretend it doesn't exist?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    That's deffinitely not 5hrs a week lol, include there pvp, world bosses, making some gold with professions, scenarios, hunt transmogri gear and other stuff etc. LFR is not the only thing to do in the game for a casual, stop acting like it is. And if you are tired of LFR just after 2 kills of the bosses, well seems to me like a personal problem.

I'm really glad some of the people here don't design games and gameplay, that would make some hilarious stuff.
    Sure WOW is big enough to provide more then 5 hours of gameplay for those who want to do everything possible here. But for me it provides not more than 5 hours of fun each week.
    Truly - 2 kills of endboss are enough for me because lfr does not provide the fun of normals which i don't have time for anymore.

I mean for me it does not matter when i get lfr - sooner or later. But sor some players it would pretty much solve the issue of "feeling mandatory to do LFR to perform best in guild raids"

I can't even fathom. I mean, it's not like I have a job, a family, and adult responsibilities, and would rather spend my game time actually having FUN instead of slaving under the whims of some wannabe dictator half my age.

Thank god for LFR. Wanna know what to change about it? Not a damn thing.
    When I raid, I like to get stuff done. If 9 or 24 people want to slack off and screw around and pick their nose, I don't have time for that, I want to raid, they can do that after we are done. A raid leader who bosses people around and guides them through what to do and doesn't put up with any crap is a raid leader whose raid group downs bosses. And if you have limited time, you want to be able to get some progression done in that time.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2013-07-15 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

I'm legitimately wondering how LFR taints normal raiders... Can't they just pretend it doesn't exist?
    LFR is actually a blessing for the legendary questline. Imagine the shitstorm in a normal/heroic guild when you're not in the final line-up for boss XY and would miss out on a chance for a runestone. That's probably the only redeeming factor about those random drops from bosses: That you're able to use all your chances no matter if you're on the bench for your main raid or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, someone needs to explain this to me. Can you jump from full heroic 5 man gear/a few rep/crafting epics into a 10/25 raid?

It doesn't. The people that come up with these threads tend to be "High End" LFR raiders that think they're too good for LFR but can't make it in normal raiding either because they lack gaming or interpersonal skills to make it in a real raid team; ergo, they require a scapegoat to justify why nobody would be willing to invite someone so odious to their raid team.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

They could, but they don't, because they can squeeze out another point or two of ilvl that way and Dear Raidleader says they have to.

But that's not even the OP's argument, OP's argument boils down to 'Waaahhh, Mommy Blizz, I don't want people who don't treat the game like a career to have nice things, even if they're NOT as nice as mine!'
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could, but they don't, because they can squeeze out another point or two of ilvl that way and Dear Raidleader says they have to.
    For the average raider outside the small bracket of progression raiders, this is actually a myth.

Deleted
    I assume fathers are still allowed to watch movies? Geez. The times when people could be "too old" for gaming were back in 90s and 80s.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is fine enough as it is, in fact it could probably use more added onto it instead.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    I assume fathers are still allowed to watch movies? Geez. The times when people could be "too old" for gaming were back in 90s and 80s.
    Meh. Even back then, my grandpa played video games until he died, well into his 70's. There are actually studies nowadays that suggest playing video games helps keep your mind sharp as you get older. But I suppose he thinks I should be doing 'adult' things with my free time like watching retards on steroids throw a ball at each other, or going out and getting totally wasted because that's what you DO if you're over 21 and can buy booze legally, right?

I kinda imagine the guy who posted that as one of those high-school kids who gigglesnorts and e-hi5's his buddies every time he says something ingame or on the forums that'd get his mouth washed out with soap IRL.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Meh. Even back then, my grandpa played video games until he died, well into his 70's. There are actually studies nowadays that suggest playing video games helps keep your mind sharp as you get older. But I suppose he thinks I should be doing 'adult' things with my free time like watching retards on steroids throw a ball at each other, or going out and getting totally wasted because that's what you DO if you're over 21 and can buy booze legally, right?

I kinda imagine the guy who posted that as one of those high-school kids who gigglesnorts and e-hi5's his buddies every time he says something ingame or on the forums that'd get his mouth washed out with soap IRL.
    Lol, you're 40 yo, you play video games, and your conception of life outside video game is utterly ridiculous and actually : childish. I think it make sense after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you're 40 yo, you play video games, and your conception of life outside video game is utterly ridiculous and actually : childish. I think it make sense after all.
    That's cute. Maybe when you graduate high school and get a little perspective on adult life you'll realize how quickly and succinctly you just dated yourself in this thread. Or maybe you won't, some people took that Toys-R-Us jingle to heart, after all.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Well maybe when you're out of your peter pan syndrom you'll realize how ridiculous you look from the outside, playing video games like a teenager and neglecting your family over it.

As for the game itself, you actually hurt it, cause you want to play video games, but you're not good at it, so you whine and destroy everything with dumbed content for mentally challenged grown up that want to play video games instead of doing real things

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe when you're out of your peter pan syndrom you'll realize how ridiculous you look from the outside, playing video games like a teenager and neglecting your family over it.
    I'm in my mid-20s and single, I've got no family to neglect. You also did a splendid job missing where Miralynn posted that most of her gaming time comes when her kid are in bed. On the same tack, however, I find it difficult to take a teen's assumption that games are only for teens seriously considering most of us in our 20s+ who've been gaming have been doing so since before your mom squeezed you out.

As for the game itself, you actually hurt it, cause you want to play video games, but you're not good at it, so you whine and destroy everything with dumbed content for mentally challenged grown up that want to play video games instead of doing real things
    I'm sorry, did you want some cheese with that merlot or did you have a point beyond some mistaken assumption that adults are all boring old people who play golf all day?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww man, guess all my friends are doing this whole 'fathering" business wrong then. Guess they need to stop playing games in their free time and spend every second with the children. All the time. Non-stop. Can't see how this would be bad for the child.

It's scary to see how kids are raised these days This is what happens when you let the tv and computer babysit them. Games should be prohibited before 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grow the hell up, people have plenty of time for both. Hell, people have plenty of time for other things to.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Why don't you start a thread about "mentally challenged grown up that want to play video games" and see how that goes.