Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    What annoys me is the ninja pullers. I used to just let them go and die to teach them. Sadly with most cata and mop hcs, they get by fine without me, on trash at least, which sucks big time.
    I hear ya. I'd always get worried they'd die or feign and dump aggro onto an innocent healer so I saved them far more than I should've.

Deleted
    You gotta be able to take some flack when you're tanking. What you experienced was just the beginning of a long run of jerks yelling and swearing at you constantly. I mained a warrior tank for 6 years through Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cata, and what I thought was the hardest part of tanking was not playing as tank, but being able to carry a pack a jerks who just wait for you to do one mistake so they can yell at you.

I was able to ignore it for those 6 years until MoP hit, now people are expecting me to be some short of Hussain Bolt shield that can pull 100 groups and clear the whole instance for them in 5 mins. That, however, is was just too stressfull for me, so I decided to quit tanking.

Being a DPS is so much more relaxing because you don't have the same kind of responsibility a tank has, so stick to that if you can't handle one idiot who acts like an ass. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it out, I'm saying that you should be prepared for those kind of things as a tank
    Last edited by mmoc0ea342aa3d; 2013-07-24 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I started a tank this week.... a Tauren pally.

I have never really been a tank in 8 years, though I did try it before but I was pretty bad, so I gave it up.

So today, I was tanking my 2nd dungeon - Deadmines - and the healer DC'd. We were at the section in the foundry..... Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow". And then he starts telling me to use the "AOE HAMMER", and get my shit together.... well, what the dumbass didn't get was that that doesn't come until level 20, and I was level 18. Still am, in fact.

So, I got pissed and told him to kiss my fat cow ass and I rage quit...... which sucked because nobody else was complaining, and I sort of screwed them, but I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk, and especially so since he doesn't even know I CAN'T cast, as he called it, the "AOE HAMMER".

I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.

I don't get the point of this rage quit? Just reply that you will use it once you get the skill in two levels. Then he would have looked like the fool to everyone.