Free Weekends/Trials?

I played my friends copy of GW2 at release and while it was moderately fun, I didn't want to commit to it at the time. I was wondering if they ever have a free weekend of anything of that sort that I could give it a try before buying it?

No, they don't. They decided to milk the game by keeping $40 price tag on it.

They don't need new players, they need new buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

There actually was a sale recently making it only 24$ so, yeah... I think it's finished though.

It's also only 40bucks no other fee which really isn't a whole lot of money. If you can't spare 40$ you may want to look into another hobby...

I've spent 140 dollars during the steam sale thus far, I just hate wasting money.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only been 2 free weekend trials since launch, one back in November and another in April.
    I'll put a post up if they offer another trial, but I can assure you it's well worth the $50 (on the official site, not sure about any sales)
    Valar morghulis

Thank you Karizee, that's the answer I was looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

Really "milk" it? For a game that have amazing lot to play for 40 dollars? Who does not have a mouthly fee? really, They have already had like 6 times where it been on sale to like 24$ . But no yeah, milking is the right word

They're looking into having another free trial in the future, but there's no date or time yet. Due to the level scaling of pvp and wvw, having like a "first 10 levels free" trial would essentially make pvp f2p. That's why I think there is no option like that as of yet.

The game has the greatest bang for the buck since the Orange Box though.