Deleted

Professions - Jewelcrafting -> Blacksmithing

Hey guys, I read the Balance guide in here and I saw that it says its not worth to change professions, but I am not sure about it. I'm thinking to change jewelcrafting to blacksmithing. I can gain 320 or what I think is better 640 crit!! What is your opinion? Someone did change and could tell me ~ costs? Sorry for my bad English though.

There is no reason to change jewelcrafting int blacksmithing.

You change the other profressions to blacksmith jewelcrafting.

All professions give you int, so the benefit from taking BS and JC is almost 1000 crit. Either go JC plus BS or just leave them

You should totally change JC to BS. Taking BS gives you 2 extra sockets for 640 crit bonus while JC only gives you 320 crit bonus.
    Mew!

You can see all the profession bonuses here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ts-of-Pandaria

Generally BSmithing and JCrafting have the most flexible passive bonuses, while Engineering and Alchemy have a lot of consumable/cooldown stuff that does various things.

Tailors got some specific enchants on cloaks and pants, and can even provide some tools like rooting nets and similar.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-07-14 at 10:24 AM.

It's not worth it. The gain is rather miniscule for the amount of effort required. 640 crit isn't that much more DPS than the 320 int you lose for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not worth it. The gain is rather miniscule for the amount of effort required. 640 crit isn't that much more DPS than the 320 int you lose for it.
    An all technicality, there isn't actually that big of a bonus in jewelcrafting, or rather: We sacrifice crit in order to be able to use our JC sockets. Generally, we do not gem for intellect, and even in red sockets, we chuck in a 80int/160 crit gem.

So in order for JCs to attain their profession bonus, they sacrifice another 320 crit ontop of that compared to gaining a 480 intellect. Now, what is more valuable? 320 intellect + 320 crit or 480 int?

With the stat weights in the balance druid guide thread:
    320*1 + 320*0.67 = 534.4
    480*1 = 480
    Theorethically, Blacksmithing would be better, if you go for int gems in your extra sockets.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-07-14 at 02:50 PM.

It's better, sure, but that's not the answer to the question.

It's not big enough of a gain to actually be worth the effort of leveling up a new profession. We're talking about a few hundred DPS tops, in a time where we do over a hundred thousand. That's laughably little.

is .5% dps worth it?

90% of players don't notice the difference between different professions

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    is .5% dps worth it?

90% of players don't notice the difference between different professions
    "90% of statistics on the Internet are made up." George Washington

On topic, I'd go for jewelcrafting AND blacksmithing, as they provide the most flexible bonuses.

Q: Are you world top 50?
    A: Highly unlikely since asking here

Q: Is your guild routinely within 0.1% of getting a kill before you wipe, despite everyone playing as well as hey possibly can?
    A: Highly unlikely.

If the answer to these questions is no, then don't bother. Maybe change next expansion if you don't like what you have, but to be honest the amount of difference it'll make just isn't worth the hassle.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    Q: Are you world top 50?
    A: Highly unlikely since asking here

Q: Is your guild routinely within 0.1% of getting a kill before you wipe, despite everyone playing as well as hey possibly can?
    A: Highly unlikely.

If the answer to these questions is no, then don't bother. Maybe change next expansion if you don't like what you have, but to be honest the amount of difference it'll make just isn't worth the hassle.
    This. I understand the desire people have to maximize their potential, but it really only matters for people that are bleeding edge. Pick something that is useful for your raid and be done with it, imo.

It doesn't even matter for them. The difference is so miniscule that it gets impossible to determine simply because of your abilities random damage ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It doesn't even matter for them. The difference is so miniscule that it gets impossible to determine simply because of your abilities random damage ranges.
    Basically this. Cap out any two professions and be done with it. If your DPS depends heavily on stacking procs at the right time (Fire Mage, Unholy DK, Ret Paladin), then take Tailoring and Engineering to min-max. If you absolutely must have the highest health pool in the land, roll a Tauren and use Leatherworking/Blacksmithing. Outside of these extreme situations, you're not going to see significant differences.

roll a Tauren
    talking about miniscule and impossible to determine. But the tauren hp bonus is even less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    talking about miniscule and impossible to determine. But the tauren hp bonus is even less important.
    Hey, you don't need to tell me, I rolled a Troll..

This expansion as farmed my Tauren tail off for the first two weeks, getting server first maxed herbalist. And then leveled Engi/Alch for some progression. And then re-leveled herb/mining in 5.2. Guess i'm just not one of those crazy min/maxers. If the increase was something totally noticable sure, but I enjoy farming on my main, makes killing random aggroed mobs nice and quick.

That and I don't think I could level another druid just to farm on.

In my opinion (if your other profession is not already) go tailoring.

Engi + tailor - best profs. (opinion, not fact.)

Deleted
    Tailoring + Enchanting, gogo.