Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    then don't visit a thread that is about people complaining about the prices.
    This thread is about discussing the price, not about people complaining about the prices. Read the title of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94
    IT IS affecting the game negatively, because those items SHOULD be won in the game and not bought in the store.
    Why should they be won in the game and not be available on the store? Why not both? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Then go buy those games on Steam. All this complaining about the helmets' prices is making me nauseous. If you don't like the price, don't buy it? I'm not sure what the deal is here.
    The deal is these cost more then the Mini pets that they have put in the store that in all honesty have more work put into them then these transmog helms do. The helms in general should be $1 if not maybe $3 for 1 not 15 or whatever it's going to be for the US market. The EU price alone is stupid as well. Yes I have most if not all of the mounts/pets from the store it was my choice to get them however I though the price was reasonable for something that I'm either always going to ride or always have out (whatever) however this is transmog gear while yes it can work on ANY toon you make that does still not justify the price of the item in their store period. Blizzard is milking this without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Yeah. Those helms sure have stopped the development of great raid content. I mean look at Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar. Both these raid instances are terrible.

/sarcasm
    You should use that sarcasm and compare them to the look of the gear that drops in those raids not the content in the entire raid.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    12€ is a bit too excessive for a helmet that has no stats on it. They don't even fit with any piece of gear lol. Mounts and pets I understand. Mounts serve a purpose and help you. Pets can be used to batlle with and gain you achievements. Helmet only looks pretty, if you have a set that goes with it. And it's even more expensive than a pet. I would understand if the helmets came with matching shoulders, chest, legs, gloves and boots.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I have a feeling that many of these cosmetic items are excess art assets from previous content that never made it to the final product. They probably figured they should at least do something with them and selling them made the best option. Personally they all look like crap to me but that's personal taste.
    i like the firehorns one, but no chance im giving blizzard more money for the game, already have to buy each expac and monthly sub fees, not paying more for items.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    You should use that sarcasm and compare them to the look of the gear that drops in those raids not the content in the entire raid.
    What? That the raid gear looks better?

I could see maybe $5, but I don't really like any of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    It cost me 1200 Funcom points to buy an entire outfit in The Secret World. That is £8.45 (or cheaper if buy your points in higher denominations). Then stick one of these £10 helms beside one of those outfits. Are you going to tell me that these helms don't at least seem a bit overpriced in comparison. Do this for basically any cosmetic gear in any other cash shop. £10 seems to be about the going rate for a pet. For a helm? No chance.
    Not to mention everyone and their mother probably will have these helmets so they wont be unique or anything and you will look like "sheep tool" for looking like everyone else with this helmet and whatever tier gear they transmog into.
    Its going to be like sparkle pony. Something "totally new" but soon they realize everyone has it and most sparkle pony owners scream "im paladin with mommys wallet u are just jelly cos u poor :- )" and you dont want to be part of that company or associated to them.

I too would've thought these were for ALL the helmets.

Premium prices for less stuff... Most games have full skins ranging from 1 dollar to 5. Some go to 10 but thats full skins not one piece.

But hey, Activision Blizzard seems to have this notion of premium prices for DLC.
    CoD map packs are 15 euros pop and they sell skins for weapons 2 euros piece ("Medieval-themed weapon skin, three uniquely-shaped reticles, and an all-new Calling Card")

Expect to see lot of this in future for sure. Next up: capes or chest. When they start doing massive shoulders as transmog gear..oh boy.

These could've easily been something that drops or gets bought in-game but eh?
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-07-17 at 03:58 PM.

Well the helm is more noticeable than a pet, and a mount you can only use outside. Would have been better if this was a clickable buff with no CD and an unlimited duration buff (that can be clicked off). Having to go to a transmog vendor, pay 20G or whatever to remodel your helm is a bit of an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    What? That the raid gear looks better?
    No im just pointing out that comparing them to the raid as a whole does not work.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    I transmog all my gear. I don't care if the raid instance dropped artwork designed by van gogh because I still wouldn't use it.

Besides, the raid gear doesn't look that bad. Granted it's nothing like vanilla/BC sets but they're still not terrible. I actually like the Monk t16 set.

it's like only .99 Eurocents cheaper than paying a 1 month subscription with a credit card, what a rip.

Deleted
    seriously overpriced.
    So unless your filth rich, insane, a gigantic fanboy, a showoff or all of the above. People won't buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that many of these cosmetic items are excess art assets from previous content that never made it to the final product.
    Maybe. Or Ideas that are too "over the top" to be implemented as regular items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    The helms in general should be $1 if not maybe $3 for 1 not 15 or whatever it's going to be for the US market.
    The helms should be priced at whatever people are willing to pay for them. $15 seems completely reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Blizzard is milking this without a doubt.
    Blizzard Entertainment is also a business. They can put a price tag on whatever they want, and for however much they want.

Speaking on a business standpoint, they're actually making a pretty smart move.

Bloody rip off imo. But each to their own.

Considering each helm would only take a day or two to make it's a very very healthy revenue stream for blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Yeah. Those helms sure have stopped the development of great raid content. I mean look at Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar. Both these raid instances are terrible.

/sarcasm
    What tier items from T15/T16 look as cool as those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    seriously overpriced.
    So unless your filth rich, insane, a gigantic fanboy, a showoff or all of the above. People won't buy it.
    You don't need to be filthy rich to buy one. This is 2013, $15 is not a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

Druid T15, Warrior T15(LFR)

Paladin T16, Warlock T16, Shaman T16

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I like the look of Monk T16. Didn't like the look of T15 so I'm using my transmog currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    You don't need to be filthy rich to buy one. This is 2013, $15 is not a lot of money.
    While I don't care about the price, saying it's 2013 so "$15 is not a lot of money" is a bit unfair given how the financial crisis pretty much ruined most of Europe/America.