Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You think the price of the item is too high? Simple solution: Don't buy it. Copy and paste this response for every other item they sell in the completely optional (and thus far solely vanity-related) item store.

Honestly, I think it's too pricey as well, but it's not worth flying into a boiling rage over. Cancelling your sub over this is just silly, and quite frankly if you are then you've likely just been teetering on the brink and looking for any excuse to anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am laughing my butt off right now reading some of the posts on WoW forums about price of these helms....when it was announced they were coming out everyone was all set and wanted them badly...now that they have come out but cost USA players $15 for each one ...these folks are going nuts complaining about the price being too high ...they can't understand this is how blizzard is going to keep off setting lost subs from now on .....

I play WoW mostly because I enjoy character customization. I'll be snatching both the fire and ice helms tonight. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    At least the helms are rather ugly, so I won't be bothering with them at all. Besides, there's no char of mine that they would "fit" look wise.

Already seen a whole lot of people with them though, a lot of DK's with the winter one.
    Like honestly, the skull on the frost helmet looks like a vanilla model. That's really the only reason why I'm unhappy about these - you know, they could of at least spent a little bit of time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Actually if I'm being frank it would make me think you're a total loser. I feel the same about people who flaunt their pet store mounts. I have a job, I have the money, but that is completely not the point. If I won the PowerBall jackpot and had $600 million I would not pay $15 for a transmog helm in a game that I bought for $40 that I pay $15 a month to play. Yes Blizzard is a business and businesses make money, but I am a customer, and there are two sides to that relationship. If Blizzard wants to retain me as a customer, they're going to have to show me some respect. If they want me to continue to appreciate their products, and the products they will offer in the future, then they have to show me they appreciate me as a customer. Lately, they are doing a very poor job of convincing me that they have any respect or appreciation for me as a loyal customer, a customer who's been giving them my $15/month plus expansions since January 2006.
    So much this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    I am laughing my butt off right now reading some of the posts on WoW forums about price of these helms....when it was announced they were coming out everyone was all set and wanted them badly...now that they have come out but cost USA players $15 for each one ...these folks are going nuts complaining about the price being too high ...they can't understand this is how blizzard is going to keep off setting lost subs from now on .....
    But F2P games have like 1-2 million players at most compared to WoW's 8 million, and they charge less for cosmetic items. Can you explain that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I play WoW mostly because I enjoy character customization. I'll be snatching both the fire and ice helms tonight. Deal with it.
    I play it because I enjoy character customization as well, but I want my sub to cover that like it used to. I don't want this to go any further.

The price never meant much to me since I hadn't intended to buy any of them anyhow - not out of spite or distress at their existence, just simply that I didn't need them and didn't feel any particular lust for them like I have for some of the mounts.

However, the broad outrage makes me want to buy some to be spiteful... and of them, the fire-horns one might at least be somewhat practical in helping me stand out from the crowds of mobs and aoe splash while tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I play it because I enjoy character customization as well, but I want my sub to cover that like it used to. I don't want this to go any further.
    Do you think the helms look good? I'll buy you them if you would like me to.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You would rather buy it from the store or obtain it in game? Because if they weren't on the store, they would be a drop or reward from somewhere - they wouldn't just disappear.

The helmets are ugly anyway, but wait until something really cool is only available only through the Blizz store. Say, some great class-specific shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I don't see why this is an issue at all. The helm has absolutely NO impact on your performance and is purely cosmetic. If the way your character looks is important to you, spending a little cash won't be a big deal. If not, you can simply ignore them.

If the helms were set at a low price point where everyone could buy them, they would essentially become the new T6 (or T2 for paladins) - EVERYONE would have it. I would have preferred each helm be around $10 USD, but $15 doesn't seem ridiculous either. These helms are meant for a niche market, not for mass consumption.
    The store mounts and pets disagree with you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats pretty expensive lol. you can almost buy two ENTIRE sets of mod-able gear in swtor for $15.

dont matter much, they will sell a shit ton of them and the trend will continue. they'll be selling full sets as well in a year, my opinion mind you.

I'll be removing people from my raid if I see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone I see with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    You would rather buy it from the store or obtain it in game?
    Buy it, don't have time. I have $ though

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    The helmets are ugly anyway, but wait until something really cool is only available only through the Blizz store. Say, some great class-specific shoulders?
    That's just opinion. I agree that the red one looks bad, the others though... ballin'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'll be removing people from my raid if I see them with these helmets. I'll also /spit on anyone I see with it.
    And then people complain that there aren't enough people to raid with anymore.

I hope your whole guild is running around with horns of fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How pathetic must you be to do this?
    I'd rather call it immature. Because this is exactly what it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    But F2P games have like 1-2 million players at most compared to WoW's 8 million, and they charge less for cosmetic items. Can you explain that?
    not to be that guy, but there are a lot of blizzard customers out there that truly believe the company can do no wrong and will eat up anything they tell them. it happens when you have 8 million people playing the game.

the same goes for any game really. while there are a lot of other f2p, b2p games out there that sell these types of things for much cheaper their client list is just a tad smaller than blizzards. they charge that $15 for a helm because they know they'll get people to buy it and most likely a large number of people will.

i personally dont like the looks of any of them, but to each their own

10+ Year Old Account
    Then the smart people in your guild and by smart I also mean the better players will likely /gquit on the spot. It's capricious and too random an act to make anyone want to stay. It would serve you right. If a raid leader in my guild were removing people because of the cosmetic items they wear, I'd remove them as well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    That people think this is acceptable just because the items are cosmetic is the real tragedy.
    You should be outraged that Blizzard thinks you're all chumps enough to pay 12 euro for one damned helmet that 2 guys could make i na few hours in a SUBSCRIPTIONBASED GAME. The most successfull subscriptionbased PC game in the western world, ever. And they have the audacity to charge 12 euro for one freaking helmet.

It's an insult. A spit in the face. It's disgusting.

Not immature at all. My raid my rules, don't like it make your own raid filled with moronic sheep. If you're dumb enough to support this stuff you will most likely be too dumb to understand mechanics.

I dont understand the hate. If you dont like the helm, dont buy it. Why look down on others who do buy it? I won't be buying it because I dont spend money on mounts/pets or anything that blizz sells in the online store. No accomplishment in having them and you look just like 4 million others...lol. That kind of defeats the purpose of mogging to me but to each their own! I dont xmog anything and i don't look like anyone else in the game!

On the flipside, if you owned a company and saw a way to make money, you would do it too, or you would be a shitty business owner.