Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Fighting in the War of the Ancients... being leader of the Sentinel army... defending Kalimdor against threats like the demons left over from the WotA...
    And then thousands of years full of calm and stagnation.

And then they get their asses kicked by bugs.

Personally I stopped caring checking the story of the game.I would say just finish it and go to the next chapter. The World of Warcraft for me ended with the Death of Arthas. All the rest Deathwing, Garrosh and the Evil Horde I simply find it as bullshit writing. The best thing is that they are getting punished for their bullshit writing by losing 4 million subscriptions in the last two expansions. You may say it's not the only reason but trust me a lot of my friends stopped playing because they didn't liked the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

And then they get their asses kicked by bugs.
    That made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    With nothing to do, you'd think they would have helped their Tauren buddies fight off the Centaur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    With nothing to do, you'd think they would have helped their Tauren buddies fight off the Centaur.
    Too busy looking down their noses at pretty much everyone who wasn't them.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    @Ghostcrawler @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen The fact that the Alliance gives the Horde Org back with no concessions or reparations suck

@greenkamrian @CM_Zarhym @DaveKosak @ChrisMetzen It's an important Jaina vs Vyrian moment. Who is to say the High King made the right call?

@Ghostcrawler Do Allies gain NOTHING from this war except tens of 1000s dead and their lands stolen? Not even in lore? Goblins keep Azshara

@kyrtfurey Lore-wise we could say that zones changed hands but wouldn't it be lame once you visited them and saw that was not the case?

So that's fucking it.

Our "great fist pump" moment we were promised is walking out of the city with no terms of peace agreed and no lands returned.

As usual the alliance were just along for the ride and gained absolutely nothing from it.

Who cares about Ashenvale getting burnt down? Gilneas ravaged? Our men turned by Valkyr into Forsaken? Our Prince having his body crushed?

Let's do the sporting thing and leave the horde to recover and hold onto everything they took.

A great end to 2 horde centric expansions
    I typically avoid these kinds of threads, but I can't help myself here.

What were people expecting? Alliance conquers Org, slaughters its inhabitants, defeats the Horde (or it splinters), and the entire game is OVER?

It seems as though people want the Alliance to win the war, but that ends WoW. Not sure what people are looking for here.

BTW - it is just a game folks. I can understand being passionate about it, but reading parts of this thread make me think some folks need to step outside in the real world more often. I'd urge folks to enjoy the game, and if they're not, find something they do enjoy. All the anger and hate makes kittens sad. And we don't want sad kittens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Personally I stopped caring checking the story of the game.I would say just finish it and go to the next chapter. The World of Warcraft for me ended with the Death of Arthas. All the rest Deathwing, Garrosh and the Evil Horde I simply find it as bullshit writing. The best thing is that they are getting punished for their bullshit writing by losing 4 million subscriptions in the last two expansions. You may say it's not the only reason but trust me a lot of my friends stopped playing because they didn't liked the story.
    I can believe that fully. A game is only as good as what gives it substance after all. Even people who say they don't get into the story, in some way, they do. If a story is good and they are able to follow it, it gives the game more substance to stick around and believe something good can come of it. Its like watching a tv series your not sure of, and then you get into the story and want to know how it ends, if its a good one, your stick around to see that, but if its a bad one, your leave it and not come back.

It really felt like after wrath, the devs ran out of ideas. All that came before it came from the WC3 genre and what made that great story telling, and people loved it for the story and its characters. All they did in wow was carry on using that same formula up until wrath.. and then.. they had nothing else to make use of after wc3 and did some random... stuff.... and not very well.

I do believe it won't get any better tbh, since warcraft now is solely moving along based upon the mmorpg format, and so the story ties into that kind of gameplay, instead of the character developing aspect of WC3. All we get now is the game telling us how great and heroic our made up mary sue avatars are and how it saves the world.. which given how much the developers try and weave this into the story now, it gets really tedious.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post

What were people expecting? Alliance conquers Org, slaughters its inhabitants, defeats the Horde (or it splinters), and the entire game is OVER?

It seems as though people want the Alliance to win the war, but that ends WoW. Not sure what people are looking for here.

BTW - it is just a game folks. I can understand being passionate about it, but reading parts of this thread make me think some folks need to step outside in the real world more often. I'd urge folks to enjoy the game, and if they're not, find something they do enjoy. All the anger and hate makes kittens sad. And we don't want sad kittens.
    You are overreacting.

Deleted

It's not a dichotomy between winning the war and getting nothing. As a Horde player I am disappointed that the Alliance didn't secure any strategic advantage from turning the Horde against itself. It's weird, they sent their soldiers to die in order to assist the Horde in an internal power transition, then left empty-handed.

I'd much rather railing against a post-Garrosh 'peacekeeping force', or BS sanctions than this suspension of disbelief shattering rubbish.

I'd urge you to consider that getting overly invested in imaginary politics is a valid form of enjoyment, not unlike rabid fandom for a sport team. Not everything has to be serious and rational; sometimes it's fun to make believe.

Deleted
    Bad storytelling, get used to it, gonna be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post

I'd urge you to consider that getting overly invested in imaginary politics is a valid form of enjoyment, not unlike rabid fandom for a sport team. Not everything has to be serious and rational; sometimes it's fun to make believe.
    Pretty much. if This...

Is acceptable and expected, then just having a few flinging of words and heated debate over fictional characters on a forum is perfectly legit.

also, people fight over the religion in bloody conflict even today, maybe better to sort that problem out before some fans jarring at each other here.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Pretty much. if This...

Is acceptable and expected, then just having a few flinging of words and heated debate over fictional characters on a forum is perfectly legit.

also, people fight over the religion in bloody conflict even today, maybe better to sort that problem out before some fans jarring at each other here.
    I rabidly disagree with pretty much every single opinion I've every read of yours. 'scool, though. Being an opinionated, jackbooted, pro-horde extremist is just fun fo me. Just like I'm sure you enjoy being a lilylivered, thrall worshipping, pussy >

It's not like there's any actual malice. I think some people imagine that the gulf of disagreement between people like us is such that in person we'd be at each other's throats rather than, say, sharing a beer. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    I rabidly disagree with pretty much every single opinion I've every read of yours. 'scool, though. Being an opinionated, jackbooted, pro-horde extremist is just fun fo me. Just like I'm sure you enjoy being a lilylivered, thrall worshipping, pussy >

It's not like there's any actual malice. I think some people imagine that the gulf of disagreement between people like us is such that in person we'd be at each other's throats rather than, say, sharing a beer. *shrug*
    wow, that was the most amazing contradiction I've read today.

People who having differing opinions will always have reasons to seek out those who do not share that view on things and want to pick a fight. Hell, warcraft is a game made for that exact reason, and the devs themselves know it.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird, they sent their soldiers to die in order to assist the Horde in an internal power transition, then left empty-handed.
    The Horde is shattered, their Warchief is killed, the one their major cities get fucked up, I would hardly call that empty handed

- - - Updated - - -

I'd much rather railing against a post-Garrosh 'peacekeeping force', or BS sanctions than this suspension of disbelief shattering rubbish.
    Which is against what Varian wishes, him being this new High King and all.
    No doubt though that plenty within the Alliance, maybe Jaina/Admiral Rogers, who will be pissed at Varian for not taking what they see as a golden oppurunity to destroy the Horde once and for all

Plus you think the Horde themselves will be happy to trade being watched by the Korkron to being watched by the Alliance? It will just ignite more conflict and fighting.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    The Horde is shattered, their Warchief is killed, the one their major cities get fucked up, I would hardly call that empty handed
    The Horde was shattered by the Warchief we're going to help kill, and their major city is still going to get out of this heavily fortified since most of the fighting will take place in the caverns underground. The Horde is going to leave this more united than before, and with a new Warchief for their trouble, while the Alliance gets no spoils or territorial gains other than some pieces of gear for some adventurers. Considering the price the Alliance has paid through Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, I'd say that's pretty close to "empty handed".
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Horde is shattered...riiiight..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    The Horde is going to leave this more united than before
    thats not gonna replace the thousands of Horde warriors/fighters who will die.
    Whether Kor'korn or rebels they are both Horde. People who could be otherwise be pooling their strength rather than diminishing each others.

- - - Updated - - -

while the Alliance gets no spoils or territorial gains
    wata you want them to do. Re-do Azeorth zones again?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

thats not gonna replace the thousands of Horde warriors/fighters who will die.
    Whether Kor'korn or rebels they are both Horde. People who could be otherwise be pooling their strength rather than diminishing each others.
    As if the Alliance hadn't lost thousands of soldiers fighting the Horde until Garrosh falls.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde was shattered by the Warchief we're going to help kill, and their major city is still going to get out of this heavily fortified since most of the fighting will take place in the caverns underground. The Horde is going to leave this more united than before, and with a new Warchief for their trouble, while the Alliance gets no spoils or territorial gains other than some pieces of gear for some adventurers. Considering the price the Alliance has paid through Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, I'd say that's pretty close to "empty handed".
    As opposed to a long drawn out war that goes on for at least a year with massive casualties before the Horde eventually caves? Wrathion tells you exactly what would have happened if Varian continued the war after Garrosh is defeated. Victory at extremely high cost.

wata you want them to do. Re-do Azeorth zones again?
    Irrelevant. The point is that lore-wise the Alliance is getting nothing.