Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Blah. Just blah.

Make Spirit consistently good for all healers (aka make them work comprehensively with our fracking mechanics like they just did with Innervate/Divine Plea) is what they should be doing. Just straight nerfing our Mana Tea gain will do next to nothing to make MW want Spirit, especially with the meta gem. They'll still go for int/crit/haste as things stand.
    This even hurts pvpers even more because I do not even get a legendary meta gem, damn fn bliz.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

i will not want more spirit but more crit for an additional stack of tea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Kinda doubtful. Nerfing how much mana coming in makes you want to pick up more spirit.
    Wouldn't be so sure, half of the time I don't even consuming the Tea stacks until things go wrong. Like some one previous has said, it's because monks are so mana efficient in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Called the nerf at the start of the expansion: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5682298642
    Uh, did you want a pat on the back or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Hahaha is that the best that can do?
    Again, see the MW sticky for more information on how this nerf affects us.

It is FAR more devastating than it looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeke View Post
    Does anyone know what Ghostcrawler's comment on Twitter refers to? "Oh, they are nerfed on the PTR. QQ incoming." was the comment, in reply to "Except for monks who just stack throughput stats because you fail to balance them."

Something to do with making spirit desirable again from the context of the conversation?
    Nothing to do with anything in particular, rather everything to do with people bitching and moaning about any changes made to classes on PTR.
    Always overlooking the fact that PTR means nothing but testing. Blizzard puts a value onto some spell or ability and then collects the data coming from it through tests. This is the proper way to determine the later live data. Doesn't mean that it is then for live always working either as intended. But it is the most logic approach.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I am not a pve expert, but for pvp and monk healers nerf is definitely needed.
    I am talking about stuns immunity. It is seriously imbalanced, they re just another spec of another class, not Jesus Christ ressurected!
    There is nothing wrong with dematerialize...you just have to play around it every healer class has some op defensive abilities to help them when in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Uh, did you want a pat on the back or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, see the MW sticky for more information on how this nerf affects us.

I completely disagree. This will hardly touch my mana pool, and certainly won't change my gearing. This is not devastating to someone with a 550 ilvl at all. If you're under geared sure it might suck. But HLG and LMG make me barely use mana tea sometimes. I reliably end fights with many extra stacks. It helps that I have an rsham who stacks 20k spirit so their MTT is sufficient spirit for the entire fight...but I digress. This nerf is nothing.
    "You know nothing, Jon Snow" @blizzard.

Deleted
    I think the new will hit like you sayed just the players that dont have much gear.

I completely disagree.
    I like to disagree with facts too.

It's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of ending most fights with 20 stacks of Mana Tea and full Mana, I'll just end up with . . . 20 stacks and full Mana. This really isn't that bad. "Devastating" is overreacting quite a bit I'd say. We'll have even more Spirit we can't reforge away from next patch to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    I completely disagree. This will hardly touch my mana pool, and certainly won't change my gearing. This is not devastating to someone with a 550 ilvl at all. If you're under geared sure it might suck. But HLG and LMG make me barely use mana tea sometimes. I reliably end fights with many extra stacks. It helps that I have an rsham who stacks 20k spirit so their MTT is sufficient spirit for the entire fight...but I digress. This nerf is nothing.
    "You know nothing, Jon Snow" @blizzard.

It's fun.

I like how you say absolutely nothing except ad hominem attacks on a straw an argument, and ignore the points I made which completely invalidate your complaint.

Further, there are no "facts" about a change which we have no ability to test, only ideas of how previous experiences might change. Based on my experiences of infinite mana and having plenty of extra stacks of mana tea, I do not view this change as "devastating" in any way shape or form. On the other hand, you are simply spouting doom and gloom nonsense and ridiculing others who disagree while providing no logical debate.

That is a sign of having lost, good day sir, I will continue doing well with my MW while you QQ.

PS I've never heard of you on these forums and you're already starting to remind me of maggot.

I have to imagine that there is more incoming.. because the mana tea change will not affect my gearing much at all. It will absolutely suck for low item levels, though. Which I am not certain is the effect they are looking for.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

as others have mentioned i saw it and thought "is that it?" its only really going to be a nerf if LMG can NOT be used in siege helms

This mostly effects my solo abilities while doing dailies and scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)

It's fun.
    Nah, gnorridor is right.

At best, this will hurt lowbie MW Monks trying to gear up (and PvPers I guess, but MW is already pretty bad there). At worst, we will "lose" the extra Spirit regen we would have obtained with the increased ilvl, but as things stand Spirit will be reforged out of by even decently progressed MW Monks at the same rate as now. Once a MW has the legendary meta + the gear that came along while obtaining it (especially HLG) then it's the same old. Spirit not scaling with any MW abilities outside passive regen means it will still be largely ignored, especially when there is another stat that scales with both MW regen *and* throughput (Crit). Which is really dumb considering Blizzard revamped INT in large part because it scaled with regen and throughput on several healing specs last expansion. And that's not even mentioning how cheap SM is for Chi gen, or how most big MW spells use Chi from said cheap filler spell, which is "free", or how a Jab/SCK during the LMG window means a "free" mana return chunk, or how the LMG snapshots all of our channeled spells so we can double dip a full channel by recasting SM/CJL at the very end of it for a ton of free Chi, or...

Actually, you know what? Forget all that! I am OUTRAGED by these changes! MWer regen is going to be SO in the gutter, how could you do this to us Blizzard, we won't be able to go on. Your latest patch notes to curb our regen, despite missing the mark completely, managed to make want to stack our most worthless stat. Blizzard's just too clever, I am unwort...BAHAHA I can't even keep that up.

Seriously, though, try to pretend to be upset, fellow LMG wielders. Or at least don't brag outright that these things don't matter, lest Blizzard actually attempt do something that hurts. Cause we all know better than to hope they're doing anything comprehensive until Beta of next expac, and going by the "They gonna QQ" tweets, if we don't QQ at least somewhat, GC might try to find out why. Imagine his tweets actually being useful to a healer is some way...
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-07-19 at 07:32 PM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Seriously, though, try to pretend to be upset, fellow LMG wielders. Or at least don't brag outright that these things don't matter, lest Blizzard actually attempt do something that hurts.
    I'm sorry, you don't bounce back from a loss of 6k MP5. This will come with play style adjustments, no matter how well you play.

But will it not mean just to twiddle thumbs when there is little to heal in fights, unlike now when we pretend to be useful on those scenarios(just get pushed to overheal anyway by shields). And just heal for same amount as now when we are needed. Playstyle adjustment meaning doing literally nothing when not needed, making monks probably the most boring healing class ever in large parts of many fights.

Deleted
    We’re probably not going to keep this particular change. The overall goal is simply that you care about Spirit, and we’ll be rebalancing as necessary.
    The system works!

Yup, here is the link that shows that the nerf is canceled: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ramifications/