Gorehowl and next xpac

With the presence of Gorehowl being rather messed up in WoW lore, due to melchezaar having it in karazhan, I was trying to think of some way in which it could still make sense. From SoO testing you can see that garrosh leaves Gorehowl behind around Norushen, and the wep he uses is an old god infused image, rather than the weapon itself. I had a theory that due to what seems to be the inevitable attack of the legion in the next xpac, it is possible they become known to us in either the end of SoO or a 5.5 if there is one. if Melchezaar was leading some of the legion and came across Gorehowl, he could take it for himself. Now we know that Karazhan is seriously messed up time wise, with things from past and future still there. Could the Gorehowl in Karazhan be a future Gorehowl? Or will blizzard just end up leaving it there as some anomaly. I think it would be very cool if they finally sorted out. Any one else got any explanation as to Gorehowl's weird in game presence?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way you think. That sounds actually pretty clever twist for the plot, I hope you're right, would be awesome

Didn't they retcon gorehowl out of kara

Just like we should not be in possession of the corrupted ashbringer we players shouldn't be in possession of the orginal gorehowl

Now lorelise im sure we shouldnt be in possession of the corrupted gorehowl either and i suspect lorewise thrall will destroy it somehow

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they could come up with something like this.
    Instead, i'm almost sure they will go "Gorehowl? What is that? Something edible?" and everyone will forget about it, confused by the fact Malchezaar has it without explanation.

I think the dark riders gathered it along with all the other artifacts they were forced to gather in the service of Sargeras.
    "The Dark Riders were charlatan merchants who tried to sell fraudulent magical artifacts to Medivh. Medivh, beeing possessed by Sargeras, cursed the merchants to forever pay for their dishonesty by collecting true magical artifacts from all over the kingdom for Medivh, and bringing them back to the Tower." http://www.wowpedia.org/Dark_Riders_of_Deadwind_Pass
    Malchezaar seems to be nothing more than a delivery boy for Sargeras.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Lorewise - Gorehowl was NEVER in Karazhan. Thrall took it with him when Grom died.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    The weapons name is Xal'atoh, desecrated image of Gorehowl. I take that to mean that it's not the original weapon.

Deleted
    I like your theory, but I doubt they'll go that far. Anyway, to expand on your theory, they could simply tell Medivh collected Gorehowl from our time due to some messed up thing in Karazhan, and Malchezaar found it in the artefact vault of the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Liha View Post
    due to what seems to be the inevitable attack of the legion in the next xpac
    Let's wait 'til licensing of name to jump on the Legion train. We don't know yet it will be about the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I wish they could come up with something like this.
    Instead, i'm almost sure they will go "Gorehowl? What is that? Something edible?" and everyone will forget about it, confused by the fact Malchezaar has it without explanation.
    I hope the Red Shirt Guy comes to Blizzcon to ask them that, it would be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Lorewise - Gorehowl was NEVER in Karazhan. Thrall took it with him when Grom died.
    What people are speculating here is that Gorehowl in Kara came with Prince Malchezaar who came from the future. The prince said something about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made some poor lore choices in TBC. They had to retcon all the draenei making sargeras evil lore. They did this stupid gorehowl thing. They gave horde blood elves.

Gorehowl is in the sha of pride Area. Of siege of orgrimmar.