Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm pretty excited for this one.
    Altho I'm hoping for much more than this. I know it's only a peek of their plans, still it feels like too little has happened. I'm yet waiting for the major changes. hopefully this year will be one of those.
    Also glad MF will be gone. This new solution sounds much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Make the world dangerous, the monsters unpredictable, that's fine. They aren't programmed to maliciously hunt me down, then stand over my corpse making sure that I can't do anything productive during an evening. A level 50 bear isn't going to seek me out in my starting zone just because he's a jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I would be pretty ticked at having to do any form of PvP content to accomplish PvE goals.

Just having to go to world PvP in order to do map completion did not sit well with me.
    Exactly. When I've PvPed in the past it's been in battlegrounds where there's understandably nothing else to do but PvP objectives. Whereas in GW2 I have to zone into PvP to complete PvE objectives and almost no one who sees you is going to allow that. I've had whole zergs turn on a dime to come after me when I was running around alone without anyone else from my server in sight.

I've had some luck with Obsidian Sanctum, but in terms of getting WvW map completion I have literally never encountered anyone who let me be if they saw me going for a vista or skill point, the act of doing so probably triggers a "free HK" mechanism. :P At least most of the POIs I can kind of get by following the zerg when my server isn't sucking, which is a very small percentage of the time. >_>

I suppose people can consider it "complaining about the 1%" if they like, but my stance is that I simply wish the two were separate. I'm not sure why anyone who PvPs and doesn't want to PvE would argue against that since it's to their benefit too. There's really no reason to combine WvW and PvE map completion, nor is there any reason to add one WvW objective every time to a 99% PvE meta achievement. People who want to do both PvE and PvP are already doing both, I don't believe these 'bundled' achievements are really bringing a bunch of new blood to PvP or luring a bunch of PvPers into PvE content on any kind of permanent basis.

Having said that, yeah, PvPers get the shaft. I was surprised/disappointed to learn that all the server borderlands maps are practically mirror images of each other. I thought the whole purpose of rotating maps was because they were different, so that was boring. I also think it's just sheer laziness on the developers' part to not better incorporate WvW into events other than adding one objective to a PvE meta that only really serves to get PvE'ers upset and does nothing for PvPers. Can't comment on sPvP since I've never done it.

Anyway. :P I also hate green peppers and unfortunately they have such a potent flavor that even a few of them on pizza actually taints the whole pizza. You can't escape that flavor! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I also hate green peppers and unfortunately they have such a potent flavor that even a few of them on pizza actually taints the whole pizza. You can't escape that flavor! >_<
    This was precisely my entire point.

Well, maybe not "entirely". But green peppers on pizza kinda blows.

One of the things GW1 did well was allowing players to create a PVP only character. It seems a wasted opportunity that Anet did not fully develop the concept in the sequel. We might have had truly separate game modes if so.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-07-23 at 03:48 AM.

They covered every single problem I have with the game. If these changes really go through I will be one happy panda. I guess a few devs logged in GW1 and went oh a herp derp so this is what they wanted the whole time hurrr durrr, only took them a year. Or maybe they read one of the billions of threads on the official forums all saying the same goddamn complaints.

The GW2 I always wanted, more skills and pvp is what caught my eye instantly, although what did he specifically mean by new map types? Modes? Same shitty conquest but with an added mechanic? Just different maps? What? ysokryptic

We've been asking for GvG since GW2 was first announced it was being developed. WHy so fucking sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I have hope once again. Haven't played in like 4 months and suddenly have the urge to.

Still, remain skeptical. ANet has been known to lie straight to their players faces multiple times and all this is subject to change.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-07-23 at 01:10 PM.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was actually. I worked for SOE and Frogster entertainment. And currently am a moderator and admin of several forums on books, movies and culture. XD

My day job is in market research & product analyst for various corporations; Pepsi, Unilever, Frito-Lay, Nabisco, Samsung, Hewlett-Packard, etc. I don't have time for CMing anymore, but I still take message boarding very seriously as a new modern medium of communication.

Your posting style and strong arguments told me about you being CM

On topic:
    If GW2 will have raids it will be awesome...
    Maybe in 2014 :hopes:

Honestly, I would love for Guild Wars 2 to have a more solid community and more community features in the future. Right now Guild Wars 2 does not really give you much of a reason to talk to others, it would be neat if they can change that in the future. Not a need to but rather a want to talk to others.

You should talk to others because you want to talk to them. The same as you would in any social interaction. They do need to refine the guild tools, but it seems they're putting other stuff first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Honestly, I would love for Guild Wars 2 to have a more solid community and more community features in the future. Right now Guild Wars 2 does not really give you much of a reason to talk to others, it would be neat if they can change that in the future. Not a need to but rather a want to talk to others.
    If you want to chat with people, go and do some RP. Guest on Piken Square if you're EU or Tarnished Coast (tell me if it has changed... I'm EU) if NA.