Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did, for a bit.. but I left raiding for PvP I find it's much more Fun and I can do it whenever
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I've played a lot of wow before I raided. I would still play, just turn off my account in between content patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

I've never raided, and I haven't really done arena all that much in a long time. I did it a lot in BC, some in WotLK (not seriously, just to get the gear) very little in Cata, and none in MoP. It's just not all that fun to me. But I still come and go with WoW because of BGs still being mildly amusing. I also make alts to quest and actually pay attention to the lore, rather than intending to do end game. None of it's worth the sub cost though, so I'm gone more often than not.

There'd still be Rated Battlegrounds. I'd play for that.

But if you mean any rated PvP then I wouldn't stick around at all.
    Next to PvP (even semi-seriously) the next best thing is transmog hunting but not good enough to keep subscribing.

I've tried two, maybe three times to play without raiding. I end up being entertained for awhile, but then it gets to a point and I'm like "I HAVE to get back into raiding."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid as it is outside of LFR and occasionally pugging Normals. I won't even bother with those Normals once Flex is up and running. I PVP a lot but once I grinded out my full set of Tyrannical, I stopped bothering with Arenas because they're a very unskilled and contrived form of PVP. World PVP is where it's at.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done serious constructed raiding since wrath. I've tried, but I've found I have no patience for continued attempts on a boss over and over and over again. I grasp the mechanics, and I know how to avoid them, but unfortunately I don't run an up to date computer, so function isn't the greatest.

LFR is good for a casual player like me. I'm very much in love with the lore of this game (even to what a lot of people think is faction bias and blah blah blah) I enjoy being able to keep up with content without having to devote my life to a video game to see it.

I'm also an achievement whore, and my main is a tank so she can go back to older content to pick up achieves that I couldn't get when it was current. Professions, casual BGs, pet battles, Blizz has done a rather good job at keeping a player plate filled with stuff to do. You just have to want to do it!

Hell, if you don't enjoy a game you're playing, and paying for, stop playing it. Apparently this concept is beyond a lot of people and I am baffled

For the past two and a half years, I've been playing on an off, and I realized the reason was because I was no longer raiding. I'd sub for a month, soak up the new content, then unsubscribe. I realize I could be raiding, and honestly I know that I'd be enjoying it, but I can't go through the application process AGAIN - especially since I'm already so far behind.

So no, it's really, really hard to keep playing if you're not raiding.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd still play! I currently don't do arena and I've only done lfr a few times.

Wouldn't be much different.

I already quit raiding and I've never been in a serious arena team, and I still spend way too much time playing, so I'd have to say yes lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Would you play WoW if you do not raid or play arena? Would like to hear what and how you enjoy the game?
    Already have. Hardly even cared for instances og bgs because I had nothing to gear up for. Instead I kept farming mounts, pets etc. Not being part of a team helped me relax a whole lot more, and play like I wanted to. Casual gaming sure is nice if you have some goals There are tons of things to do in-game.
    In the end, raiding was just not for me any more. Didn´t feel like listening to raid leaders vent their rage, or the selfish people always crying about whats better for them and not the entire raid.

Mount/pet collecting
    Achievements
    Questing
    Leveling
    Farming
    Hunter pet collecting
    Those are what I did most of the time before I quit. If I return some day it´s gonna be like that once again

10+ Year Old Account
    I raided from ICC throughout Cata, and I have barely even touched any of MoP's raid content because my group is rebuilding itself, and I've been subbed endlessly. I don't PvP, either. The game has become a hangout for those of us who are left from the Cata breakup.

So, yes.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

No, I don't think I'd play very much if I didn't raid-- if I wasn't raiding, that would most likely mean I wasn't playing with my friends anymore, and that's why I play WoW-- the social aspect and my friend group keeps it worth the money in addition to how much I enjoy the game itself.
    Without the social aspect, even with how much I enjoy the game, it would be much harder for me to justify the $15 sub over some of the other free or single-payment offerings.

I'd quit if I didn't raid right now, yeah, and I quit for a while because I stopped doing arenas. I only play my main 3 days a week (raid nights), and once my Monk hits 90 I'll gear him and stop. I won't level any new characters, and I don't level professions. So all I do is raid right now really, if I didn't raid I wouldn't play, there would be no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I play WoW to raid, and if I can't do that, then my time would be better spent playing other video games.