10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    No it's not, don't be ridiculous. Don't try to equate attacking an individual with having someone removed from a virtual game. They aren't remotely the same and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that.
    Okay, how about manhandling them out the store while they're doing their shopping?

What if these transmog helms were Tabards btw? Similarly outraged?

No it's not, don't be ridiculous. Don't try to equate attacking an individual with having someone removed from a virtual game. They aren't remotely the same and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that.
    Clearly he means its the same thing in essence. You're punishing the customer when you should be going after the business.

Not saying to treat players like trash. I don't support that. I support politely telling others that I don't support their decision and will not group with them because of it.
    So you're saying you will drop group with someone using these helms? Because kicking them is not the same thing as a 'peaceful protest'.

This is simply people protesting in this way. Saying you won't be a part of this by grouping with who you want.
    LFR/LFG is not for "grouping with who you want". They are groups of random people thrown together. If YOU have a problem with the people you're thrown together with that is purely based on a bone to pick with Blizzard, then YOU leave the group, you don't force them to. Doing otherwise just makes you the asshole because you're deciding to ruin someone else's play time with your own sense of moral outrage. This isn't "protesting". It's bullying.

If you want to protest, you've already stated several peaceful and more meaningful ways of doing so.

(NOTE: My use of "you" is meant in the general sense and not the specific.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    No kiddo, THE ENTITLED twatty playerbase is putting a wedge in teh playerbase.
    They're envious of people that can afford some luxury items. So they feel the need to make themselves feel better by acting all high and mighty towards people that bought them.
    Ru really trying to tell me that the rich players deserve to have more stuff than the poor players?

Ru really advocating that the rich get all the perks and r allowed to piss all over the poor?

Dude ur really treading on dangerous ground if u wanna carry on that argument...

EDIT: i was a real life Foxhunt protester... i was against fox hunting because its a fukking bloodsport and i dont agree ANY animal should die in the name of a sport. I wasnt protesting because i was against a richmans sport. Money has fukk all to do with morality.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-07-20 at 06:44 PM.

The thinking that leads to it is -exactly- the same.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

People who have played from the start have probably payed a decent amount over a thousand dollars in subscription fees. Now they are being told they need to pay more if they want to look their best. But no matter, just shut up and keep paying right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just was in a LFR group where we kicked 3 people for having the helms.

Not saying to treat players like trash. I don't support that. I support politely telling others that I don't support their decision and will not group with them because of it.
    If you sign up for LFR you agreed to randomized players that you have no real choice in selecting.

If you kick them for transmog your wasting a kick, peoples time, and just slowing the LFR
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    LFR/LFG is not for "grouping with who you want". They are groups of random people thrown together. If YOU have a problem with the people you're thrown together with that is purely based on a bone to pick with Blizzard, then YOU leave the group, you don't force them to. Doing otherwise just makes you the asshole because you're deciding to ruin someone else's play time with your own sense of moral outrage. This isn't "protesting". It's bullying.

If you want to protest, you've already stated several peaceful and more meaningful ways of doing so.

(NOTE: My use of "you" is meant in the general sense and not the specific.)
    I was given a kick tool and I will abuse it until they take it away from me. Dealwithit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    If they were the case then it'd be a lot easier to just leave the group, but no, you want THEM gone. This isn't protesting, it's people being petty.

I bet you if people contiunously dropped group because of seeing these items, it'd work a lot better than you griefing someone.
    Now, we may have a difference of opinion vis-a-vis 5 mans, but we agree completely on this.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Here's my fresh perspective on teh store helmets. I started playing WoW not too long before TBC Came out. Up until a few months after MoP came out. (and I didn't really have any problem with the art style of MoP. I just got bored of the same old same old with WoW. I no longer felt the storyline compelling, at least not 15 dollars a month compelling.

For what short time I was able to enjoy Transmog, I loved it. Whether it was to make myself look whacky, or make myself look oldschool, while wearing the latest gear, it was great. Although on my main I didn't transmog for one simple reason: My main was a showcase of my achievements: I always wanted to wear the latest and greatest gear. So I learned to love whatever artistic quirks plagued the latest tier set.

And that I think creates the problem with the store helmets.

#1. They are 3 of the coolest looking helmets Blizzard has ever designed.
    #2. They are the latest aesthetic you can hope to achieve in WoW.
    #3. The only way you can get it is with your wallet.

So taken all that together, in order to get the coolest and most recent aesthetic on your character, is to pay extra. And traditionally, helms have always dropped off of some of the toughest bosses. If you have the latest tier helm, chances are you are getting stopped in Stormwind or Org by nubs saying "WOW NICE GEAR!"

Additionally, up until this point, most of the Blizzard Store and TCG items have been quirky and fun. Spectral sandbox tiger = lulz. baby moonkin = lulz. mini-xt = lulz. Other than the mounts, but there are so many awesome mounts that you can only get in game. (however the helmets have helmet effects that go beyond the special effects that are on any helms that drop in game. I think the beady red eyes on the cryptstalker set are the closest thing to that so far)

So I think a line has been blurred with them. If they were fun items, like transmogable party hats, or the ability to turn your mount into a brony, that would be different.

Also another exception I have, is that when you look at the actual profitability of these items, and then compare it to what players get in return for their financial support...

Let's just say, Blizzard introduces LOLPET to pet store. All in, the development cost is probably at most 10,000 dollars (probably less). If they sell 2 million of them, at 15 bucks a piece, that's 30 million USD that blizzard pockets (almost entirely profit). I'd want to know; does the lesser employee who pitched the idea, and the employees who put their blood sweat and tears into making Blizzard an extra 30 million USD, do they get a commission on that? Because the amount of content and the quality of the content I'd say is roughly the same as it was before the Blizzard Store came along. So none of it is going towards anything we didn't already get in exchange for our monthly fee.

So if the developers that worked on it don't get a commission; it's just going directly into the executives pockets.

So blurred lines with the whole blizzard store items, and the fact that people get nothing extra in return for their additional financial support. I see consumers who fail at capitalism, so I can understand the backlash helm buyers are getting. Do I agree with the methodology of kicking them out of LFG? Absolutely not. But I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It's hardly semantics. 5 mans absolutely have lower importance now. It use to be the only content for non raiders. There are lots of other options for people who don't raid now. Including LFR, which is more or less like a big 5 man.

I think you're grossly overestimating the number of people who are only interested in 5 man dungeons. There are just too many options these days.
    Challenge modes are IMMENSELY popular. In fact, that's the only reason I know that most of my friends even do them(Seeing as how they're raiders). That just increased the audience for them.

Even with that aside, you're still ignoring the fact that most people don't progress much higher than 5mans; hell most aren't even max level. 5mans are one of the few alternatives to questing.

I'd have to say you're the one severely UNDERestimating their importance.

This really isn't relevant to the OT though so I'm going to stop talking about it after this.

OT: People are stupid for being petty by kicking people out for wearing items they don't approve of. If you don't like it, it's your responsibility to remove YOURSELF from the situation, seeing as you're the one that has an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Only going to list one.

To have fun with my friends and guildmates. Do you REALLY need anymore than that?
    No, what I need is for you to then explain how that translates into new five man content being a core component of this game and also explain why LFR, Heroic Scenarios, etc can't fulfill that for you. What do five mans have that makes them a core component that other things can't accommodate in similar(often better) fashion? Hell, my friends and I could have fun doing a lot of things in this game...that doesnt make every one of them a core component.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Ru really trying to tell me that the rich players deserve to have more stuff than the poor players?
    Ru really advocating that the rich get all the perks and r allowed to piss all over the poor?

Dude ur really treading on dangerous ground if u wanna carry on that argument...

EDIT: i was a real life Foxhunt protester... i was against fox hunting becausde its a fukking bloodsport and i dont agree ANY animal should die in the name of a sport. I wasnt protesting because i was against a richmans sport. Rich has fukk all to do with morality.
    Nobody cares about your views on morality. And when "rich people" get "all the perks" then you may have a valid complaint.
    Until they, keep digging that hole deeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I just was in a LFR group where we kicked 3 people for having the helms.
    And yet we are over 100 pages in and not a single SS......... Why not just say I was just in a LFR and we kicked 15 ppl for having one of the helms as it would offer just as much proof as what any poster has stated.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Okay, how about manhandling them out the store while they're doing their shopping?

What if these transmog helms were Tabards btw? Similarly outraged?
    Don't be snide. In a game where I can "vote" to get people out of a group, it isn't remotely the same as "man handling" someone. Especially if you explain the reason why, which I would.

I would be annoyed if ANYTHING was in the shop. I don't have any of the mounts, any of the pets, and won't buy any of the transmog items. I believe all of those things should be in game (I would be ok if they were in a shop and in game though, that's fine).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not even going to reply to the people that just replied to what I said. The arguments used are... head-scratchingly ridiculous.

People will unsub, others won't. People will cry for nothing, others will laugh. Guess what, the world continues to turn. Try branching out and play other games for a while.
    We do. We just like this game. Don't be all high and mighty here. I'm sure there are things you don't like that happen in games, movies, and culture that you stand up too. Don't act like you are some saint here that knows better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    In practice, I agree with you. In theory, no - I think everyone has to decide for themselves who they want to play with. I don't think kicking someone over your own principles is any worse than kicking someone for underperforming.
    Because kicking someone for UNDER PERFORMING is different then kicking someone because their pixels on the screen do not suit your eyeballs. Concentrate more on DPS or healing and less on what someone else is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

EDIT: i was a real life Foxhunt protester... i was against fox hunting because its a fukking bloodsport and i dont agree ANY animal should die in the name of a sport. I wasnt protesting because i was against a richmans sport. Money has fukk all to do with morality.
    People who pay for something deserve to have what they paid for. If they paid for more goods then someone else then they DESERVE that much more goods then someone else.

rich/poor doesn't play into this as rich and poor are all based on comparison and point of view
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    And yet we are over 100 pages in and not a single SS......... Why not just say I was just in a LFR and we kicked 15 ppl for having one of the helms as it would offer just as much proof as what any poster has stated.

Well We kicked 3 of them. I voted yes Cause I did not want them in my group. I did not bother taking a SS but its like pokemon gota kick em all

Don't be snide. In a game where I can "vote" to get people out of a group, it isn't remotely the same as "man handling" someone. Especially if you explain the reason why, which I would.

I would be annoyed if ANYTHING was in the shop. I don't have any of the mounts, any of the pets, and won't buy any of the transmog items. I believe all of those things should be in game (I would be ok if they were in a shop and in game though, that's fine).

- - - Updated - - -

We do. We just like this game. Don't be all high and mighty here. I'm sure there are things you don't like that happen in games, movies, and culture that you stand up too. Don't act like you are some saint here that knows better than anyone else.
    So then it's not the shop you have a problem with, it's the fact that you don't have an alternative to paying money for the items. While I can understand that, it's no different than items being locked behind achievements and such. You have to put some kind of investment to get the item.