Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    If thats all u think Blizzard will do then why r u so upset?

Just sit back and wait for LFR kick tool to get changed.
    Yeah maybe I should sit back because all I'm going is repeating the same shit while others are doing the same like ring around the rosie.

Ashes ashessssssssssssssss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Thats not in the BLizzard store tho Its in the battle net account. Again - comparing two totally different things that are not even in the same store.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

It is all the same store, from Blizzard. However why does it matter what the source is if they are all micro transactions? Why is it fine for someone to sell a spectral tiger on eBay for $300 but not okay for blizzard to sell a helm for $15? Why is it okay for them to sell a pet and mount through Account management but not through us.blizzard.com/store?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I told you this before but you didn't respond to it. No. It really isn't better. It's the exact same. Selling something you can't get ingame for 15 extra euros. For MoP, a pet and a mount.
    I went to sleep yesterday when this was at 42 pages...so...sorry if I didn't readed you.

And yes, it's good, if there wasn't deluxe edition only the people that buyed the collector's edition would have the mount and pet, if the collector's edition was UNLIMITED then yes, it would be shit too, but we are talking about a LIMITED product, so the deluxe edition is actually a good way to get those things if you wasn't able to get your hands on one of the LIMITED collector's edition.

And one more time, the mount and pet from the collector's edition comes with all the things in the phisical version, they are not made specifically to be sold alone, the deluxe edition as I said is a convenience thing.

If you are using an in-game store. You need a way to have a set of code that will trigger the items instantly while in game. For this you need it triggered with factors in game. This just means instead of paying blizzard 5$ for a pet on the website you pay 5$ for currency which you then exchange for the pet. They are streamlining the store so that it's not so lost online and instead is readily available in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    U really dont know much about protest do you... *sigh* There is always some form of collatoral damage, ALWAYS!
    But neither do you. If you are protesting something you do what would hurt the target of your protest. Are you protesting people that buy virtual items for real world money? Nope because you are only focusing on helms and not pets, mounts, and other vanity items for real world money.

Are you protesting the sale of helms by blizzard? Nope because you aren't hurting blizzard by kicking people who have those items from your group. You are only hurting those people who bought helms. So you are protesting people that bought helms, but why? Why not protest all micro-transactions? Why pick just one group of people to hurt?

The only way to protest blizzard is by canceling your subscription and telling them why. But that won't happen because these people are more interested in causing greif to their community while they still get to play the game. Because they really don't object to the game they just see an outlet for their douche baggery.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Very poor logic from start to finish. You have no proof how big % of ppl would like the ingame store... talking about minority that disagree with yours views is not quite how it works.

I actually think alot of players are being adult about this and pointing out that a sub based MMO game can not all of a sudden change the entire model by adding ingame cash shop - without having backlash from loyal playerbase. I think thats good thing and will hopefully get Blizzard thinking of how to make extra revenues without betraying those players now by adding ingame micro - transaction..
    Simple: if it flops, you'll be proven right. If it's a success, you'll be proven wrong. You can't state either with any degree of certainty, but based on previous things Blizzard has done and is still making money off of WoW, my money's on the store doing ok and staying. Because if the community has shown anything, is that they don't know how to voice complaints and are about as effective as a Magikarp trying to beat Mewtwo with Splash. The community decided to turn on itself instead of just unsubbing. It's like if some guy was ripping you off on the street selling you a fake watch and you went like "OH YEAH?!" and hit yourself in the face with a baseball bat and then other people were like "THAT'S SO BRILLIANT!" and did the same. Because by wasting your vote kicks on people just because they have the hat, you're only hurting yourself in the long run (can't vote kick a troll, community is looked down upon even more, blizz store stays, etc.)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think that kicking someone from lfr, unless they are afk and doing nothing, or are being jackasses is kind of stupid anyway. It's not progression raiding, and it isn't affecting a guilds realm first. It's going through the motions with random people in a scaled down raid environment. It's like cutting someone from playing in a thrown together neighborhood baseball game, but in the case at hand, doing so because they bought their baseball cap at Kmart and not a pro game.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Simple: if it flops, you'll be proven right. If it's a success, you'll be proven wrong. You can't state either with any degree of certainty, but based on previous things Blizzard has done and is still making money off of WoW, my money's on the store doing ok and staying. Because if the community has shown anything, is that they don't know how to voice complaints and are about as effective as a Magikarp trying to beat Mewtwo with Splash. The community decided to turn on itself instead of just unsubbing. It's like if some guy was ripping you off on the street selling you a fake watch and you went like "OH YEAH?!" and hit yourself in the face with a baseball bat and then other people were like "THAT'S SO BRILLIANT!" and did the same. Because by wasting your vote kicks on people just because they have the hat, you're only hurting yourself in the long run (can't vote kick a troll, community is looked down upon even more, blizz store stays, etc.)
    It's more like you pay to join a club and once inside you're outraged they are selling rare wines when excellent wines are available for free.

Wait... people are arguing that the helms are ruining others' game experience. Alright, even if you want to say that enabling Blizz is going to make the situation worse, isn't kicking people for a vain reason ruining THEIR experience? Is their experience not as important as yours?

Hey, I don't like your guild. I'm going to kick you.
    Hey, you're a druid. I don't like druids. I'm going to kick you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    I still think that kicking someone from lfr, unless they are afk and doing nothing, or are being jackasses is kind of stupid anyway. It's not progression raiding, and it isn't affecting a guilds realm first, it's going through the motions in a scaled down raid environment. It's like cutting someone from playing in a thrown together neighborhood baseball game , but in the case at hand, doing so because they bought their baseball cap at Kmart and not a pro game.
    Oh I can't wait to go back into game which is like a couple of days and be afk again while others get kicked because of how they look / have the helm on. Going to be fascinating

Thats not in the BLizzard store tho Its in the battle net account.

Again - comparing two totally different things that are not even in the same store.
    Thank you for proving yourself a troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But neither do you. If you are protesting something you do what would hurt the target of your protest. Are you protesting people that buy virtual items for real world money? Nope because you are only focusing on helms and not pets, mounts, and other vanity items for real world money.
    Errrm they are hitting Blizzard with this protest... 100 page thread in 24hours?

Large Internet publicity that ingame protesting against cash-shop is happening right now in Wow.

The protesters r totally hitting Blizzard where it hurts... they know it and u know it. How long can they absorb such large amounts of negative publicity?

If u dont think theres a problem then why have u even bothered to post on this thread?

It is all the same store, from Blizzard. However why does it matter what the source is if they are all micro transactions? Why is it fine for someone to sell a spectral tiger on eBay for $300 but not okay for blizzard to sell a helm for $15? Why is it okay for them to sell a pet and mount through Account management but not through us.blizzard.com/store?
    Again - The collector's or deluxe edition's are NOT micro transactions. They are products that you buy and includes certain perks. Buying one virtual helmet on the other hand is a clear cut micro-transaction - even there is nothing micro about the price.

If I consider the deluxe edition to break any more rules than the collector's edition. No.. If ppl want to have stuff in D3 when they buy Deluxe mOP edition. Acting like thats some sort of micro - transaction... is again... just kid's logic.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-20 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    It's more like you pay to join a club and once inside you're outraged they are selling rare wines when excellent wines are available for free.
    Yes, but people think they are getting ripped off by Blizz because they added something completely optional, so I used the "ripped off" angle.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Thank you for proving yourself a troll.
    Ye - just because I point out there is a difference between a micro- transaction virtual item that cost 15$ - and a deluxe edition that has nothing to do with micro transaction... but buying a whole expansion... including stuff in all Blizzard games.... ye Must be a troll if I dare to call ppl out on their Kid's logic.

10+ Year Old Account

You can buy the spectral tiger in game from someone.. usually for around 300k gold... you can´t buy the helms in game for gold.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Errrm they are hitting Blizzard with this protest... 100 page thread in 24hours?
    On mmo-champion, of a vocal minority, of an even smaller minority of forum goers. Blizzard is literally unaffected by how much smoke you blow on a forum. Do you think they have sirens going off in Irvine to alert them to yet another complaint fest on a forum? How long have you been using the internet because you don't seem to understand exactly what goes down on my fan site forums.

The thread for a free helm from MMO-Champion got more responses in less time. Going by your logic Blizzard would see that the helms are acceptable by a far larger group of players then those who complained in this thread.

I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription.
    False. Next argument, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is outrageous. Punishing someone for using THEIR own money for something THEY would enjoy that doesn't make them perform any better than anyone else is beyond crappy and sounds like some jealousy.

Blizzard getting money for transmog items will help everyone overall, this keeps money going in and allows them to keep developing and at the current quick rate or even quicker. If everyone that bought vanity items got shunned so bad that no one did it anymore and that caused blizzard to have less money which caused patches to come out slower... then how would the bullies feel about it? If you buy a car and someone else buys the same car but with the upgraded body affects, tinted windows etc and pays more for those items do you run them off the road?

I know it is not possible but if Blizzard could punish the people that vote kicked for this reason I think they should.

When workers go on strike theyre effecting their employers directly. They hit their employers where it hurts... this exact form of protest is no different. The protesters r simply using ingame features to maximise their voice against the Cash-shop. Afterall we all know Blizzard are far more likely to act if players ingame r being harrassed.

This all looks like Anonymous turning against Blizzard...
    The awesome thing is that Blizzard can simply ban the small minority who's doing it with it having no effect on their bottomline at all. Why should they cave in to the 6-year olds who suddenly have gotten into their head that they can terrorize Blizzard to do whatever the fuck they want?