Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I'm not sure why people aren't stopping to think that it's not the helms so much people are worried about, but the thought of what comes next.
    Oh this has indeed been brought up in every single thread that has been created about these very topics.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    That just seems pathetic. They're expensive items, yes, but punishing players for what they buy? That's rather extreme, isn't it?

Deleted
    Has this actually happened, or are you saying it because some retards on here threatened to do it?

But if it is happening, the funny thing is they think they have the upper hand getting you kicked but they are the losers in the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, that you're not supposed to gain anything ingame by using unfair or unethical means, like cash.

You do realize that the rewards from trading card games and mounts and pets have all been in the game for years. The idiocy of these so called "Protests" is startling. These are petulent children incapable of expressing themselves, so they are just being morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Again - I dont think you get what this is all about. This is no longer just about some Blizzard web store items. I think most ppl are seeing this going much further and they see good time and opportunity now to react to it while they still can.
    So it's pre-emptive outrage?

You're trying to lead a revolution against Blizzard's new policy of selling items for cash you can't get with your sub. I'm just pointing out you're a few years late in your selective outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they are just jelly because they don't have those ubber awesomesauce 15 bucks to buy a cool helm and be happy.
    This is basically what it comes down to. LFR is full of bad players, people are only bad at WoW if they're either kids that don't understand basic concepts, or they simply don't care. People that don't care aren't going to kick other people because of the helms. Kids that don't have $15 to spend because their parents won't give it to them will kick people.

People can say they disagree with business practices all they want, but anyone that knows anything about business knows this is a good idea for both players and Blizzard. The only people who are against this are either people who want them but can't afford them, because $15 is oh so much money, or people who don't understand how businesses work and don't realize that more money for Blizzard is good for everyone involved, including players.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodravn View Post
    A subscription only allows you access to the content, nothing more. As has been said, if you don't want to play with those people, you are free to leave the group, and cancel your subscription.

I mean, if my $ could dictate what and how other's get stuff... you'd be limited to greens and the only way to get it would be to walk backwards around the entire world while shouting "I'm a pretty pony" over and over, twice.
    So 24 ppl should leave if 1 person has the helmet if others find it ruin the experience? I think its pretty obvious who ruins the experience if he is kicked for wearing paid for transmog helmet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.
    How exactly is punishing the players doing any good? People are just butt hurt and jealous. That's it. And idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Just remember that next month when your mom sends your allowance to Blizzard, hypocrite.

OT: Define "quite a few"... I've seen them all over and haven't seen or heard of anyone kicked. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    Say what? I don't play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    $15 is a lot of money? I think a lot of people need better jobs or something.
    It's not a lot of money, but seriously, paying $15 to have different pixels. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodravn View Post
    A subscription only allows you access to the content, nothing more. As has been said, if you don't want to play with those people, you are free to leave the group, and cancel your subscription.
    Players are also free to use the kick feature in whichever way they please. The kick feature does not make a distinction between "good" and "bad" player intentions with regards to its use. Perhaps Blizzard start selling a temporary buff that gives a player kick immunity?

I think we are going to see a very hardcore reaction now to the ingame cash shop store. not saying ppl will bother with the kitten - but the community has been divided on this like you can see both on forums and ingame. The only party that has shown zero concern is BLizzard.

PPL that have plaid sub for 9 years now will take a hard stand if they dont feel the game should have in game cash shop. I think thats only fair that those ppl will be heard and seen ingame if Blizzard is ready to ignore them on their forums.
    I'm one of the people you mention as paying a sub for 9 years, i couldn't give two shits about in-game cosmetic stuff for real life cash.

Infact i think you're talking out of your arsehole, pulling out any example you can to try and back up your "point" or to give some kind of support to your absurd reasoning behind raging against things which have no effect on gameplay etc.

Don't get me started on the xp potion and lesser charms, we pay a different way to asian region servers, the sub model is completely different and as such, these micro-transactions are understandable in those regions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So how many people with a 500 dollar Spectral Tigre were kicked in the last 6 years ???
    oh I see ... when 3rd party websites sell these in game items ... it is ok, but when Blizzard sells some fluff items it is not.
    sick people really....
    Most people conveniently overlook things that don't fit in their string of arguments - and completely ignore the fact that TCG items, in fact, aren't any different.

This sort of attitude does faaaaar more to harm the sense of community than lfg/lfr ever did. When we turn on each other for something so freaking petty why should anyone really want to work together?

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post

Way to be childish. Its nothing to do with being poor. Its about not willingly bending over and getting ripped off by Blizzard for a few pixels.

So ... don't buy it. And then you're not "willingly bending over and getting ripped off." That's how you make and vote your choice. How does hating on people show Blizzard anything?

It's all about petty jealousy, bitterness and hater mentality ... and little else.
    Last edited by Jackrabb1t; 2013-07-19 at 10:58 PM. Reason: incorrect quote

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So it's pre-emptive outrage?

You're trying to lead a revolution against Blizzard's new policy of selling items for cash you can't get with your sub. I'm just pointing out you're a few years late in your selective outrage.
    Im not leading anything. Just pointing out that alot of players that have been playing sub for many years might not be ready to pay both sub and then see in game store.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If you are claiming that a vote kick for people wearing cash shop helms is evidence of a democratic vote against it... you haven't done many LFR runs. You could initiate a vote kick on anyone and 90% of the people are just going to hit yes for no reason to get the box out of their face. It's an abused system and it in no way reflects anything.
    I am not claiming it is a democratic vote however in the vast majority of vote kicks I have witnessed there is always some form of discussion before it happens especially since it requires five votes before the rest of the raid can vote. If as you say it in no way reflects anything then those that have the helms have nothing to worry about.

Again - I dont think you get what this is all about. This is no longer just about some Blizzard web store items. I think most ppl are seeing this going much further and they see good time and opportunity now to react to it while they still can.
    Replace 'think' with 'fantasize'. You have no proof.

Wow. This thread is hilarious. Just a bunch of children crying about some TRANSMOG GEAR! My god people. Why the hell do you care what someone purchases on the Blizzard store?! I guess I missed the part where transmog gear gives me an advantage over someone else. /shrug
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    Question.

If they had added a box for 3.99 that you can open for a chance at receiving the helm, along with a handful of fairly common Hearthstone cards. Nobody would bat an eyelash, correct?
    nobody bat an eyelash for 6 years because it was Cryptozoic, but now that Blizzard actually uses a fair price and an honest deal it is blasphomy.

these cosmetic CCG items are in the game for 6 years already

Blizzard haters are sick people really.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-19 at 10:59 PM.