Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    This argument quickly falls apart when you realize that you're not using said freedom by using a system which groups you with completely random people. Join a guild and form a group of people that you're willing to play with. Better yet, just leave the LFR group yourself. It'd save everyone the trouble.

Bullying other people into sharing your opinion is a poor strategy to show Blizzard how you feel. Not giving them your money is a better strategy.
    The vote is equally open to all people in the raid if this is not supported by most in the raid they can decline the vote kick and then vote to kick the player who started the vote for the helm wearer to be kicked. As others have said it is not uncommon for low dps, even though they are performing at the level their gear allows, to be kicked especially after a wipe, this has been going on for as long as I can remember without an outcry of bullying.

IT is kind of a noob flag. I'd certainly inspect their gear first, but in terms of LFR runs, your goal in kicking someone should be to make the run faster and more productive, not correct conspicuous spending behvior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    [irrelevant rant snipped]
    Regardless of whom you think Blizzard should be listening to (and, for the record, Ghostcrawler has been pretty clear that they know that the people on the forums represent a tiny minority of the opinion and they care a lot about what people who don't post on the forums think), that had nothing to do with what I was saying. I was saying that most people don't care, so don't get your hopes up that there's a crusade going on ostracizing people who bought the helms.

Feel free to fantasize about it, but realize it is a fantasy. That's all.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Maybe you are looking it from one side now. Maybe those ppl that are wearing those helmets (and later maybe XP boosts and buying tokens) are ruining the experience of a player that just wants to play a game where his subscription controls what and how players get stuff... like it has been done for the past 9 years? DO those subscribers not have the right to feel that their gaming experienced has been ruined abit?
    It's like store bought pets have never existed in the game or something. You should start a thread raging about store bought pets and how that's unfair to people who don't want to pay cash for content they should get with their sub.

I've never bought anything from the cash shop, but to me the pets are WAY more tempting than silly transmog pieces.

it would seem that the obvious fact is that by kicking someone for cosmetic choice you impact their game experience. if I don't like something, and it is to the point that it would offend me that deeply, which I can respect, the mature response would be to drop from the group myself. that way, the other players don't suffer, and I could still hold true to my beliefs. but to force my beliefs on others? not cool. you don't want to pay with people that buy cosmetics (which I don't, also), then you leave. grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    $15 is a lot of money? I think a lot of people need better jobs or something.
    That's what I'm thinking. If I lost $15 out of my wallet I probably wouldn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    But the players have a better choice here, which would be cancelling their subscription. Also, you can't compare selling cosmetic pixels to the torture of animals...
    Why should a player that has payed sub for 8 years just walk away? Cause the company that he trusted decided to betray their own model that they said the game was built on?

I think ppl standing up for the subscription model is a good thing. The only person so far I find very insulting is you ... that is just telling ppl that have played and paid for the game for years... to just walk away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    We where talking about helms, not those. But even those are a pathetic excuse to flame Bliz.
    Anyone who plays this game seriously knows that the leveling process is just a nuisance.
    It was fine the first time, but man it is boring as hell.
    And you can get 50 coins in 1.5-2 hours? -> Again, no one cares.

Microtransactions are Microtransactions

So you'd rather pay for an xp pot instead of receiving new looms(or just flat out nerfed xp costs in general) every expansion?

You'd rather pay for coins than the coin system not be there at all?

You think systems won't be put in place, or kept intentionally more difficult than necessary in order to accommodate additional revenue via the microtransaction system?

let's be honest, Convenience based microtransactions, in order to generate any revenue whatsoever require a inconvenience to be present, This is fine in real life because the inconvenience is rarely being deliberately created by the same people who are creating the convenience item. it's different in a videogame. The only reason you will be paying for anything is because they make something deliberately more difficult for everyone in order to squeeze more money out of those who will pay.

In what universe is that alright? apply the same logic to any real life situation and it becomes fucking ludicrous

If the same people who sold diarrhea medicine genetically engineered fruit and vegetables to give you the shits hours after you eat them, People would be in an uproar.

And people are in an uproar about microtransactions, if you expected nobody to be mad about this at all, you're a fool.

So how many people with a 500 dollar Spectral Tigre were kicked in the last 6 years ???

oh I see ... when 3rd party websites sell these in game items ... it is ok, but when Blizzard sells some fluff items it is not.

sick people really....

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The vote is equally open to all people in the raid if this is not supported by most in the raid they can decline the vote kick and then vote to kick the player who started the vote for the helm wearer to be kicked. As others have said it is not uncommon for low dps, even though they are performing at the level their gear allows, to be kicked especially after a wipe, this has been going on for as long as I can remember without an outcry of bullying.
    If you are claiming that a vote kick for people wearing cash shop helms is evidence of a democratic vote against it... you haven't done many LFR runs. You could initiate a vote kick on anyone and 90% of the people are just going to hit yes for no reason to get the box out of their face. It's an abused system and it in no way reflects anything.

This sounds like a troll... but no, it's not your right to show displeasure with a decision in such a way. The reason this community has such a bad reputation is because of people that do things such as this.

Deleted
    Maybe you are looking it from one side now. Maybe those ppl that are wearing those helmets (and later maybe XP boosts and buying tokens) are ruining the experience of a player that just wants to play a game where his subscription controls what and how players get stuff... like it has been done for the past 9 years? DO those subscribers not have the right to feel that their gaming experienced has been ruined abit?
    Again, if you don't agree with Blizzard policies then just cancel your subscription.

Also: One was able to get items in-game through cash since October 2006 through the TGC (Heroes of Azeroth Pack containig a tabard, a pet and a mount). The concept of being able to buy cosmetic items is almost as old as the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    $15 is a lot of money? I think a lot of people need better jobs or something.

a lot of money for a helmet, yes. a lot of money without context? not really. $15 is about £9, thats not even what im paid an hour at work so not a lot of money, but more than im willing to spend on one bit of armor.
    dragonmaw - EU

A subscription only allows you access to the content, nothing more. As has been said, if you don't want to play with those people, you are free to leave the group, and cancel your subscription.

I mean, if my $ could dictate what and how other's get stuff... you'd be limited to greens and the only way to get it would be to walk backwards around the entire world while shouting "I'm a pretty pony" over and over, twice.

People who are too stupid to support such greedy and awful actions deserve the kicks. They deserve worse.

I'm not sure why people aren't stopping to think that it's not the helms so much people are worried about, but the thought of what comes next.

First it was pets, Blizzard rim jobbers sat there going "It's just pets noobs! It's not going to cause any harm!", and at the time they were JUST pets, they did nothing, now they are part of a battle system and achievements.

Second it was Mounts "It's just pets that do nothing and mounts, who the F cares!?" and believe it or not but the mounts are semi-shortcuts, and count towards achievements (Shortcuts because you don't have to purchase a mount in game)

Now it's transmog Helms, for $15 I may add. "It's just a transmog item, if you care you're poor!", and now there are items, to use to IMPROVE your character's overall look, something that should be important to any and all MMO players. Having a cool looking character (Or whatever flavour you like, funny/scary etc) is a huge portion of these games, that's exactly why transmog was implemented in the first place.

So what's next? Player boosting items for XP/Honor/Currency etc? We know the Experience one is already being looked at.

Where does this end? Where should the people opposed to such a path start to protest? When you deem that Blizzard has officially gone too far? Then it would be too late. There was quite the uproar about these items being put in the cash store (Transmog Helms) and you know what happened? They implemented them as soon as possible. Why did they implement them? Look at the previous quarter report, and pay attention to the next one coming. Blizzard as a company is trying to make as much money as they possibly can, with as little work as possible. Yeah, people may say "That's how businesses work bro!" but it isn't entirely true. There are some businesses that pride themselves with the quality of their work. They don't run their product down and sell you extras on it knowing full well that the fanboys and girls will buy it up.

These micro-transactions are a complete slap int he face, and it is really sad to see how people don't understand this. Instead of Blizzard improving the quality of their game, to make more money, they throw items at the player base for a quick buck. That's why they are doing it, and that is the only reason, and you're letting them do it.

So, people opposed to the micro-transactions, aren't just against some Transmog Helmets, they are against Blizzard making a quick buck, rather than improving the quality of the game and bringing more subs t the game.

I would also like to point out that a game called "Rift" which has recently gone F2P with a cash shop, sells entire transmog outfits for less than $15usd. Different games different prices I know, but Rift relies on those sales to stay afloat, why is the sub based game's item much more expensive? Because they only care about money, and making it as fast as possible without regard for the quality of the game.

TL;DR
    The people opposing the cash shop are opposing Blizzard for turning a quick buck rather than improving the quality of their game and bringing in more subscribers. Has nothing to do with the actual items, but the ethics behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It's like store bought pets have never existed in the game or something. You should start a thread raging about store bought pets and how that's unfair to people who don't want to pay cash for content they should get with their sub.

I've never bought anything from the cash shop, but to me the pets are WAY more tempting than silly transmog pieces.
    Again - I dont think you get what this is all about. This is no longer just about some Blizzard web store items. I think most ppl are seeing this going much further and they see good time and opportunity now to react to it while they still can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Exactly, but they won't cancel their sub. So they are going to take it out on random players which is fucking sad. Fuck those people.
    Indeed, its sad that some players can't really back up what they preach.

"I don't support Blizzard and they need to be punished for what they're doing. I'll still give them $15 a month, but man I'm really against them." in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's a little petty, but it's far worse to act as an enabler for horrible business practices.

Just remember that next month when your mom sends your allowance to Blizzard, hypocrite.

OT: Define "quite a few"... I've seen them all over and haven't seen or heard of anyone kicked. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    People who are too stupid to support such greedy and awful actions deserve the kicks. They deserve worse.
    Ohh we got a tough guy over here ladies...