Poll: How would you feel had Green Fire been a store option?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Wouldn't have a problem with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Didn't you say you are done with this forum/such threads?
    No i said i was done with that thread because of people that couldnt argue.

Like:

"None of Blizzards games have P2win"

Me: "RMAH?"

Them: "Uh yeah but its a different game?"

Well i wonder how long WoW will survive when all the haters are gone.. propably wont even hit the 5 mill mark the next expansion. We are the ones who made this game survive long enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Kaarenthad was easy? Oh don't show off, hardcore warlocks have said it was overtuned.. how about you do it without a demonic gateway.
    Overtuned? Why would hardcore warlocks say this? It is more a skill check in mechanics than a gear check. The only thing gear will do is make the fight last less long, allowing you to make less mistakes in the meantime. But you will die if you make a mistake either way. It has been done with warlocks in full PvP gear, and warlocks with full LFR gear from T14.

There are various tactics, with and without Demonic Gateway. With Banish/Fear Doom Lord and without. With soaking Chaos Bolt and LoSing it. Demonic Gateway will be nerfed in 5.4, but we will also get drums of heroism. In 5.4 you can, with LFR gear, easily skip the second felhunter phase. Since the felhunter phase is the most difficult and the rest is a rinse and repeat the quest is essentially nerfed.

So if you had 483 gear and you started green fire then yes he was hard and you would get 2nd Doom Lord and all that. But if you had full heroic 509 gear you'd probably not even get 2nd felhunters. Now with an ilvl of 530 you will certainly not get a 2nd felhunter phase which essentially means if you follow the same tactics after 1st felhunter phase (you survive that, the hardest part where you need to do good multi target damage and positioning) it is a kill without having to even use a purification potion which means you can use a pot during execute phase when he casts Cataclysm. Knowing the gear level and skill level of my warlock alt I estimate the average warlock being able to indeed kill him before the second felhunter phase. Heck probably even before the 2nd imps because at start you can prepot, pop all CDs and get heroism.

I don't have any problem with cash shop even if they are unique there, or do something minor like a XP increase. As long as it isn't buy to win. You can argue the BMAH is that, but I see it rather as a money sink. If they added green fire as a buy option I'd have no problem with it, but preferably I'd like to see a FoS achievement for beating Kanrethad.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Some of you would be rightfully outraged (though some apologists would simply not care)
    Creates poll

Says one answer is the correct one
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Since I did the whole green questline I would've been pretty angry. It was one of my favorite things about MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Kaarenthad was easy? Oh don't show off, hardcore warlocks have said it was overtuned.. how about you do it without a demonic gateway.
    It took me ~20 tries to down him with 485 LFR gear. Would you consider this overtuned?
    Has nothing to do with showing off, but with personal perception and experience.

Also, why would I kill him without a gateway? It's like saying do it without a healthstone or without enslaving the pit lord.
    If you don't make full use of your class abilities, it's your own fault.

Oh, and please show me the hardcore locks that said it's overtuned (not challenging, overtuned).
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-21 at 12:49 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the store, so flipping out would have been my natural reaction. I don't even play my warlock anymore, but if they can do it for the warlock class, they can do it for every other class.

People defending Blizzard are just LOL. They use tricks like trying to shift the burden of proof to us critics, which really doesn't convince anyone hence result in thread after thread about the cash shop. The reality is, if they can do it once they can do it again. The trust is gone. It's like trusting a serial killer to not kill again, because I mean "slippery slope" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not sure you can compare them. Yes, they are cosmetic, but in very different ways. Changing all the spell animations requires a lot more work than simply having an intern model a helmet in a day.
    Altering the colour values of a few textures is harder that modelling and texturing a helmet from scratch ... right ...

Deleted
    When I got my green fire at 490 ilvl I was full of joy... I had to try a few hours in order to get it and figure out how to deal with the Felhunters. When I died along with the boss but still got green fire because the green fire event was triggered by him reaching 0 hp it felt sooooooooooooooooooooooo good! Now if that was a store spell change I wouldn't even both getting it as it would have been worthless imo... I love green fire the way it is now. You could say that nothing would change about green fire being green fire but the fact that I worked hard for it gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride about my green fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Now if that was a store spell change I wouldn't even both getting it as it would have been worthless imo...
    Guess I still would have gotten it. Never was a big fan of the regular orange fire on warlocks.
    However I do agree that it felt much better to get it after defeating the boss.
    By buying it...it simply would be another colour for my spells. Another purely cosmetic effect. But there wouldn't be any sense of accomplishment at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully support the Blizzard store but I think that putting green fire or anything similar would be a mistake. Granted if it were on the store I'd still buy it, but that sort of defeats the fun of getting the green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why do you think that what's right for other games, is automatically right for WoW? Do you really think the revenue from the cash shop is anything like comparable to the revenue from Subs themselves?

The reason it works for other games is that they have considerably smaller, more 'hardcore' playerbases who inevitably have more investment in the game and are more likely to invest more per-head in the game. At this point, it's very much the other way around for WoW, most players will pay for a few months of subscription then stop and start again at the next patch, they won't invest further for micro-transactions because they're not as invested in the game and they'll get less out of them. Going F2P with micro-transaction sustainence would be the right way to go about driving those players away.

You should thank and want to keep the casuals, because it is they who make the sub-model work for WoW.
    Claiming that hardcore players are going to quit because the game goes free-to-play is ridiculous, if anything more of them will be coming back. The most hardcore players (gladiators, top raiders, rbg players etc) don't care about the addition of the cash shop.

I'm guessing you read the rest of my brilliant speech so I don't want to repeat my reasoning for why the cash shop is more profitable. When I finish my book about WoW going B2P I will send you a copy for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Claiming that hardcore players are going to quit because the game goes free-to-play is ridiculous, if anything more of them will be coming back. The most hardcore players (gladiators, top raiders, rbg players etc) don't care about the addition of the cash shop.

I'm guessing you read the rest of my brilliant speech so I don't want to repeat my reasoning for why the cash shop is more profitable. When I finish my book about WoW going B2P I will send you a copy for free.
    Did you even read my post? I'm not claiming hardcore players would quit. Quite the opposite. I'm saying that's all that would be left, and there wouldn't be nearly enough of them to be spending enough that Blizz could afford to make anything like the same quality and quantity of content they now experience.

Given the class exclusivity of the green fire, then it would have caused a lot of outrage.
    The helms are usable by any class or spec, and so are mounts though druids would see less use for them than others due to their unique situation with flight form.

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    The diffrence here is that blizz teased us with green fire for a long time (since TBC/WoTLK?) and they SAID they would give us green fire via a quest in-game. Never heard them promise a bat mount. Considering all that I would be outraged with green fire having to be paid for, not so much with the bat mount.
    However, I do generaly disagree with the existance of the blizz store.
    Teased=/=promised it would be free.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Given the class exclusivity of the green fire, then it would have caused a lot of outrage.
    The helms are usable by any class or spec, and so are mounts though druids would see less use for them than others due to their unique situation with flight form.
    And the helms / mounts could have all been tied to great quest lines in game as well... which is generally the point of threads like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be outraged. Vanity items like mounts, pets and the new transmog items is bad enough as it is.

Cosmetic and vanity items might not give any advantage, but I still think that as long as WoW is subscription based. Then There should be very few micro transactions for these kinds of items, they should be obtainable in-game instead or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Did you even read my post? I'm not claiming hardcore players would quit. Quite the opposite. I'm saying that's all that would be left, and there wouldn't be nearly enough of them to be spending enough that Blizz could afford to make anything like the same quality and quantity of content they now experience.
    Yeah I did my bad but you're still wrong, casuals are the people who buy the crap on the store anyway.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So what? It's "optional" as the Blizzard Defence Force would say ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I would be outraged. Vanity items like mounts, pets and the new transmog items is bad enough as it is.

Cosmetic and vanity items might not give any advantage, but I still think that as long as WoW is subscription based. Then There should be very few micro transactions for these kinds of items, they should be obtainable in-game instead or not at all.
    Thing is, there aren't that many. The reason they add more, is because they aren't repeatable purchases in the same way a subscription or character services are.

since the green fire quest is a pain in the ass. I find it outrageous.

But,Farmers are selling green fire quest completion for real cash on my server, this is more outrageous.
    Give the cash to Blizzard instead so they will maybe invest in the game

If people at the first place would stop buying stuff from other people in the game, then maybe we would not have this kind of situation