Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    eeeerm *sigh*, think it like this. Not all the high elves renamed themselves blood elves; the ones that didn't, rejoined the alliance (or never left it) and a sizable group is basically the alliance military of Dalaran.
    You know, instead of throwing a completely random race like the Draenei at the Alliance in tBC it would have made perfect sense for the High Elves to be the new race for "both" factions having them start out in a cavern of time Instance where at the end they could end up sticking to the Alliance before they get kicked to the curb or play til the point they do end up getting shafted and going Blood Elf to eventually join the Horde.

It COULD be part of the Outland overhaul/touch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I've always wanted High Elves but I think this is a better and more realistic solution. Tweak the Human model a bit to make half elves and i think most Alliance players would be satisfied. Plus the Forsaken could get skeletal Vrykul as a model. /drool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Humans could have half elves.

Blood elves could have something similar to the wretched.
    Night elves could have something like Satyr. etc
    I dunno, those naughty humans are sharing that sub race with someone. Or both elf types? Maybe the other parent is a Blood Elf and the Halfs are neutral and choose to side with either mom's or dad's faction. All that forbidden love goodness...

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why they couldn't just offer it as a different model for Night Elves, that is game-wise they are Night Elves but have the High Elf model instead. That way those who want to be High Elves can be, but there isn't any additional balance to be done (although a High Elf Druid is kind of weird, nothing else really is out of place and High Elves would not have Paladins since they didn't do the stuff the Blood Elves did)
    This actually sounds like a good idea to me. I mean the forsaken can have holy and disc priests which makes no sesne. Tauren are paladin now too so might as well let nightelves be highelves too (with paladin & druids as available options).

This way Alliance QQers can get their highelves to RP on and the alliance doesnt have to have two elf races.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

I want a gnome/blood elf half breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    I've always wanted High Elves but I think this is a better and more realistic solution. Tweak the Human model a bit to make half elves and i think most Alliance players would be satisfied. Plus the Forsaken could get skeletal Vrykul as a model. /drool
    It's not Blizzard style to just "tweak" a race and be done with it. Generally they're gonna polish the hell out of something before they release it. So I don't ever expect a half-assed (har har) race like half-elves to be added into the game.

For high elves to be playable the horde needs a "look a like race" from the alliance to balance it all out. Because if the alliance gets high elves and the horde gets a brand new race all hell is going to break loose. I mean do we really need more horde favoritism threads? . To me the best time for blizz to have added high elves would have been in tbc, instead of the draenei allies gets high elves and horde gets blood elves because it would have been balanced and fair at that point. But seeing how blood elves been on the horde for x amount of years there would a big fallout from horde playerbase about "losing" one of they're playable races to the alliance. To answer the question of "Do we still want high elves as a playable race?" yes a small yet vocal portion of the alliance fanbase will always want playable high elves. I personally don't mind having high elves playable as long as the horde gets to play as one of the alliance's playable races. However I highly doubt blizz will make high elves a playable race and I believe that the next big feature of the next expac would be new player models rather then new races anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenedfist View Post
    However I highly doubt blizz will make high elves a playable race and I believe that the next big feature of the next expac would be new player models rather then new races anyways.
    IMHO, opening a currently faction-specific race to the other faction would fulfill the "requirements" of giving each faction a new race, while also giving them the free resources necessary to upgrade the standing race's models. It'd also be a good opportunity to stickytape Quel'thalas and Azuremyst onto the rest of the world.

Of course, any 'suggestions' at this point are pretty much pointless, as Blizzard's already well into the development cycle of their next expac.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.