Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Furbolgs and even more elves aren't going to bring many people back to the game or attract new people. Blizz needs something big.

I think we should get subraces instead of new races. There's just no more obvious lore choices

-whatever troll tribe you want
    -different orc clans
    -high elves
    -highborne
    -half orcs
    -broken
    the list literally goes on

*or* go further in depth with the existing races so the only difference between me playing a human or night elf isnt a racial pvp trinket or a camouflage worthless to anyone but rogues
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-07-22 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I never understood why High Elves are so popular among alliance players. Blood Elves with blue eyes...really? More playable elves? Nah, fuck that.

I imagine if the Horde gets a semi-giant race, Ogres, then Alliance should also get a big-ass race on their own. The only race that comes to mind are the Vrykul. That would be interesting, from a lore PoV.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blizzard has shown that that is no hindrance with the worgen. Really, if they make High Elves the new race, i'll be pretty pissed. No fan base justifies filling a pretty rare 'player race' spot with a recolored Horde race.
    Worgen didn't have that hinderance because they had 2 legs. Naga mounting would be probably the most stupid looking thing in video game history. And will actually require either A) Naga to not be able to use old mounts, or B) Naga to mount as High Elves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Give Us Ethereals for both the horde and the alliance

Gotta say that race looks badass and with the burning legion hopefully on the horizon would fit right in

They have different leaders so one could choose horde the other alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for high elves to be in game for players to pick from.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure people vote in the peoples' choice awards. lol
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll always take Elves if they're an option, but aside from that I like Furbolg. Anything but Nagas, I think they look disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So to sum that up,

FUCK THE LORE.

?
    We're in a state where the lore matters less and less as newer content comes out. Personally I couldn't care less about the lore as long as the game stays fun.
    Last edited by ACES; 2013-07-22 at 01:49 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they added Tuskarr, I'd rejoin WoW.
    But I'd prefer they didn't add any new races-they need to focus on the stories they haven't fixed up as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Trolls. Blizzard could always retcon it and say some survived.

Instead of new races i think i would prefer more customization for already existing playable races like taunka for tauren, dragonmaw for orcs, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    High elf, the delusion is strong within me.

These are all terrible options.

High Elves would totally make sense, but you'd have to remove Blood Elves from the Horde.

Or maybe just give both factions twelve new kinds of elves each, distinguished solely by eye colour. Hill Elves, Forest Elves, Dark Elves, Gray Elves, Star Elves, Yellow Elves, Pink Elves, Polka Dot Elves, Glass Elves, Stone Elves, Panda Elves, Orc Elves, Mechanical Elves, Comic Sans Elves, Klingon Elves, Underpants Elves, House Elves, Scratch 'n Sniff Elves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    90% of the original High Elf population are Blood Elves. Does it make sense to have an entire player race for 10%? I'd rather see them as NPCs from time to time.

No but seriously do we really need more races?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Worgen were the Alliance beast race, and only then because they are human. Really if the Alliance were very accepting of beast races, Tauren would fit the Alliance more than the Horde, but alas they aren't. High elves are just blech, we already have night elves, Horde got blood elves because they need a non ugly as hell race. Half orcs seem kind of unimaginative. I think if Blizzard was to go through the effort of adding a race, it would need to be unique and interesting compared to current options. Tuskarr, I prefer to pandas but seeing we already have enough cutesy races now with the pandas we don't really need another. Perhaps vrykul.

I honestly don't think we will see more races any time soon. But if we do, I hope they can come up with something interesting as most of the options we can think of really aren't that interesting.

I'd love to see Tol'vir on the Alliance. They are a Titanic race, so would fit in well with the humans, dwarves and gnomes, and in general they just seem a good fit for the Alliance.

Awesome fan-art of female Tol'vir

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely that any non-humanoid races will ever be playable. I just think it would be nice to break the mold for once.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I'd love to see Tol'vir on the Alliance. They are a Titanic race, so would fit in well with the humans, dwarves and gnomes, and in general they just seem a good fit for the Alliance.

Awesome fan-art of female Tol'vir

Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely that any non-humanoid races will ever be playable. I just think it would be nice to break the mold for once.
    I also love the Tol'vir, the thing is that they have the same problem as naga, lower body armor. While I am sure some players would be fine with lower body armor just not appearing, I am not sure Blizzard would be willing to do it.

Wolvar, with Kekek as Leader!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I also love the Tol'vir, the thing is that they have the same problem as naga, lower body armor. While I am sure some players would be fine with lower body armor just not appearing, I am not sure Blizzard would be willing to do it.
    Gosh I love Tol'vir, but the "centaur" model is kind of insurmountable, more so than naga lower armor (my idea, using the boot graphics to texture some sort of tail ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Gosh I love Tol'vir, but the "centaur" model is kind of insurmountable, more so than naga lower armor (my idea, using the boot graphics to texture some sort of tail ring)
    I agree completely. I don't think it is really feasible to have lower body armor, either for Naga or Tol'vir. Even though leg armor currently wraps around the naga, it doesn't really look or feel very natural. If they were going to do it they would have to say "no lower body armor appearances", which I don't think they would do. It would be far too much work to get all the current armor working with and looking good for them.