Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Vanguard was kinda not Sony's fault though. Sigil has fucking terrible financials and still owed Microsoft a ton of money. SoE had been generous enough to front another large sum to keep Sigil around/pay off some of their loans from Microsoft as well as loan Sigil some extra staff to help them work on the game. Microsoft came calling for their loans and Sigil was still way behind schedule (as was normal for the studio due to incompetent leadership) and SoE couldn't/didn't want to pay those off as well. That mean that Sigil brought their staff into the parking lot and fired them all, and the game got launched to use profits to pay off the loan.

People got burned when Tabula Rasa got shut down (mostly because the game was pretty much a wreck and was unprofitable), when Aion didn't live up to the hype everyone built up, and most recently when they shut down CoH. In reality they've been pretty awesome with the studios they own.

Totally agree with EA's involvement with SWTOR, but at the same time I do know that the SWTOR leadership at BioWare Austin was/is pretty incompetent as well : /
    Ok didn't know the entire story on Vanguard. I was in full on hate mode still with SOE due to the handling of SWG and the NGE, and was kind of watching it, but all I remembered was people saying that SOE had forced them to release it early. I can clearly remember though that when they announced that SOE would be handling the billing that we knew they would get their crappy paws on it some how. Guess when it happened we all just assumed that once again SOE had forced a group of devs to release a game way to early.

Seems to me NCsoft isn't really of the same ilk as EA and SOE. NCsoft has just had some flops, were in EA and SOE's case they actually caused some flops.

Absolutely every NCSoft game I have ever played were amazing for a moment, but left a very bitter taste after I inevitably gave up on them. (GW, L2, Aion, GW2). As a side note NCWest provided the absolute worst game support and costumer service I ever experienced.

Not falling for pretty asian graphics ever again.

Deleted
    Please don't be another dull mmo rpg...