Question about 75% off of WoW.and RAF

My girlfriend wants a recruit a friend mount, and I want a few easy alts... so I was thinking of picking up the 4.99 WoW and paying for one round of game time on it, during that game time, I will obviously level alts, and she will get her reward.

Now is there any way to transfer characters from that account onto my main account, and stop paying for game time on the 4.99 account.

If you have done this / know how to do this please let me know, I don't want to pay for 2 accounts but if I can merge before the next payment I will pick them up and do RAF

Any tips and tricks?! Thanks.
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-11-27 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    My girlfriend wants a recruit a friend mount, and I want a few easy alts... so I was thinking of picking up the 4.99 WoW and paying for one round of game time on it, during that game time, I will obviously level alts, and she will get her reward.

Now is there any way to transfer characters from that account onto my main account, and stop paying for game time on the 4.99 account.

If you have done this / know how to do this please let me know, I don't want to pay for 2 accounts but if I can merge before the next payment I will pick them up and do RAF

Also, what does RAF go up to now? Is MOP worth picking up, I assume you would have to, if you merged to a MOP account.

Any tips and tricks?!
    It seems according to this link
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...fer-faq-201703

"The Character Transfer feature allows you to move characters to other realms or accounts registered in your name. The cost of each paid character transfer is 20€ /£15 per character. More information on the Character Transfer service, as well as restrictions and disclaimers can be found below."

That's what me and a friend are going to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    It seems according to this link
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...fer-faq-201703

"The Character Transfer feature allows you to move characters to other realms or accounts registered in your name. The cost of each paid character transfer is 20€ /£15 per character. More information on the Character Transfer service, as well as restrictions and disclaimers can be found below."

That's what me and a friend are going to try.
    Seems kind of pricey though no? I didn't know it was that expensive.

Seems kind of pricey though no? I didn't know it was that expensive.
    yep, if u want to do it cheaply, level the chars on ur current account, otherwise that's ur option

A few things about this- firstly, if the GF wants the RAF mount, then the WoW license/Battle.net account that she's -playing from needs to be the veteran. Only the veteran license/account who sends out the invite will be eligible for the mounts/pets. Now, what she can do is RAF Betrayed's existing BNet which will prompt Betrayed to click the link in the invite email, and start a new WoW license on their own BNet. If this newly created license is then upgraded, and then has two months of gametime applied to it, then the veteran's license/Battle.net account will be given the option to redeem the pet/mount.

Keep in mind that the RAF pets and mounts are bound to the Battle.net. If these characters transferred to a different Battle.net account they would not take the pet/mount with them.

*To clarify: A Battle.net account can house up to 8 World of Warcraft licences.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-11-27 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    A few things about this- firstly, if the GF wants the RAF mount, then the WoW license/Battle.net account that she's -playing from needs to be the veteran. Only the veteran license/account who sends out the invite will be eligible for the mounts/pets. Now, what she can do is RAF Betrayed's existing BNet which will prompt Betrayed to click the link in the invite email, and start a new WoW license on their own BNet. If this newly created license is then upgraded, and then has two months of gametime applied to it, then the veteran's license/Battle.net account will be given the option to redeem the pet/mount.

Keep in mind that the RAF pets and mounts are bound to the Battle.net. If these characters transferred to a different Battle.net account they would not take the pet/mount with them.

*To clarify: A Battle.net account can house up to 8 World of Warcraft licences.

This would create a WoW 1 and a WoW 2 right? Now say I had all my mains on WoW 1, and WoW 2 had a 85 on it, I need to pay the 25$ fee to transfer that 85 character to WoW 1 with my mains. Or I need to pay 2 sub fees to keep them both going correct? Not hating just making sure I know my options 100%.

This would create a WoW 1 and a WoW 2 right? Now say I had all my mains on WoW 1, and WoW 2 had a 85 on it, I need to pay the 25$ fee to transfer that 85 character to WoW 1 with my mains. Or I need to pay 2 sub fees to keep them both going correct? Not hating just making sure I know my options 100%.
    Correct. I just finished RaF with a mate i now run 2 wow accounts. since mt raf account is paid up till Jan sometime. So you have 2 options. 1st is paty 25$ for each charc and move them to wow1 or pay the 15$ sub fee for 2 accounts and run that. The choice is really yours on how you wish to run everything
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Correct. I just finished RaF with a mate i now run 2 wow accounts. since mt raf account is paid up till Jan sometime. So you have 2 options. 1st is paty 25$ for each charc and move them to wow1 or pay the 15$ sub fee for 2 accounts and run that. The choice is really yours on how you wish to run everything
    Any idea if when time runs out on 2, if I can still swap a char over later to wow 1? OR does it have to be subbed too and active to swap a char off it.

Any tips and tricks?! Thanks.
    Also wanted to point out on this in order for her to get the months you must pay 2 months on your raf account and the person you are doing it with gets 1 month free (first payment) and then reward of their choice (second payment)

Any idea if when time runs out on 2, if I can still swap a char over later to wow 1? OR does it have to be subbed too and active to swap a char off it.
    It has to be subbed/free 7 day trial that sometimes comes out. Tried it with an older account of mine and said I needed an active sub. I tried activating a free 7 day trial it got and then it allowed me to transfer since it's considered "subbed"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Also wanted to point out on this in order for her to get the months you must pay 2 months on your raf account and the person you are doing it with gets 1 month free (first payment) and then reward of their choice (second payment)

It has to be subbed/free 7 day trial that sometimes comes out. Tried it with an older account of mine and said I needed an active sub. I tried activating a free 7 day trial it got and then it allowed me to transfer since it's considered "subbed"
    That seems like it should be fixed and allowing un subbed accounts, and yeah I know about the 2 months, thanks for the heads up though.

That seems like it should be fixed and allowing un subbed accounts, and yeah I know about the 2 months, thanks for the heads up though.
    Probably should be fixed but at the same time in order for you to access the new account the system has to consider you active. So unless they wanted to add more strings to their billing and such it's just probably easier to do it that way considering not many people know about it or do it. Only reason I saw it was because I didn't want to pay $15 to reactivate it then transfer 1 toon and then have an empty account.

You don't need an active sub to transfer a character from a frozen account to an active one. I've done this more than once (the latest one being last week).

If it doesn't let you do it (eg website error) you just have to come back later and do it.