Poll: Your opinion on the matter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    LFR is a difficulty. People have requested that Flex/Normal/Heroic be queuable, only to be met with flames.
    Have you done Normal or Heroic modes this expansion?

I assure you, the average PuG group would be 100% stonewalled by even the easiest heroic bosses. They would struggle mightily with some of the more difficult normals, too (Will of the Emperor, Lei Shen, Iron Qon, Durumu). There's no point in these difficulties being queueable if they're impossible for that audience. It really has nothing to do with skill (Although the average player's skill is vastly lower than necessary for Heroics). Coordination is the problem. You can't get a group of random people to mesh well enough to tackle real content.

LFR groups are already a nightmare if you don't manage to get in with raider alts on Tuesdays. I made the mistake of waiting until Monday to do LFR on my alt last week. Huge blunder on my part. I think I spent over 2 hours in ToT2.

I don't need to hear 100 reasons why it won't work ... the way I see it progressive LFR is WoWs way how to compete with MOBA games feature wise. If Blizz can't pull it off ... tough luck but I can't see the subscription to go anywhere but down. And it's not really an issue of WoW only, but MMORPGs in general.

Also ppl keep repeating that lf groups can't make it, but there is plenty of former normal/hc raiders in LFR nowdays ... other argumetns aside that on it's own counters that argument. You just need to filter those guys into a raid and the group has a fighting chance.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Also ppl keep repeating that lf groups can't make it, but there is plenty of former normal/hc raiders in LFR nowdays ... other argumetns aside that on it's own counters that argument. You just need to filter those guys into a raid and the group has a fighting chance.
    How would you do that? Group similarly-progressed players together, based on completed achievements and mode of completion of those achievements, or maybe boss kills (since those statistics are kept track of)? So then the players currently asking for it (who haven't raided normals) would end up being grouped with others who haven't completed normals, and at least some subset of that group would be the type of players who troll all the content they participate in, and another subset would be those who can't tolerate wipes, meaning you'd still have the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I kinda feel like you, I despise heroic modes in their current iteration, loved them in Ulduar. Anyway, I cant really fit a set schedule and don't want to hold up 9/24 other people to be waiting on me when I cannot make it. But I am however hopeful that the new Flex system is the answer for people like us that want better gear, but don't have the schedule to do Normal/ HC.

lol asking for a LFR for normal....or even heroic is like asking for a random 3v3 rated arena queue, yeh i'd like to queue for 3v3 rated games with totally random teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    How would you do that? Group similarly-progressed players together, based on completed achievements and mode of completion of those achievements, or maybe boss kills (since those statistics are kept track of)? So then the players currently asking for it (who haven't raided normals) would end up being grouped with others who haven't completed normals, and at least some subset of that group would be the type of players who troll all the content they participate in, and another subset would be those who can't tolerate wipes, meaning you'd still have the same results.
    So what. You meet trolls and players who give up in every game. Big whop. In some games you are stucked with them, in WoW you can vote kick them. That's ez mode.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what. You meet trolls and players who give up in every game. Big whop. In some games you are stucked with them, in WoW you can vote kick them. That's ez mode.
    The ToT's and T14's I ran on my Tankadin were much easier when the flamers got kicked. I agree with this.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

OP wanted to increase the difficulty ... it's the current state of LFR that makes it mindless. And saying that person who can't sacrifice every other night to WoW has something extremely important going on in his life is a stretch. And going back to MOBA example, MOBA games are lfr style, they have social interaction and they are as difficult as you can manage ... yet when ppl want the same from WoW lfr they are turned down saying it's impossible.

If Blizz wants to stop the sub bleeding maybe they should try.
    Moba games are pvp, not pve. You can compare it to arena, not to raiding. They got a mmr system , which I don't think could work for lfr at all. Can people stop beeing lazy and feel entitled to all content already... Work for it, or play something else. The Game hasn't changed to make it harder for less skilledful players to do stuff, so stop trying to dumb down the game even more and play a different game if you can't manage what it has to offer.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

So, what would happen if you got into a normal mode pug, with people who could only handle LFR style mechanics, and it was a general struggle for you and your raid? You didn't explain much of your opinions, so that was a serious question, not just me trying to bash you for your view of this. My view is just that the people who play in LFR do it because not only does it suit their play style, but it also suits their skill level. A random normal mode raid might suit your play style and skill level, but I just wonder how many people would be in the same boat. I do LFR on my alts that I just leveled that I wouldn't wish on anyone to have to put up with in normal modes, but I get by in LFR fine.

I am hoping flex raiding really opens up the old server pugging community, and that might be a big win for you. You can join someone's PuG posting in trade and just run with them. Or join a very casual guild that doesn't raid normals much right now, and choose from who is online to do flex.

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Moba games are pvp, not pve. You can compare it to arena, not to raiding. They got a mmr system , which I don't think could work for lfr at all. Can people stop beeing lazy and feel entitled to all content already... Work for it, or play something else. The Game hasn't changed to make it harder for less skilledful players to do stuff, so stop trying to dumb down the game even more and play a different game if you can't manage what it has to offer.
    You can't compare it to arena ... you can compare it to rbg. But there is no point playing rbg in WoW when you can play MOBAs. The interesting thing about WoW is raiding ... and I think WoW has a lot to gain if they can offer it in package ppl like so much in MOBA games. But you know ... WoW is doing better than ever, so maybe Blizz does not have to do anything.

Deleted
    I see TS has totally missed out on the Flexible Raid-system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    LFR is a difficulty. People have requested that Flex/Normal/Heroic be queuable, only to be met with flames.
    Because these other difficulties carry consequences by having random people in it. It even does as Pugging. Flex though, is an opening for more pug friendly people. But these difficulties are not like LFR, you can almost sleep through LFR and still be alive. It's different in the others. You want people to be ready to raid, you want people to be able to communicate, you want people to know what to do. You don't wish to share your loot rolls with a random, making everyone roll that system. Many runs have a setup up of, "You don't need the gear, then DE it for enchants or crafted gear for new members".

Bring a queue system to these difficulties, you do not bring the security you had before. No one can know if you've done the fights or not. And if you have, none can know if you've actually done your part.

It's not being a troll for liking a queue system. But you have to know, many raiders wants a secure setting when they go through the content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I voted other, to wit: your poll choices are stupid. On the actual topic, well, in theory I have nothing against it, but in practice I see it as a waste of dev time and resources for what I expect would get little to no benefit for the game, so...no. No, I don't think so.

Deleted
    Hmm there is something to be said for perhaps having a cross-server PuG system for normal level raids which opens up only if you have cleared the raid on normal difficulty on a character already.

I voted 'Other.'

LFR is a great tool to see the content if you're a casual player and can't make the schedules. You get some entry-level gear that's cool and pretty and helps in getting into the harder modes, too.
    However, raiding is, first and foremost, a social experience. You are expected to join a guild that raids, and become strong through team-work and getting to know your team. That takes time, however...
    And if you do not have the time for that, LFR still grants you the content you paid for.

So if you want to do the social thing, then join up with a team. That's what it's there for.