Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If he did nothing it would have been called animal abuse as well.

People expect people to act perfectly in stressing & dangerous situations. People have too high expectations.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And so it finally happened on 26.07.2013 - MMO-Champion General Off-Topic was unanimous in its opinion on a topic.
    What?

*making new account to disagree*

dude it's kevin rose how is this guy not dead yet from all that booze drinking!
    this guy is a tv celeb small one but still one so it'll prob get blown out of proportion

protect your family!

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I cruelly chuckled. It looked like a stuffed animal, the way he picked it up and threw it overhand. He sure didn't go easy on it, that's for sure. I was expecting a little underhand throw, but nope, he full out put it up to his shoulders, stepped into it and let it fly.
    Adrenaline does that.

On topic, it was pure self defense, or in that case, defense of a member of its family (yes people consider pets like that often). Animal abuse is hurting animals for shits and giggles, the guy didn't go out in the wood to find racoons to throw. I'm all for defending animals right and i utterly despise real abusers but hippies need to put down the pipe and be rational too.

Deleted
    I would do the same. Just as someone mentioned, you mess with my beloved pet, you mess with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raccoon tossing for new Olympic sport!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like raccoons, they are cool beasts, but they have a place, that place is not on my property attacking my dog. I would have beat that beast down with a bat. Would do the same even if it was another dog. Not because I want to, but because my dog is part of my family and defending my family from attack is not something to take lightly.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Down the stairs MAY be a bit tough, but he was defending his animal and himself from a wild animal that probably had rabies. If animal rights extremists want to call for his blood, let them. They along with all the other idiots who just want to fight because they want to fight need to realise noone cares for/about them, infact we wish they'd all just blow away. They are not smart, tough or cool. They're like 2 year olds.

Abuse? Not at all. If something is attacking one of my cats I'm gonna kick it, hit it, hell, I'll pull my pocket knife and stab if that's what it takes to stop it. I have no desire to hurt an animal, but my pets take priority over any wild animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to start my day after reading Youtube comments, or I may just jump in front of a bus 15 times purely by accident, but if it's just the comments in the video calling him an animal abuser then I really wouldn't be worried about it. Youtube comments are about as respected as the wall the raccoon hit with his face.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

If a raccoon attacks my dog i would kill the raccoon simple as that, the man was saving his dog nothing wrong with that

RJW brought me here....and all that

With that said, would do the same thing.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see a problem with it, and I really love my animals and come from a family full of animal lovers.
    The guy was protecting his dog. He didn't do anything sadistic to the raccoon that deliberately caused excess of harm.

Personally though I wouldn't have thrown it with such gusto.

On the flip side if somebody attacked me you'd be right in assuming I'd want my dog to protect me as well. It goes both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I wonder if I'm the only one who burst out laughing when the raccoon hit his face against the wall.
    It was pretty hilarious watching the raccoon soar through the air. Ofcourse I'll admit that was on the third view cause I was a bit more concerned with the dog on the first two views.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-26 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't really see a problem with it, and I really love my animals and come from a family full of animal lovers.
    The guy was protecting his dog. He didn't do anything sadistic to the raccoon that deliberately caused excess of harm.

Personally though I wouldn't have thrown it with such gusto.

On the flip side if somebody attacked me you'd be right in assuming I'd want my dog to protect me as well. It goes both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

It was pretty hilarious watching the raccoon soar through the air. Ofcourse I'll admit that was on the third view cause I was a bit more concerned with the dog on the first two views.
    i find it funny how people can even think about animal abuse in this case , makes me think how many retarded people there are out there. YOUR DOG WAS BEING ATTACKED BY AN ANIMAL , U KILL OR ATTACK THE ANIMAL, SAVING UR DOG , animal abuse , gg u cant win against those people. wud u rather the racoon kill ur dog then be killed by the dogs owner ?

Having my own dog who I love just as much as any family member I would do the exact same thing, people with a pet animal will understand, if anything was hurting my pooch it would get a swift boot regardless of what species it was. And that's coming from someone that adores animals.

If that is animal abuse, then what would it be if that was a human that was being attacked and not a dog? Yeah, that's right. Nothing. If anything that dog was a victim of animal abuse, just cause it was wild it was alright? stupid people are stupid.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2013-07-26 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    I think you're all getting the wrong end of the stick.

This raccoon was trying to SAVE the dog.

The man has a dog toaster. He literally cooks dogs like a pop tart on a daily basis and this brave raccoon was trying to save his latest victim.

How can you support this man? You should be ashamed.

No way I would have touched that thing with my bare hands but I sure would have punted that thing if it was attacking my dog.

Fairly obvious that the raccoon is going to bite the heck out of him if he holds onto it so grabbing it and flinging it out of your hands as fast as possible is going to be a natural reaction if you want to pull it away from the dog. Or, you could just let them bite each other till one is dead.

-Nish
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    Fairly obvious that the raccoon is going to bite the heck out of him if he holds onto it so grabbing it and flinging it out of your hands as fast as possible is going to be a natural reaction if you want to pull it away from the dog. Or, you could just let them bite each other till one is dead.

-Nish
    The poor thing wasn't even fighting back because it was in pain, it didn't stand a chance. And if that went on any longer, the dog would of probably been infected by rabbies later killing it anyway. He did the right thing for that raccoon and the dog.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2013-07-26 at 11:50 AM.

His dog is being attacked, by an animal prone to rabies which could mean his dog would need to be put down ...

I would've crushed the fucking raccoon's head under my boot, screw picking it up!