Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

WoW:MoP down to only 6.15 million active subscribers

The following charts come from a post at the official forums:

I figured the community would like to see the above graphs.

"WoW":MoP now has got less subscribers than the TBC peak of 8.2 million...

This is really sad. The only reason the above makes me content is because the more subs MoP lose, the closer Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK Legacy-Progression servers get.

I really miss WoW and I'd love to resub to play original WoW. MoP isn't Warcraft IMO so I don't want to play it.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I don't think that active gamers are same as active subscribers

Also it looks like prediction rather than actual blizzard report

"Purcentage" for the line graph header. Also, the combined total for reasons went from ~18% to ~60%. Everyone else quit without a reason or something?

Many lolz were had in the making of those I think
    Last edited by Tarien; 2013-07-28 at 03:08 PM.

6.15m active players, that`s almost half of what they advertised with a couple of years ago.
    just goes to show that simplicity isnt always the key to a good game i guess

I like how on the chart is says "pay to win helmet transmog, in game store xp" ... seems legit

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the Chinese text and filed it away as fake.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really surprised honestly I mean I know myself most of the accounts which are "Active" according to blizzard is nearly 10% bots and keep in mind WoW isn't a new game. Its an old game so it will keep losing subs and honestly I'm the same with you, I feel that MoP isn't warcraft, its just that I hated this expansion. And 1 more thing is that blizz said that they will never make legacy servers as that topic has been discussed to death and people will keep discussing it. Want to feel some nostalgia? Just play a private server.

Couldnt look any more fake

Deleted
    Seriously. the more subs decline the more likely you think Blizzard will spend money to create and maintain servers with the net result being a further fragmentation of the existent playerbase will be?

Deleted
    There are no sources or anything like it on any of these pics.

Deleted
    That first graph is really dubious, apart from it just being a prediction (Subs go up AND down, not just down. Next expansion they'll soar again as they always do then gradually slip until the NEXt expansion), "pay to win helmet transmog" what? How is a transmog item pay to win?

All this stuff is usually just random speculation, an excuse to bash something you don't like as the reason for all the losses (usually LFR), or a thinly veiled "TBC/Vanilla was better and they should go back to that model" rant. Without proof this is just some pretty charts without any backing. I could easily make a chart showing that all the sub losses were due to the increased raid difficulty and use that as the platform for a rant about removing Heroic raids, and it would be just as valid all everyone and their mother giving "their" opinion on why there is the sub loss and what can be done to fix it (which invariably is "Go back to TBC style" and "Remove LFR" from the same rabid vocal minority every single time)

Purcentage.

Totally legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you no longer want to play why are you concerned with how many people do ?

Link?

No?

Why am I not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Link to official post?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7860526172
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

That pic is hilarious. Where does all the data actually come from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    That pic is hilarious. Where does all the data actually come from?
    Common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Official post != Post done by some Joe Sixpack on the official forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes this even more unbelievable is the stupid IGN logo someone has put on it to make it look "official".