Deleted

Tablet for my mom

Hi,

My sister and I are looking to buy our mom a tablet, it will be used mainly for skyping, and just browsing in general. We are looking for something user friendly that's relatively easy to use, since my mom is pretty bad at electronics in general. We were also considering buying her a laptop, but I think a Tablet would be more suitable for her. Our budget is ~250 $.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

I got my mom a kindle fire this past christmas and she loves it. My mom can't even use a computer but loves that tablet lol.

The nexus 7 2 has just been released, might want to look into that.

Also check out (always good to try these "hands on" if you can) the Nook HD/Nook HD+. They're clearing out inventories so they are a real bargain right now in both the 7" and 10" models. Unlike the Kindle Fire HD (which is a perfectly nice tablet - I have the 7" version) it has Google Play access without having to Root the tablet. It also offers a micro SD slot for extra memory to store movie, music, books and photos, and has a higher screen resolution, as well. You can still install the Kindle app if your Mom does ebooks and prefers Amazon. The only con is that the Nook tablets use a proprietary charge cable instead of MicroUSB...and since they're phasing out these tablets, you'd want to buy one or two extra.

Having said all this, if your Mom has an Amazon Prime account, just go for a Kindle Fire HD to get the most out of it.

My only concern with the Nexus 2 is that the original Nexus tablets had some issues that developed over time - who knows if they worked the bugs out (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013..._3464217.html)?

Deleted
    Thank you for the replies, I've looked into the Nexus 2 a little, but it seems it won't release in Europe until mid September which would be a little late. Would you consider the Nook HD easy to use, and is it possible to use Skype on it? As you can probably tell, I really don't know anything about Tablets.

Edit: Ah, I saw that the Nook HD + doesn't have front/back camera, that's a definite no then. I'm gonna look into the Kindle tablets.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2013-07-27 at 10:17 PM.