Poll: Would you play on Vanilla/TBC server?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    - real rotations. For instance, from what I could see, an elemental shaman in classic appeared to cast flame shock, then lightning bolt until they ran out of mana, and then melee'd while getting mana back. No procs, no unique interplay of lightning shield, nothing useful to manage.
    I can assure you no classes had much of the "flow". Rogue worked probably the best, cause it had reliable resource that never ran out. Yet still it was sinister strike x2 - wait - sinister strike - wait -sinister strike -wait -eviscerate. All mana classes aside from hunter were a nightmare to level. If you went full blast, you were OOM within two mobs. Anyone who could equip wand also used those regularly, something which is completely unheard of post Wrath.

I have no desire to go back to BC, get to max level, maybe do a little bit of raiding and then sit there with literally nothing to do. Because the reality was there wasn't much to do at all once you did. I prefer to stay in the present where the game has much more to do, has much more convenience and great features.

Deleted
    Ah yeah.. leveling my mage in Vanilla Hillsbrad, kiting and wanding mobs like crazy because you'd be out of mana after one mob and bored to death of having to take drink breaks. Not really super epic class mechanic. :-)

But I guess it was still fun back then (especially since I was coming MUDs not from EQ as it was a big pile of meh), but going back now would make such a poor trade.

Say what you what about GC, but as a Lead *Systems* Designer - he's done a top job. The game actually has fun and meaningful systems for each class - there's a method to it, it's not just a ad-hoc mess of ideas it was back then.

Probably not no. Raided both eras when they were current content and while it was extremely fun at the time, i don't think the magic can simply be recreated by adding vanilla/tbc/wotlk servers. A lot of the reason i enjoyed raiding back then was the people i raided with. They're gone now and won't ever be coming back.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies