Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    I am confused.
    God, get with it MP, greatest of all time. Duhhhh.

With there being zero beast bosses and us being haste capped the value of troll starts to decrease once you hit that level. With the new amp trinket giving us an increase of 14% of our current stats( which wont always line up with zerking, so not that much of a gain there) making the extra 425 of extra stats insane. With us most likely dropping to the 14000's break points and going int gems again goblin gets more int than panda till you have a large amount of stats on your gear. And with the tof buff, goblin gets more of the higher increase due the 3 min cd on troll. Both races will be viable but goblin might finally come ahead.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

rocket boots aren't too terrible, either. i'm still not so sure that trolls won't be better just due to our damage between DP burn phases being so bad - even if berserking isn't 'ideal', it's still better than buffs to non insanity mindflay.

they really need to do a better job with racials pvp/pve wise next expac. it's kinda silly how on 5.2 patch day basically every raiding dps racechanged troll.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-30 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    it's kinda silly how on 5.2 patch day basically every raiding dps racechanged troll.
    I'll never understand why people who are neither in Method or Paragon (i.e. not competing for World First), nor a guild battling for at least Realm First with another guild on their realm, should actually care about racials at all. It's like "ye, I'm gonna go Troll to be top5 DPS in LFR, and farm HC Jin'Rohk 'till next patch".. Good investment.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I'll never understand why people who are neither in Method or Paragon (i.e. not competing for World First), nor a guild battling for at least Realm First with another guild on their realm, should actually care about racials at all. It's like "ye, I'm gonna go Troll to be top5 DPS in LFR, and farm HC Jin'Rohk 'till next patch".. Good investment.
    Just b/c not battling for realm first or top 5/10/100/1000 right at this very moment doesn't mean people don't have aspirations to. I think the price of it is a bit silly, but I think if someone has the means, min/maxing in every way possible is good.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Goats and Goblins.

if you consider the $20 or whatever it costs an 'investment' you should probably stop playing wow.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    if you consider the $20 or whatever it costs an 'investment' you should probably stop playing wow.
    How is that in any way related to what I said? 1 euro, or 2000 euros, a waste is a waste. I'm pretty sure you can take your GF/BF/friend out for those 20 euros, no matter where you live.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think Euro Veiled hates us

How is that in any way related to what I said? 1 euro, or 2000 euros, a waste is a waste. I'm pretty sure you can take your GF/BF/friend out for those 20 euros, no matter where you live.
    ill take you out on a date for 20 euros

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, so all those who went from UD to troll lately can go F themselves with their ugly characters.
    If they removed all racials, 99% of the Horde would be Undead, like it used to be in Vanilla, when people actually played the race because they like it, not because it's 0.0001% more DPS (which most people can't even make use of).
    Or because Will of the Forsaken gave 20 seconds of Fear/Sleep/Charm immunity in addition to breaking said effects? Even after they nerfed it to 5 seconds when BWL was released, it was still the #1 PvP racial until Wrath came out and took the immunity away and introduced EMFH. Should also remind you that pvp trinkets only removed 3 effects based on your class and were on a 5m CD while wotf was on a 2m cd. It was the most OP racial in the game's history.

Horde all rolled Undead for a reason back then, just like Alliance priests all rolled Dwarf for Fear Ward back when it was a 30s CD 10m Duration. People flocking to a race because of racials is nothing new, it's just more common with the addition of race changes.

Let's not even mention Elune's Grace and how terrible that was in Vanilla.
    "Reduces ranged damage taken by 95 and increases chance to dodge by 10% for 15 sec. 5 Minute cooldown."

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how many hundreds+ the monthly sub fee adds up to i dont rly get that argument. Its cool to not min/max for sure it wont make/break u but i wont ever see how doing so is a 'waste'.

Deleted
    I really dont think that Shadow is that Bad.

You will have alot of longevity Multitarget fights, which is nice for our 2 Set Bonus.

Then you have the increase proccrate of FDCL, if you combine that with DI and the Shadow 4 set, shadow should be "fine".

Although every single class in the game does more singletarget DPS, shadow need's 3-4 targets to get competitive singletarget DPS.

And to that Racial thing, in my ilvl 549 the Racial is about 10k DPS. Which is alot. So im not sure if changing to Goblin is worth the Money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really feel like Spriest will move up in the damage rankings next patch, I also do not feel like we will move down either.

I want to see an unbroken line of shadowy apparitions heading towards a target all flying through the air like giant purple bullets (i'm a male panda so they are more like cannonballs). If they do that, then shadow priests will be in a good place ^_^
    Last edited by HeroZero; 2013-07-31 at 07:14 AM.

I am still holding out for a new 4pc

15+ Year Old Account
    with the change to the amp trinket 4pc does feel really weak, no more 600k mind blasts
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-07-31 at 04:08 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    ill take you out on a date for 20 euros
    Now I wish I was a bit more open minded
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-07-31 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    I really dont think that Shadow is that Bad.

You will have alot of longevity Multitarget fights, which is nice for our 2 Set Bonus.

Then you have the increase proccrate of FDCL, if you combine that with DI and the Shadow 4 set, shadow should be "fine".

Although every single class in the game does more singletarget DPS, shadow need's 3-4 targets to get competitive singletarget DPS.
    No one is going to use FDCL even with the increased proc chance, especially not with DI.

Cliche as it sounds, it's not the class, it's the player. Shadow is still better at the moment than it was in BC. I'm not complaining, I've been shadow since Draenei's were released and despite the minor bumps in the road (a couple more than minor), I feel as we have only gotten stronger. Might have gotten a little dps nerf lately, but that's where skill as a player comes in to compensate for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notsoholy View Post
    Cliche as it sounds, it's not the class, it's the player. Shadow is still better at the moment than it was in BC. I'm not complaining, I've been shadow since Draenei's were released and despite the minor bumps in the road (a couple more than minor), I feel as we have only gotten stronger. Might have gotten a little dps nerf lately, but that's where skill as a player comes in to compensate for that.
    That's kind of a false comparison. In TBC there were four archetypes to PvE: DPS, Healers, Tanks, and Support. Shadow was Support back then, not DPS. In WotLK they removed the Support archetype and moved all the Support classes into the DPS Archetype, then distributed Support-utility amongst the DPS specs.

We do more (relative) damage now than we did in TBC, because we are a DPS class now, and were not in TBC. It is akin to saying, 'A Butterfly does more flying than a Caterpillar', but it's pretty bizarre to judge Caterpillars off their potential for flight: we metamorphosed.

Edit: That we are even talking about Shadow's single target DPS in the context of TBC is pretty funny though ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    we are a DPS class now
    This is what I always say when they ask for my Mana Hymn.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-07-31 at 07:04 PM.