Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I wouldn't forget the potential effects of haste on mana in the short term and that most of it's theoretical mana gain which puts it close to crit is actually reliant on good procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I wouldn't forget the potential effects of haste on mana in the short term and that most of it's theoretical mana gain which puts it close to crit is actually reliant on good procs.
    Er, what do you mean? It's not like MW really spends significantly more mana with more Haste like other healers. Excepting SCK which I don't use too much in 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Still want to see the original theorycrafting post if anyone has a link.
    Pored through the MWer sticky to find all this:
    "When to go for the next haste breakpoint" discussions can be found on pages 35, 43, 45, 49, and 53. Not a lot of it is cut-and-dry, but here's Reglitch in post #1044:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch
    You need at least an RPPM trinket and the LMG to offset any gearing out of crit in terms of mana. Secondly, you need an environment where either most of the extra ticks on Renewing Mist are going to be used, or the extra chi generation is required. On fights where both of the latter are present, (early tier tortos, ra-den), you're wise going for haste. When you don't need them you're better to gear crit which helps with dealing with the moments when people are dipping low in bursts.

Deleted
    Just wondering here, i'm sacrificing a bit of crit at the moment to reach the 9158 cap (even though I have a 541 ilvl just no cloak yet) I'm debating going back down to the 6141 cap because all the sockets I usually have for Int / Crit i'm stacking with Int / Haste. Just wondering would the crit be over all be more optimal than stretching for that last cap.

- Stormieh Al'akir EU

//eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Stormieh/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc64bf2b8e2a; 2013-08-15 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsex View Post
    Just wondering here, i'm sacrificing a bit of crit at the moment to reach the 9158 cap (even though I have a 541 ilvl just no cloak yet) I'm debating going back down to the 6141 cap because all the sockets I usually have for Int / Crit i'm stacking with Int / Haste. Just wondering would the crit be over all be more optimal than stretching for that last cap.

- Stormieh Al'akir EU

//eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Stormieh/advanced
    After poring over the posts that Nakanai said, it looks like you should definitely go for the 9158 cap because you have the LMG (Haste increases RPPM proc rates) and two RPPM trinkets including HLG.

For me, I'm still not so sure, since I don't have HLG. I'm thinking since I 2-heal with a Holydin and 3-heal with also a resto druid that I should lay off the passive HoTs and grab some crit for Uplift burst. Except maybe for Tortos since we tank the bats (so Holydin is busy healing our Blood DK) so I'm carrying AoE.

Deleted
    Yeah i've went for the 9158 cap now but i've gemmed heavy on the crit side going to see what happens this reset i've seen a few high ranked monks doing the full Crit builds etc (aka Talimonk <Scrubbusters>) So Going to see how that goes for me, might end up having to regem haha

For me, I'm still not so sure, since I don't have HLG. I'm thinking since I 2-heal with a Holydin and 3-heal with also a resto druid that I should lay off the passive HoTs and grab some crit for Uplift burst. Except maybe for Tortos since we tank the bats (so Holydin is busy healing our Blood DK) so I'm carrying AoE.
    As of this patch Holy Pallies and Druids both blanket hots as well, which gives you a lower than average Renewing Mist portion of your healing, shifting the bulk of your healing to Uplift and the Chi talents. So no, haste is probably not terribly good for you, but like I said in the last post it hardly makes a difference.

Deleted
    Best teorycrafters are right here on MMO champion forum. Thats why monk community is checking all topic here. I am all the time interested on Totaltotemic (which I love the most) , Reglitch and Afininity posts and I make decision based on my own opinion and their crafting. But as was already said. There is nothing to talk about last 6 months. Thats why i leave a forum and I am back now too see what happen in 5.4 .

Thanks guys again for care about our class.

Deleted
    After poring over the posts that Nakanai said, it looks like you should definitely go for the 9158 cap because you have the LMG (Haste increases RPPM proc rates) and two RPPM trinkets including HLG.

Decided to stick with the 9158 hbp, int / crit build. Won't lose out on my revival this way and the crit will still be pretty good. Getting my cloak soon !!

Morning all, (at least from London). Given that the patch is a 'week' away I was wondering has anyone had an estimate at what will be best in slot? I remember reading some trinket guidance a while ago, but if someone has already formed a full bis list itd save me a spot of time.

Ps. I run in 10man but I seriously doubt that will effect item choice variance against a 25.

Have a good day, and thanks to ya all in advance.

Ana

There's a post a bunch of pages back in the main MW thread by Reglitch which I am frankly too lazy to find and link. But thought I'd at least mention it. Lol

Ty il find link and add in here if /when I find it.

Edit 30+pages later on that main thread, can only find reference to the weapons and trinket selection choices. Think I must be blind o.O
    Last edited by AnaMonk; 2013-08-19 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMonk View Post
    Ty il find link and add in here if /when I find it.

Edit 30+pages later on that main thread, can only find reference to the weapons and trinket selection choices. Think I must be blind o.O
    Post #s 1839 on pg 92 and 1841 on pg 93.

Deleted
    BiS list is outdated as it hits a haste B.P. that doesn't exist anymore due to trinket rebalancing. You can maybe hit the new one with two amp trinkets for 9158. I think it's somewhere around 8000.

Here is the item set I'm going to be going for. It kind of unavoidably hits the 12k breakpoint with double-amp trinkets. I'll probably also look at building a set around Thok's Tooth, but it's basically just going to be trading haste reforges for mastery. Feedback appreciated!

Deleted
    Is it confirmed that we are going to be able to upgrade as soon as the patch hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Is it confirmed that we are going to be able to upgrade as soon as the patch hits?
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/16/pa...-valor-points/

In the interview GC said that players should probably stockpile 3000 valor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakanai View Post
    Here is the item set I'm going to be going for. It kind of unavoidably hits the 12k breakpoint with double-amp trinkets. I'll probably also look at building a set around Thok's Tooth, but it's basically just going to be trading haste reforges for mastery. Feedback appreciated!
    I tried to make a thing in the wowhead profiler. After an hour or so of work, I finished. I then tried to edit the page description. It glitched out and deleted the entire gear set. ...

Don't use the profiler...

Anyway: http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...97.0.0.0.116.2

1) Your Spirit-Mastery shoulders were reforged to Haste. Weren't you trying to show how low you could get Haste?
    (mostly optional changes below)
    2) If you use the Shoulder tier piece instead of Legs, you can drop some Spirit gems for crit gems! You also lose a small amount of Spirit as stats. (I thought this would be good, but Haste goes up by ~470 as a result, and Mastery by ~300. Not sure this is better.)
    3) You can trade some Mastery and Haste for some Spirit and Crit by switching boots to Boots of Broken Reliance. This might be an upgrade for 10m (spirit>mastery) and lowers Haste more.
    4) Note that one can change Mastery for Spirit (esp. in 10m) by getting Laser-Slice Signet in place of Signet of the Dinomancers.

By the way, if you remove the amp trinket, the "Total Haste" doesn't change. I don't think that's implemented yet. So multiply at the end by 1.07 (for each one).
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-20 at 04:06 PM.

I tried to make a thing in the wowhead profiler. After an hour or so of work, I finished. I then tried to edit the page description. It glitched out and deleted the entire gear set. ...

Don't use the profiler...

Anyway: http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...97.0.0.0.116.2

1) Your Spirit-Mastery shoulders were reforged to Haste. Weren't you trying to show how low you could get Haste?
    (mostly optional changes below)
    I was going for the nearest haste breakpoint. With double-amp trinkets, the 12k breakpoint gets reduced to 10648 (12138 / 1.14) (Reglitch posted on the main thread that the amp trinkets were additive, not multiplicative).
    2) If you use the Shoulder tier piece instead of Legs, you can drop some Spirit gems for crit gems! You also lose a small amount of Spirit as stats. (I thought this would be good, but Haste goes up by ~470 as a result, and Mastery by ~300. Not sure this is better.)
    Shoulders have less itemization points than legs. All other things being equal (# of sockets, socket bonuses, etc), if you have to choose a poorly-itemized piece, you want it to be shoulders or gloves.
    3) You can trade some Mastery and Haste for some Spirit and Crit by switching boots to Boots of Broken Reliance. This might be an upgrade for 10m (spirit>mastery) and lowers Haste more.
    Yeah, I would do that for my set with Thok's Tooth but using it with double amp trinkets made it a gigantic pain to hit a breakpoint. I could work on it some more; I've been doing all the arithmetic by hand.
    4) Note that one can change Mastery for Spirit (esp. in 10m) by getting Laser-Slice Signet in place of Signet of the Dinomancers.
    Definitely a viable substitution, and there may be less competition for it.

By the way, if you remove the amp trinket, the "be Total Haste" doesn't change. I don't think that's implemented yet. So multiply at the end by 1.07 (for each one).
    Wowhead just seems to add up all the stats on the gear, not take into account any % modifiers on the gear. I imagine it would do the same issue with the 2% increased armor value tank meta gem.

Ah ok, wasn't sure if you can reforged around the cap. I see what you did now
    With my set though, one could settle for the 9916 EM cap, I think... but only if you didn't have any amp trinkets.
    On that note, keep in mind that 1) this is heroic bis so people will not need to change right away, and 2) in reality people will have Warforged pieces which may require pushing to a new breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakanai View Post
    Shoulders have less itemization points than legs. All other things being equal (# of sockets, socket bonuses, etc), if you have to choose a poorly-itemized piece, you want it to be shoulders or gloves.
    Right, but they're not equal :P. Your set has two blue sockets and two red sockets, the alternative set I linked has four yellow sockets (and yellow>red for you since you're gemming crit, too). Thus, you can drop about 350 Spirit by switching (since the pieces I linked also have a bit less base Spirit). Trading -350 Spirit, +300 Mastery, +50 haste/crit may be good for 25m or even 10m.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-21 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Rewording for clarification