Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not just in WoW, but in most games it's just awkward. You have a game built to be played at large on a 2D plain (running around and jumping in a 3D world), the player then spends 90% of their time on said terrain, and then you toss em underwater which is suddenly a full 3D plain (by which I mean full movement control in all directions, aka swimming). It's jarring to your play experience, and the game itself usually isn't all that well made to accommodate such movement. Even if it works perfectly fine so far as smoothness and tightness of controls go, it's just not designed to be played as a game in a 3D plain at it's core (such as a plane game where you fly around trying to shoot each other down for example).

I thought it was extremely well done and certainly enjoyed it the one time I quested through it instead of Hyjal. The quest-line where you play as a Naga is one of the best questlines out there, imo.
    However, as many others already pointed out, it's just tougher to play underwater, you have to pay attention to things that you normally wouldn't even notice when playing on ground.

I definitely wouldn't mind another one, though.

Deleted
    I don't mind it in Guild Wars 2 but swimming in WoW is painfully slow and ground targeting AoEs don't work unless you're on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The questlines in Vasjír were superb. The Enviorement and ambience and immersion were superb.
    Most of the criying was from people that cry because they cant use AoE.
    It isn't crying when it's a legitimate point. If underwater combat breaks existing mechanics that will not be removed, then it should not be added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them, but neither do I hate them, per se. I just didn't find Vashj'ir an engaging zone, though it's always funny as hell to run on the sea floor and see that hilarious skipping animation. Every model has this distinct "haters gonna hate" stride going on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Trying to figure out where exactly the enemy is to try to attack it is difficult. Swimming past it, or over it, or under it... ugh. Give me a flat level surface to fight on.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have no real depth perception in the game. We are still looking at a flat 2D image on the screen.

When looting a "floating" mob starts to get annoying because you can't judge how close you are to it without the ground as reference, that is just fail.

In short, no. No more underwater fighting.

Vash'ir:

The most amazing zone there was, there is and there ever will be!

Deleted
    If you mean games other than World of Warcraft then I don't really like them that much. The way how you have to move underwater is just annoying. In addition, you have to surface to breathe again which adds a timelimit. For example Donkey Kong 64 or Banjo Kazooie and some Zelda games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I loved the zone, I'm absolutely baffled that the poll is so close (50/50 pretty much). I figured most people hated it.

Because it gives some of us flashbacks to game of old, where we dodged cheep-cheeps and bloopers in our sleep or threw controllers when we failed to dodge the deadly seaweed in that first underwater area (the dam) on the NES Ninja Turtles game (the first one).

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Vashj'ir was an amazing questing zone imo. We need more.
    I disagree. And this is coming from someone who has levelled all of his characters trough Vashj'ir instead of Hyjal. But the reason isn't that I just like Vashj'ir so much but rather Hyjal is a ganking Mecca on a high pop PvP realm.

Vashj'ir was amazing. Loved that zone, wish they had added a raid to it. The story/quests, the environment, the 5 man instance at the end - simply amazing!

Nothing wrong with underwater zones. Vashj'ir was awesome

Completed vash'jir for the first time this week. 150~ quests. It was one of the worst (non other player induced) experiences I've had in wow.
    1. The constant blue starts to make you go crazy.
    2. It really feels as if blizzard had stopped caring towards the end of the quest chain. I kept encountering bugged enemies, bugged quests (erunak's final quest n throne of the tides has a huge bug), and overall the diversity of quests just tapers off.
    3. Underwater combat is awful as melee.
    4. Quest hub design is dreadful for alliance. The final hub in abyssal depths takes 5-10 mins ride on seahorse to get back to.
    5. Vash'jir is the biggest zone in the game and it is full of nothing.
    6. No battle pets in the zone. None.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is probably one of the first reasons as to why I dislike water levels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU_mDGyVDcM (Ninja Turtles on the NES)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vash'jir was great, more please

The only reason why some people don't like fighting etc in underwater levels/environments is because they are clickers that will fail miserably.

Its time to use those monthly millions blizzard! get something done for crying out loud. 15$ times 5 mill every 2 months and we're still getting patches annoyingly slow.

I just don't like how it's harder to gauge how far away an enemy is under water, and the precise direction. Plus, it's annoying that there aren't any roads and you can pretty much be attacked anywhere. I'll admit, the underwater zone was neat, but I only did it once because it felt like a hassle compared to land. Also, I can't swim and I'm almost deathly afraid of deep water in real life, so maybe I'm just not comfortable with the concept.

I loved Vash'Jir, the scenery the mysterious feeling and the feeling of being a fish out of water (or a mammal in water). The music was simply amazing.