Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Big numbers don't scare me. I can read and comprehend them without an issue.
    You either have a loose definition of comprehend or you're special. Humans have difficulty relating to huge numbers, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Problem is that the number are just too high and too ridiciolous. From what i heard it's not an issue of data processing but because it looks just silly.
    You already have addon's like Recount and Skada that have noticeable performance degradation on the WoW client. As the numbers get higher it's more and more math. I'm sure WoW itself has some degradation as well that we don't see as users.

They won't sell stat-enhancing items... but they will sell tokens to buy stat-enhancing items? Or lottery tickets to get stat-enhancing items?

I really don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    simply doubling the amount of operations you have to do
    For a system the size of WoW, that is one hell of a resource usage increase.

And you talk mostly about how your own computer might be affected. While there might be some increase in system requirements, tt wouldn't be a whole lot. The problem is server-side. The server needs to process every entity and event in the game world in real time. Suddenly having to double the capacity for every single instance server that is connected to this game is one hell of a task. From a logistical standpoint, it is a lot easier to downtune the numbers that the game has to process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No they're not considering a support role. Ghostcrawler's responses there have been translated from english to chinese and again to english and his meaning has been completely lost the process.

He was asked if there were to be a 4th role, what would it be? And he said "we had support roles in the past and it didn't work out so we probably wouldn't do it again".

He cleared this up on Twitter:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Question was would we ever do a fourth role. I said unlikely. Then the Question was if we had to a do a 4th, what would it be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I said we sort of had a support role in the past so it would make sense. (Still pretty unlikely though.)

Just like years ago when an Everquest new players guide was translated to Chinese. The original guide said "Please pick a name and server." The Chinese version said "Please pick the Nameless server". So our server had an abundance of Taiwanese and Chinese players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Maybe they will put Big Numbers in the cash shop for people who simply can't accept the squish.

(I'm kidding, don't flip out)
    It will be a Comic Sans font, 50 point with 6 additional decimal places added on. $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You already have addon's like Recount and Skada that have noticeable performance degradation on the WoW client. As the numbers get higher it's more and more math. I'm sure WoW itself has some degradation as well that we don't see as users.
    Those are not due to the size of the numbers, but the parsing of the combat log.
    Scrolling Combat Text addons and any other addons doing similar parsing could have the same effect.

Looks like mop is my last expansion. I'm not going for item squish.
    See ya!

can I have your stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to accept anything. I can quit the game, but before that I'm going to bitch about it on forums, and hope they change their minds.
    Man you still in here whining about the item squish? Get over yourself. They are just numbers. In relation to the actual combat there will be 0 difference. If 0 difference is too much for you to handle, then peace out. I can assure you no one cares if you play or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    So it wasn't a fake. They are really considering a supporter.
    And thanks to how much they've made the WoW a "push button, get group" game that encourages selfish solo-play, I predict that this new class will fail spectacularly and subsequently be pushed back into trinity specs.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    And thanks to how much they've made the WoW a "push button, get group" game that encourages selfish solo-play, I predict that this new class will fail spectacularly and subsequently be pushed back into trinity specs.
    I have also mixed feelings about this support role/class.... I am just thinking how this would be fun to play?
    On the other hand, one could utilize such a class to enhance healing, tanking and dps in 1 spec; just where ever a bit extra power is needed.
    If done like this, maybe this new class could be the most fun one to play and maybe the most complex also.

like I said: mixed feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Do people really not understand the item squish, its getting borderline scary. just because the numbers are small doesnt not change anything. Hitting a mob that has 10,000HP for 800 dmg, it is the exact same as hitting a mob that has 1000HP for 80 dmg. thats all the item squish is going to do, the ratios of dmg to mob health will be the exact same as always. You wont be getting weaker at all the mob will still lose the same amount from its health bar as it always has. Anyone who thinks the item squish is anything more has a very poor grasp of math :/

Blizz just doesn't want the numbers popping off mobs to be like 60,000,000,000 dmg 756,000,000,000,000,000 crit! it just looks silly

also looking forward very much for the shaman changes! still hoping they reskin Ghost Wolf with the thundermaw model though

I understand the math, and I don't care. I want those huge numbers. Part of the fun is getting stronger, NOT WEAKER.

Why would I want to go back to a time when an ilvl 140 was an upgrade and everyone had 11k hp? The epic feel just isn't there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The reason for that is down to the community.
    Try getting a group as unsociable hours, or joining a raid when you cannot commit to a fixed start time.
    Yeah lets see how you get on there.

The inaccessibility that scheduling adds to traditional raiding is why LFR exists.
    Stop bashing something because you have a narrow minded and biased view.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anybody grinding out tokens is lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah... the elder scrolls game not made by bethesda is going to be soooooooo awesome...

so sick of people talking about eso
    Time will tell....as in all things. But so far, from what I have read and seen in beta videos, etc., it is looking good. Do not read the articles about it if it makes you sick. I have a feeling you would be getting sick a lot in the next 6 months if you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    i think it's safe to say the money i would spend (i'm not going to spend any) on the cash shop would be earned as well :P

what do you mean if you can afford it you don't need to take the time? it's your CHOICE. you can spend $0 on the shop and still come out with the same amount of tokens every week. that's why the weekly cap of 3 is there. if you want to farm 900000 good for you, if you want to farm 50 a week you won't be at a disadvantage
    Of course you can earn your money in RL, but that is under different circumstances and is like comparing apples to oranges. Sure it is your choice, but to put in a way for players to "pay" for a item which reduces thier time to get items which help them perform better in a game others are spending time to get, is not a good thing imo. I have no issues what so ever with armor for looks, mounts or pets being available in the game, because those have nothing to do with you earning them or making your char perform better in the game. But buying a item which helps you get items to perform better faster, is just a way for Blizz to milk another cash cow. And is not "good' for the game. It is without question, a pay to win scenario when they allow players to buy lesser or Mogu tokens. No different than if they allowed you to purchase the valor point items with cash.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2013-08-18 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Man you still in here whining about the item squish? Get over yourself. They are just numbers. In relation to the actual combat there will be 0 difference. If 0 difference is too much for you to handle, then peace out. I can assure you no one cares if you play or not.
    Blizzard cares, they want my 30$ sometimes 45$ per month.