Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as soloing isn't affected, I couldn't care less what Blizzard decides to do.

Numbers are just numbers, all it boils down to is, you hit something with sword -> Thing dies. So long as that still happens I'm fine.

Deleted
    Good I hope Blizz and the remaining 2 mil playerbase by then have a blast with it

Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    Good I hope Blizz and the remaining 2 mil playerbase by then have a blast with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont particularly care about whether or not the squish happens. But ide say the fights over before it began.

Blizzard proved with the cashgrab shop that they dont give the tiniest shit about players opinions.

Never change MMO-Champion community, Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They made "un-soloable" bosses soloable (like Mag and Chess event, right?) - and working on Kalecgos. So I do suppose they will indeed keep old content soloable.

Yeah. They are trying to help players that want to solo old bosses more and more by making them more acceptable when it comes to soloing. I doubt they'd then do whatever they could to make them un-soloable after that. Would be a bit strange. That.. plus the inevitable backlash.

omg not an item squish! oh no! im so angry if this happens, rawr! i wont buy the next expansion if this happens! humph!!
    hmm.. i don't really see the issue if everything is scaled down proportionally, then why be so upset? because your 1m crit is now a 1k crit? if its proportional, then you're still taking an equal chunk out of your target's health pool and it will still be a lot of damage. you can get upset though... if you must.

10+ Year Old Account
    Front page says 'might'.

if I'm recalling correctly it was being seriously considered before mop but they decided to wait until the playerbase was begging for it. It is a very touchy issue though. While all of us here will know it's happening, there are a ton of wow players who don't know that a change is coming before they log in one day and see it. And if all the sudden, player x logs in after an expansion goes live and suddenly they are doing hardly any damage compared to what they were doing and their health is far lower than it was, he will freak out. You can argue all you want about these players should just quit, but losing a million subs because everybody feels like their character got destroyed with nerfs is not something wow needs.

Also, this could definitely effect your ability to solo old content. Before I wouldn't consider this a big deal, but Blizzard actually adjusted old raids to be soloable for those pets. I expect old raids will be included in the squish as well, but the percentage gap between them and a max level character will be closer making it more difficult.

In short, they have to be very careful when considering a squish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    As long as soloing isn't affected, I couldn't care less what Blizzard decides to do.

Numbers are just numbers, all it boils down to is, you hit something with sword -> Thing dies. So long as that still happens I'm fine.
    Soloing will be affected.
    The model Ghostcrawler presented a while ago destroy the soloing .

The only chance is if they fire the idi ot before it manage to kill the game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    I am so excited they finally manned up and decided to push this through.
    I think you mean broke down under slight pressure of some people that shout too hard.

I don't really care about the item squish as long as it does not affect soloing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I could've sworn they said this before Cataclysm was released too. Maybe they were just thinking about it then too.
    Sure hope its just talk
    Itemlevel squish will take away the only thing i still like doing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Front page says 'might'.
    might(will?)

And some people do see that as confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    hmm.. i don't really see the issue if everything is scaled down proportionally, then why be so upset? because your 1m crit is now a 1k crit? if its proportional, then you're still taking an equal chunk out of your target's health pool and it will still be a lot of damage. you can get upset though... if you must.
    I don't care about it if they don't waste too much time on it and scale proportionally.

If they don't do it proportionally and kill off soloing bosses or make older content a lot harder than it currently is, there'll be a lot of rage, and I won't disagree with that rage.

Not only do I think the item squish is overdue, I wouldn't even care if it made old raids impossible to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    Not only do I think the item squish is overdue, I wouldn't even care if it made old raids impossible to solo.
    Well, that's just you, and likely -- a minority.

I'm fine with a squish IF soloing isn't affected. I solo for fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    This isn't what the squish is intended to do. You're going to be left wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    I'm fine with a squish IF soloing isn't affected. I solo for fun
    I'm fine with the squish if everything else is as it was before, only the numbers look smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    I've got a feeling they'll scale things down in a half-assed way. They'll mess it up somehow..
    They forget to nerf some spells and people are getting oneshot by bosses in Molten core hitting 60ks. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, that's just you, and likely -- a minority.
    Maybe.. but what if it isn't a minority opinion? Do you support game design based solely on the opinion of the majority? Or do you think at a certain point devs need to consider what may be best for the game, even if its unpopular?