Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard has a clear preference for the squish. Even after trying commas, K's, and M's, it's not enough and they still want the squish. They don't like the mega damage solution either.
    Blizzard wanting something doesn't mean that it is necessary or good for the game. It's a non-argument.

Because MEGADAMAGE is just putting up small numbers with a suffix that pretends that they're absurdly large numbers. Its smoke and mirrors.

Honestly I hope they just up and squish everything in the pre-patch for whatever the next expansion is so that people can realize it isn't a big deal and we can all move on together into something new and exciting.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Pretty sure they know what they're doing.
    Yeah they must be, losing 40% of their playerbase in the span of 3 years and all.

I'm not stretching for meaning because I actually read their other responses. Blizzard has a clear preference for the squish. Even after trying commas, K's, and M's, it's not enough and they still want the squish. They don't like the mega damage solution either.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Exactly. We use KILOmeters per hour. What's the problem with using KILOdamage per second?
    That's the mega damage solution, and we're just worried it will look a little silly. You crit for 200 MEGADAMAGE! (Source)
    100 megadamage would look silly 100k DPS would not. They are trying to market this to minimize losses, IN CASE they decide to do it, which they haven't confirmed yet. If it was that easy and they really wanted to do it, they would have done it pre-MoP. Yet it isn't as cut and dry as some people are struggling to make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Blizzard wanting something doesn't mean that it is necessary or good for the game. It's a non-argument.
    They know more about what is necessary and good for the game than you do.

They know more about what is necessary and good for the game than you do.
    You have no actual way of knowing that
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-07-31 at 08:27 AM. Reason: being nice(r)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    100 megadamage would look silly 100k DPS would not. They are trying to market this to minimize losses, IN CASE they decide to do it, which they haven't confirmed yet. If it was that easy and they really wanted to do it, they would have done it pre-MoP. Yet it isn't as cut and dry as some people are struggling to make it.
    I already gave you their reason for not doing it. It felt weird. Too weird to implement at the same time they overhauled the talent system.

Notice he says "when we finally do it" not "if we finally do it." It's going to happen eventually. They keep pushing for it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We’re trying the solution with commas, and K’s, and M’s, and to be honest, it helps a lot, and our hope is, by 6.0 or 7.0, players are demanding the item squish, and by then it’s not controversial at all. It’s like a celebration when we finally do it. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-31 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You already responded to me, and you have no actual way of knowing that But after reading all of your responses in this thread, none of which have been logical, I think our conversation is over.
    All of my responses have been entirely based on official Blizzard statements. If I'm being illogical, then take it up with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they must be, losing 40% of their playerbase in the span of 3 years and all.
    They know better than you or anyone on the forums by sheer fact that they have access to way more information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Also the monsters of level 1?
    Like the wolfs will have like 10 HP instead and everyone at level 1 will damage 1 and crit 2? =P
    I believe it would based on level, level 95 damage would recieve the largest squish, level 1 the smallest. You may not even notice or even get a squish for levels 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is the one option. The other option is what? Picking which of the thousands of contradicting players with null credibility or work experience hiding behind a nick on the internet forum gets to decide what direction the game is going?
    I was using "non-argument" in the context of this thread. Repeating over and over again that Blizzard wants to do something isn't an argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using "non-argument" in the context of this thread. Repeating over and over again that Blizzard wants to do something isn't an argument.
    The fact that they don't consider leaving things alone, doing K's/M's, and mega damage to be acceptable long-term solutions is.

The fact that they don't consider leaving things alone, doing K's/M's, and mega damage to be solutions is.
    That would be a statement of fact. That is not an argument.

However, it's not even a statement of fact, all that has been said on the matter is that GC thinks it looks silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a mistake. There is no need to go back to 1K crits, players will HATE it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Good. I didn't want to reach the point where numbers show up like this:

"Your Mind Blast hit player X for 10 x 4.3^20."

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a statement of fact. That is not an argument.

However, it's not even a statement of fact, all that has been said on the matter is that GC thinks it looks silly.
    He's speaking for Blizzard. Notice he says "we"?

He's speaking for Blizzard. Notice he says "we"?
    Either way, it is not an argument. Also this is starting to derail the thread, I'm not sure why I got sucked into this again. >.<

Let's just agree to disagree, Aquamonkey.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-07-31 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I believe it would based on level, level 95 damage would recieve the largest squish, level 1 the smallest. You may not even notice or even get a squish for levels 1-5
    I don't think so, it will be based on gear. And the first gear to get squished will likely be all tier gear up to and including Wrath. They have designed into the game a certain rate of increase in health/dps as you level up to give the player a good sense of progression. Tier gear is where they will likely start simply because people generally skip all the old tiers while leveling. That said they can only do that once, and when they have to squish again they will have much less to work with and we they will start having to hurt the game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    This is a mistake. There is no need to go back to 1K crits, players will HATE it.
    No they won't. They will get really angry on the forums and then the patch with the squish will launch and half an hour later it will be business as usual and everyone will be too distracted by new content and class balance changes to stress over the number tuning.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    No they won't. They will get really angry on the forums and then the patch with the squish will launch and half an hour later it will be business as usual and everyone will be too distracted by new content and class balance changes to stress over the number tuning.
    I doubt it, look at all of the complaints about CRZ still. Such a large change will likely have a massive amount of bugs.