Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you watched the rambo movies?
    I saw First Blood ages ago but i'm not a massive Stallone fan, I assume that's why it went over my head.

I found the ending quite sad and the zone worked well without understanding the references however.

Deleted
    Gamon for warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamon is an example of this done right. Somewhat.

Budd Redneck being the canon murderer of Chieftain Zul'jin, the dreaded Amani leader from WC2? Not so much.

I don't see Gamon as a "joke" character. There's nothing inherently silly about him or his (optional) involvement in the raid. He was an NPC that got a little development, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Redridge storyline, i've seen it shit on a few times though, why is it considered so bad?

I actually found it enjoyable the redemption part and a sad ending.
    Because it's just one giant (bad) Rambo parody. They replaced interesting and serious lore with a poor attempt at comedy and silly pop-culture references.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't see Gamon as a "joke" character. There's nothing inherently silly about him or his (optional) involvement in the raid. He was an NPC that got a little development, nothing more.

Because it's just one giant (bad) Rambo parody. They replaced interesting and serious lore with a poor attempt at comedy and silly pop-culture references.
    As somebody who completely missed the references I actually enjoyed the zone and storyline.

Maybe I should go watch the Rambo films.

10+ Year Old Account
    gamon is not a joking matter

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Title asks it all.

Personally, I think it's silly. Sure, moving Hogger to the Stockades was just fine - but having someone like Gamon help down a boss and have true importance in the Siege of Orgrimmar? That's a bit too much for my tastes.
    Pre Wrath of the Lich king, Saurfang was a "Joke Character" by your definition, renowned by both horde an alliance for his epic cleave. He didn't have a backstory, he didn't have voiced lines, and his sole purpose in the world was to put a dragon's head on a giant wooden pole.

Chew on that for a little bit.

Edit: Shit, look what they did with Mankirk in the barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Pre Wrath of the Lich king, Saurfang was a "Joke Character" by your definition, renowned by both horde an alliance for his epic cleave. He didn't have a backstory, he didn't have voiced lines, and his sole purpose in the world was to put a dragon's head on a giant wooden pole.

Unless i'm terribly wrong, Saurfang was a veteran of the first 2 wars and one of the best orc leaders in battle. He already had lore as opposed to just being a joke NPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post

well sorry but saurfang is brother of broxigar, that fought against sargeras

Gamon has leveled up with the rest of us. Why shouldn't he be allowed to see content?

I saw First Blood ages ago but i'm not a massive Stallone fan, I assume that's why it went over my head.

I found the ending quite sad and the zone worked well without understanding the references however.
    I saw the rambos a long long time ago, to young to remember.. i played threw both the new westfall and new redridge, and i must agree, i liked it very much. I dont mind it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Title asks it all.

Personally, I think it's silly. Sure, moving Hogger to the Stockades was just fine - but having someone like Gamon help down a boss and have true importance in the Siege of Orgrimmar? That's a bit too much for my tastes.
    He doesn't have an importance in the lore. He's a prisoner because he didn't wish to leave Orgrimmar. I think you can free him and he helps you fight, and you get an achievement if he stays alive. Doesn't mean he has an importance. I see it more as a clever fit in for a quite popular NPC.

And I wonder, you first react now but you never reacted on the other changes? Such as another new weapon for MoP?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    That wasn't until AFTER wow came out and they started releasing Comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    While joke characters are usually funny and all, I find them to be quite immersive breaking. But that's WoW for you :/

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Unless i'm terribly wrong, Saurfang was a veteran of the first 2 wars and one of the best orc leaders in battle. He already had lore as opposed to just being a joke NPC.
    All of that came after. Blackblade is 100% correct in what he says, they massively expanded Saurfang's character and backstory later on - as they may very well be doing for Gamon. The only difference is that Gamon is being elevated right now, whereas Saurfang was elevated years ago so most people have forgotten what he used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    As well, the only reason he fights is not to help you. He fights because he don't want to be pushed around, he just wanted to stay in the inn. The orcs kept poking him till he was completely captured. He then help you if you wish, and you get an achievement if you survive.

Basicly, it's more to show - "look, members of the Horde will fight with you".

I still think he should have a aggro tree. You make him join the fight, but if you do a certain mount of direct spells, he should attack you. Would be awesome.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree. Young Ani Skywalker accidentally decimating the Trade Federation forces at the Battle of Naboo!?! Worst. Episode. Ever.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Gamon isn't a joke character. Not in lore. What lore he has isn't funny in the slightest. He has that perception only because players assigned it to him, and they did that because he was something unique that the city had. Everyone knows who Gamon is, and how closely tied he is to Orgrimmar. And that is precisely the reason he's in the raid. It wouldn't be Orgrimmar without him.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, Just a game people, Just a game^_^

If they get an important role in a lore event, then they're no longer joke characters. Their joke character identity has been revoked. It's an ex-identity. It's pinning for the Howling Fjords.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.