Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Isle... To small?

Maybe it's just me, but aside from the horrific amounts of lag this island feels waaaay to small for high population servers. Trying to get random spawning mobs with hoards of AoE spamming people isn't enjoyable gaming in the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it myself due to being on a medium population but I suspect in a few days it'll calm down as people get over the initial "OMG GOTTA CHECK IT OUT" kinda thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is cozy, but it's similar to IQD which was also "small." There's a lot of shit packed into it, though. Action for days right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more worried about not having enough random people around to be able to do bosses/ random spawns :S I had to solo all the rare spawns on isle of thunder when it was first released

Deleted
    Quel'Danas was very "small" as well, at last in terms of "used areas". I am EU and cannot compare it yet but I liked Quel'danas much more than Isle of thunder.

It could be a bit larger, but overall its fine. Once the leagues of drooling retards who think it's clever to mount up in the NPC area get bored, it will be a bit easier to deal with.

It's a bit crammed for now, but eventually when interest dies down small is better so it won't feel dead like isle of thunder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm more worried about not having enough random people around to be able to do bosses/ random spawns :S I had to solo all the rare spawns on isle of thunder when it was first released
    Well, those new cross-realm things should help you, no?

Mal'ganis US, my server, is way way way populated and did not calm down on IoT until maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Still busy enough to get rares or Nalak done, though. (But I solo the rares anyway.)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a big island, and I wouldn't have complained if it was larger... but I don't think it's too small. The varied levels of land, the caves, and stuff out in the ocean make the island feel bigger than it is anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Medium size server here. No problems. No lag. Timeless Isle was fine. Make sure your addons are updated if you have a lot of lag.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10 ally for 60 horde on skullcrusher. Not ganked that much but still dead 4x in 15min :S

Got 4p for my hunter 1 cloth 1 leather and 10k coins by just killing some mobs and doing 4quest. pretty fast

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess somebody has to whine about something. this is proof that you cant please everybody. the island feels fine to me. its what a populated zone should feel like.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Well, those new cross-realm things should help you, no?

i hope the connected realms helps the crz isn't active on my server for some reason -.-'

# Realm Type Lang Score Population* Horde* Alliance*
    28 Al'Akir (up) PvP en 26233.33 3701 3700 1

Deleted
    Always like this on a new zone the first few weeks of a patch, nothing to worry about. The only real important stuff is killing a celestial for the weekly loot, and that's easy enough. Achievements will come.

I wouldn't say the island is laggy. I would just say it's frozen in time. What better way to show time being frozen in place on the Timeless isle that then horrible amounts of lag?

Deleted
    Nalak is still killed every 30mins on my server and at 03.01, 03.18, 03.40, 04.00 etcetc every reset day and that's just from typing "LFM Nalak" in /1 on IoT. Oondasta and Galleon are always killed as soon as they spawn. A rare is usually killed within 2mins of spawning, even at 08.30 on a sunday morning.

I fear we won't get much done on the timeless isle until 3-4 weeks from now. I have no choice though, I gotta get that damn legendary cape before our wednesday raid....

I play on EU though, so I don't know yet how extreme it'll be, but I'm guessing we won't get much done the first few days.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess being rude is just normal for people in this day and age, huh? I'm on Area 52 and have been online since launch, the island is to small for quests where you have to kill random mobs to get the quest done. Go be rude somewhere else, will ya...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    soloing the rare spawns is more fun anway!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

The entire continent of Pandaria is too small, IMO. Northrend is much bigger. But the difference between both are Northrend has a lot of open space filled with nothing, whereas in Pandaria, every area no matter where you go has something.

As someone who plays on Stormrage ... good luck casting a spell or using an ability more than once every 30 seconds.