Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because its EXTRA things that are optional. If you had a business, and people were offering to pay you to make optional addons to the main product, would you not jump on that opportunity to improve cash flow to the business?
    To be honest if my business had just lost a third of its customers in little over two years I'd be working harder to offer my existing customers a better product and to try to tempt those that left back not trying to extract even more money out of those that remain.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with it to be honest, it's just the "doomsayers" spreading their prophecy of random hate for yet another feature that isn't required to use but is nice to have. I swear, sometimes I think these people are under the influence of Old Gods because their lack of sense makes me want to form a raid group to knock it back into them.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Who you are, and what you earn in real life absolutely should and does have meaning in game. You wouldnt be playing this game if you didnt earn money to pay for your computer, internet connection, house to live, sub fee for the game etc. You would be homeless.

The blizzard store is optional. It doesnt affect you in any way if another person uses their money to buy optional / cosmetic things.

It affects me in the way that I dont want to be teased with these items on cashshop, I pay 13 bucks a month for the sole reason to not be teased with them, for the illusion that everything in game is earnable to me with simply my own skills/management and I dont have to buy shit from a cashshop because it's convenient. This game is something more than a game for me and many other people, like a total different world. I dont to think about real life shit when playing the game, I dont want to see items on a cashshop. the mounts and pets and whatnot are already a fucking disgrace and I am constantly on the verge of quitting because of them. If they'll introduce an ingame cashshop that will be the last straw.

You are essentially agreeing with me and providing support for my argument.

These people just dont understand how business works. Sure you can go to cold stone creamery and get a couple scoops of ice cream, but if they want additional things like you pointed out, it would be stupid for them not to charge for them. What they are just going to give away free reeses, and sprinkles, and chocolate coating, nuts, butterfingers, twix, kit kat, snickers, carmel, marshmellow sauce, whipped cream?
    I'm am completely agreeing with you, first time for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Part of the subscription fee no doubt goes towards paying the company's salaries. So in essence it's paying for new content. Yet some of the new content (pets, mounts, vanity gear) require a payment on top of the money you already pay for content.
    YEP! Double dipping!

Final Fantasy Reborn is coming...a subscription game and NO cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    It affects me in the way that I dont want to be teased with these items on cashshop, I pay 13 bucks a month for the sole reason to not be teased with them, for the illusion that everything in game is earnable to me with simply my own skills/management and I dont have to buy shit from a cashshop because it's convenient. This game is something more than a game for me and many other people, like a total different world. I dont to think about real life shit when playing the game, I dont want to see items on a cashshop. the mounts and pets and whatnot are already a fucking disgrace and I am constantly on the verge of quitting because of them. If they'll introduce an ingame cashshop that will be the last straw.
    So what im getting from your rant here, is that you are on the verge of quitting because you are jealous of other people choosing to spend their money the way they want to?

Why?

Because I'm already paying money for a game. I just hate DLC is all. It's a sleezy concept made by sleezy businessmen who treat their consumers like idiots. I understand that it's optional (for now), but that doesn't make it any less sleezy. It's EA-style tactics. No thanks.

This all is just where I draw the line. If people choose to be milked like cows and if people are ok with businesses doing that with a sub model, then go for it. For me.. this is no different than that time Blizzard tried selling the REAL ID feature for cash. lol I'm sure someone will try to explain why that was a good idea 2.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2013-08-01 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I'm am completely agreeing with you, first time for everything.
    haha, do you normally disagree with me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Why?

Because I'm already paying money for a game. I just hate DLC is all. It's a sleezy concept made by sleezy businessmen who treat their consumers like idiots. I understand that it's optional (for now), but that doesn't make it any less sleezy. It's EA-style tactics. No thanks.
    People are so concerned about what other people choose to spend their money on.. it just astounds me.

If people are willing to spend big money on baseball game tickets, merchandise, beer at the park, all the overpriced shit at the stadium, then why do people gripe and bitch about players being paid too much.

1) Its none of your damn business what the players are paid.

2) What people are willing to spend their money on is also none of your damn business.

3) If Blizzard offers something that players are willing to spend money on, and they do so and people spend their money on it, that too is also none of your damn business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    Not to be teased with? Does blizzard have to hold your hand with your self control too? If you're going to quit a game because you can't handle the fact that you're being enticed by products(Really, where in real life does this NOT happen), that's pathetic.

You may not think about real life shit, but that doesn't lessen the impact real life has on this game. You sticking your head in the sand isn't going to make the problem go away.

Did you not understand the point of my post? If you want to be milked and taken advantage of while paying a flat sub, go for it. But it's still sleezy and you're enabling sleezy business moves. lol

Really.

Whats wrong with having an in-game cash grab shop? It is a more convenient option for players to buy vanity items and other cool things from blizzards collection of virtual goods. Why are players personally offended by the Blizzard store in the first place, you dont have to buy the items if you dont want to, so I dont see what the big deal is.
    Because we're already paying. As you said it's a cash grab shop.

Its about time they added an OPTIONAL + experience item to the store.
    No, that would be adding things that other MMO's have...you know, the ones that don't have a monthly fee.

Think of all the awesome things they could add to the in-game store:

-Experience elixer
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them)
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game)
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it)
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear)
    1) Might as well sell level 90 characters. But then of course that makes it even harder to level normally as now you have even longer queues to do dungeons or BG's.

2) They've already done this. And while I don't mind it too much, it should have ended at that.

4) Got this now too, and it's crappy, especially at the price point.

5) Might as well sell gear.

6) No, as gold is already becoming an issue in game.

7) HELL NO as it will ruin the economy and it's essentially buying gold.

8) No, because making exclusive content is BS when you have a subscription based model.

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it.
    Yes it does, and the whole idea of a cash shop in a monthly subscription game is asinine.

In game stores are for free to play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that cosmetics are one of the most major parts of WoW. People devote insane amounts of time towards getting cosmetic things such as Xmog / mounts / pets / titles ect. To make certain content impossible to obtain ingame, is a complete betrayal for a subscription based game.

Screaming rubbish like "Blizzard is a company" doesnt immediately give them a free pass to fuck over their remaining subscibers. Blizzard has been a company for almost 2 decades, WoWs been out for almost 10 years (I think?) and they havent resorted to shady business practises like this. Subscriptions arent their only income, they shouldnt have to extort more money out of their playerbase with 3 overpriced helmets, a 1st year animation student could mock up.
    I forgot that they removed all of the other helms in game. Thanks for informing me of that change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that cosmetics are one of the most major parts of WoW. People devote insane amounts of time towards getting cosmetic things such as Xmog / mounts / pets / titles ect. To make certain content impossible to obtain ingame, is a complete betrayal for a subscription based game.

Screaming rubbish like "Blizzard is a company" doesnt immediately give them a free pass to fuck over their remaining subscibers. Blizzard has been a company for almost 2 decades, WoWs been out for almost 10 years (I think?) and they havent resorted to shady business practises like this. Subscriptions arent their only income, they shouldnt have to extort more money out of their playerbase with 3 overpriced helmets, a 1st year animation student could mock up.
    Overpriced? You think $15 bucks is overpriced? Many hundreds of thousands of the helmets have been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Because we're already paying. As you said it's a cash grab shop.
    So don't pay for it?

No, that would be adding things that other MMO's have...you know, the ones that don't have a monthly fee.
    Completely irrelevant, don't buy it if you don't agree with it.

Yes it does, and the whole idea of a cash shop in a monthly subscription game is asinine.
    You telling me what I can and cannot do with my money is asinine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Part of the subscription fee no doubt goes towards paying the company's salaries. So in essence it's paying for new content. Yet some of the new content (pets, mounts, vanity gear) require a payment on top of the money you already pay for content.
    You're right. In 5.4 they're adding 31 pets that you can obtain in-game by playing. They added TWO new pets to the Blizzard Store in the past year.

Should we count the mounts? How about different design helmets? Between PvP, tier, and offset items, I think it comes to a total a little bit higher than three.

People, for pity's sake please try using your entire brain and not your "go bonkers when someone announces something" portion. Oh, let's also count the number of in-game ways to increase experience over the one flask that does it for only one hour.

Pretty sure they're still giving you WAY more stuff inside the game than they are on the cash shop. Let's see.

In-game pets : nearly 500?
    In-game mounts : over 250?
    In-game experience boosts : six per character now? I don't recall the exact total

Blizzard Store pets : 10?
    Blizzard Store mounts : 5?
    Blizzard Store experience increases : 1

Math. Proving silly people silly since the invention of the plus sign.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You telling me what I can and cannot do with my money is asinine.
    No. He didn't say that. Read again carefully this time, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find nothing at all wrong with a cash shop. There are plenty of in-game drops already, this isn't going to kill the game. How is this feature any different than TCG stuff? People hundreds for those cards, and sometimes thousands with in game currency for the items. I just don't see the difference. The only item that has been announced that effects game play is the XP booster, and that's meant to speed up alt leveling. Might not even make it into the game, I think we would all benefit from stepping back and chilling out. You can't pay to win, and it won't change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just set the record straight for the QQers and whiners about the cash shop.

There is NOTHING unethical, immoral, or wrong about offering extras to people willing to pay. There is no shady business practice going on, no screwing the customers, nothing. Its just your objection and feeling that you need to have everything for free as part of your sub fee. This entitled attitude is what has lead to the downfall of the quality of content the designers have made to make things more accessable to everyone. Your sub fee only entitles you to be able to log in and enter the world. Thats it. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    No. He didn't say that. Read again carefully this time, friend.
    Did he explicitly say it? No, but his argument does.
    The sole opposition is that they don't think it's fair that people can go on there and buy stuff with money.
    You might want to read more carefully yourself.