Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    This worries me a lot as a frost mage.
    The "buff" to the proc chance is 0.02 on a basis of 0.53 for BoH and 0.59 for Wushoolays. As a frost mage, I have over 50% haste raid geared, that increases proc chance by 50%. Without haste scaling I get approximately 3% increased proc chance on the trinkets. A nice 33% nerf on trinket uptime. Meta is buffed by 14% but looses haste scaling as well. That is a net nerf of about 25% as well. And these numbers are without even considering the positive feedback from our meta actually proccing. With uptimes in the 40% range, our effective haste is about 70%, which makes the nerf even stronger. That is hardly "comepnsation" and will hurt frost mage a lot more than the other specs.
    Maybe someone can bring this up on the US forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going well. People have stopped assisting my thread. PTR so far is showing changes hurting frost and arcane worse than fire. GC tweets are showing distance, denial, or ignorance (not sure which one).

If this is shaping up to be another 4.3, I'm just not going to bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to take into consideration that frost only stacks haste BECAUSE of the rppm scaling - before getting rppm items int is preferable. I also suspect that the new mastery will be allowed to scale higher, thus making for a good candidate for a new top stat. Fire has way way more synergy with stacking procs than both frost and arcane, and although uptimes will suffer for frost especially, this nerf is definitely worse for fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I'd love to see how fire does compared to frost without trinkets entirely.

I think all these "scaling" issues come from the damn items themselves, not the classes.
    UVLS and Wushoolay for DoT classes, in particular.

I keep hearing that Demo will be "dead" without UVLS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This worries me a lot as a frost mage.
    I might be mistaken, but wasnt there an additional modifier for rppm procs, at least for meta gem? It was highest for us, and lowest for dot classes and fire mages..

Deleted
    You are correct, it was lowest for fire, it then got buffed so it was worst for destro locks, it was highest for boomkin and ele to my knowledge although i think frost was pretty high aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    I might be mistaken, but wasnt there an additional modifier for rppm procs, at least for meta gem? It was highest for us, and lowest for dot classes and fire mages..
    Yes, but that doesn't change. What changes are the haste modifiers, or better, the product of proc-chance times haste, while the rest remains unchanged. and this product goes down by about 33%, which has to be compensated by longer time waiting for the proc, reducing the effective uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    UVLS and Wushoolay for DoT classes, in particular.

I keep hearing that Demo will be "dead" without UVLS.
    I believe this, especially after seeing how terrible our Demo Lock's dps is when UVLS doesn't proc.

Deleted
    Well so far, Fire would be the winner, just like Fire is the winner of all those new trinkets.

Frost will be a lot less competive, arcane a little (though it won't hurt them so badly).

It all comes down to what damage adjustments will come in the coming weeks. But i would bet 100k gold, that Fire will be the easy winner, not just for mages, but overall dps. Frost will still be pretty much non existent in highend raiding, arcane will have situational use.

There are other classes with much higher haste levels like hunters (a lot of base haste via class abilities), enhancers, slightly rogues, rets. Those will lose a lot more dps compared to Fire and Arcane because of their high haste values they currently have - and of course the burst they so heavily rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    I believe this, especially after seeing how terrible our Demo Lock's dps is when UVLS doesn't proc.

Demo isn't dead, check out the PTR. Demo is doing quite well even without UVLS

10+ Year Old Account
    On the ptr, tested wushoolays, it procs like crazy lol. Literally back to back sometimes. It's hard to get a LOT of use from it in the small duration. Especially since it's only at high stacks for a little.

Deleted
    it's because 22s ICD + boosted rppm is just huge. But I'm not sure if it stack to full with the reduced duration.