Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages get time-based armor next tier (Time Lord). That kind of tells us which why this is going.

Timewalker as a class? Doubtful.

I was running around on the Timeless Isle last night. I ran into the Warden, Watcher, and Weaver and immediately remembered this thread.

Why are they there, saying what they are saying in such specific class-defining roles?

Why introduce the Timeless Isle at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't read every post in the thread, but some of you aren't taking into account the fact that Timewalkers aren't all Bronze dragons, alot if not most are mortals who happen to be mages specialized in time magic and are aiding the Bronze Dragonflight.

Side note, Warlocks are mages who are specialized in dark / fel / demon magic.

Deleted
    oeh, I could get behind this concept. sounds brilliant! Might even prefer it over tinker :P
    Sound concept that fits most gaps we still have.
    While we're at it I hope they will allow the warden to wield 2h + shield, has been a wish off mine for some time to be able to tank with a shield and polearm (wishfull thinking )

On the subject of the different kinds of magic. I'd pair shamans and druids with the religious folk like priests and paladins, they 'plead' or 'force' favours with other beings. Where mages and warlocks (and DK's I suppose) are able to convert raw energy around them. I'd put Monks in between those two groups. Maybe warlocks are hybrid too, considering they force demons to do their bidding.

I think Timewalkers would fall into the convert energy group, being able to manipulate the timewaves without a higher being as an intermediate. Not a huge fan of a time travelling expansion though. I love CoT instances, but too much time travelling leads to very confusing and disjointed storytelling.

Deleted
    Game needs a mail wearing bow/gun/crossbow user.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Game needs a mail wearing bow/gun/crossbow user.
    You mean hunters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Should they? I don't know. However, I don't mind the concept as much as demon hunters.

Based on all the Warlords of Dreanor time-travelling going on, the possibility of this class just went up a notch.

Weavers, Wardens, and Watchers, oh my!

The thought of a Time Mage Tank makes me all giddy. I'm going to listen to these on the ride home:

The Sword - The Chronomancer I: Hubris
    The Sword - The Chronomancer II: Nemesis
    Last edited by Futhark; 2013-11-01 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI; You can time travel via technology as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You mean hunters?
    Yes, you understand that correct: another one, besides hunters.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Based on all the Warlords of Dreanor time-travelling going on, the possibility of this class just went up a notch.

Weavers, Wardens, and Watchers, oh my!

The thought of a Time Mage Tank makes me all giddy. I'm going to listen to these on the ride home:

The Sword - The Chronomancer I: Hubris
    The Sword - The Chronomancer II: Nemesis
    It's not going to be time travel. I'll laugh when it's the remains of Draenor that we haven't been to yet!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's not going to be time travel. I'll laugh when it's the remains of Draenor that we haven't been to yet!
    To be fair, its called Outland after its destruction, its no longer called Draenor. The only way this expansion could have something to do with Draenor is if it takes place BEFORE the birth of Outland.

Very intriguing thread, too little attention compared to some leaks imo. ;P

I used to think demon hunters were the most likely class if they ever make a new one... but ever since I first heard this idea its made a lot of sense and is really cool. I don't know how I would feel about a time travel expansion but the timewalker class is definitely the BEST candidate for a new class imo.