Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

No more realm first achievements!

It just got confirmed on the Blizzcon stream that there will probably not be any more realm first achievements. This totally sucks!

I'm pretty sure they said this a while back... Maybe it wasn't confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have been playing since TBC and never had time to try realm first. And now when I decide to go for it, They removed it not cool.

and who cares?

waaaaaay too many variables to make it a competitive and fair achievement since the servers are fuck'd up the first 10ish hours.

Why does it suck? If realms are connected it makes the race more complicated and only a few people even cared about that kind of competition. It's not even real bragging rights. If you had some kind of equipment to show off for it you might have a point, but it's just an achievement. They don't do anything meaningful.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Oh thank god :P
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Deleted
    It sucks for all of us who came back to the game to get server first..

Just confirmed by Tom Chilton on stream earlier, and yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    Oh thank god :P

Deleted
    The only ones it mattered for were the raid ones, and to be frank, just about every realm has that one guild that has a lock-in on that anyway.

Still, at least I can still flex my Realm First 450 Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    It sucks for all of us who came back to the game to get server first..
    You come back for such a thing? That's incredibly sad.

I, for one, am happy about this. I got realm first 90 mage, and it was not as fun as I had hoped it would be.... and it was only 5 levels. I would probably die trying to grind out 90-100 for realm first.

Realm firsts are great for the one player who gets it. However, it created an environment where tens of the thousands felt like they needed to rush through new content that they really should be savoring and enjoying. It was like turning a holiday into an eating contest. Also the winners often felt obliged to use exploits and near exploits in order to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You come back for such a thing? That's incredibly sad.
    Why is this sad? Don't we all have our reasons to play this game?

Why is this sad? Don't we all have our reasons to play this game?
    The reason is sad, that's all.
    Would understand it if it was for something else but a race that lasts a (few) day(s) with bug-abusers? please.
    And to make sure nobody misunderstands, I'm talking about professions/leveling realm firsts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There prbly will be for Mythic, but the other difficulties prbly not. If not we will have the Race to always look forward to & have WoWprogress always track it for us regardless.

And to think that on wotlk they were going for unique titles along those realm firsts. Things have changed! (i also think for the best)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just got confirmed on the Blizzcon stream that there will probably not be any more realm first achievements. This totally sucks!
    It really is a shame. There's very little incentive to being a progression guild as is. Removal of realm first achievements just makes it so the only thing you gain from progression raiding is better stats so you can raid faster.. starting to remind me a bit of D3's reward system.

realm first gone right when we get an expansion for the first three digit level, come on..........i have all of them and was planning to end it by getting the 100 one

Of course it's for the best. I don't know if any of you ever raced for Realm First 80, 85 or 90 but actually much time for the preparation was to level as many characters as possible on the beta realms to check out the best route or whatever. Plus realms were very unstable for the first few hours after launch and therefore you had to hope that you aren't stuck in loading screens/instances/whatever.

I mean it was great to race against the whole server (ok, maybe against a few other people) but I am personally glad that I don't have to do it anymore (Although it was fun!).
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame for those who are into that I suppose, personally I've never seen what joy can be obtained from racing to max level for an achievement.
    But hey, to each their own I suppose.
    Butts.